Page 14 of 68 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223242526272864 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hang in there ronkh !

so you have stage 4 cancer, are undergoing chemo therapy, just finished radiation therapy, are physically drained and get winded just walking from room to room at home, what do you do now? when your friends offer to drive down to detail your rides, you are more concerned that they will have to make a two hour drive each way to do that and rather than inconvenience them, you get out there give your ride a wash and wipe down by yourself ( so what if you are exhausted and that takes you 3hrs) and you attend car shows on saturday and sunday. that`s what ronkh did this weekend. i did drive down to the gamble plantation car show in ellenton, fl. on sunday to see ron and to make sure he got a bbq sandwhich. he`s still pretty drained, but refuses to give up. i say he he gets at least three attaboys for this weekend. he`s very thankful for everyone`s responses and prayers. way to hang tough ron !!!
    Thanks Ronkh, mc2hill, Jaddie thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Go Ron.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Likes tropicsteve, VitreousHumor, Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Keep the faith brother !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes Ronkh, GearHead_1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Keep up the good fight! praying for you
    every day.

Jim
    Likes Ronkh, GearHead_1, Stokdgs liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

So..... As Steve said, it was time for me to try and start moving. Radiation & chemo have been kicking my butt, pretty much my schedule was sleep, chemo, radiation, sleep........ etc, etc. Ex for when Jen made me move. Even showering would leave me breathless sittin on the edge of tub to catch my breath after. Or breathing hard just going from room to room.

Now Steve has offered a few hundred times to come down and take care of the cars for me, but, he`s about 2 hours from me. So my comment has been," you`re not gonna drive for 2 hours, wash cars, and drive two hours home again."

So Sat there was a large car show that I wanted to give a shot, and Sunday a big big show and memorial for a friend that I sorta had to be at.

So literally after being able to wash one panel or less at a time..................

Then While I was at the show Sunday Jen and the girls cleaned up the garage for me !!!!!
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!
    Likes GearHead_1, Tc99m, SWETM, Angus, trashmanssd and 7 others liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!
    Likes GearHead_1, Tc99m, SWETM, Angus, nickclark08 and 8 others liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Diner, Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Nice job on the Car-age. Nice and neat. But why aren’t the trophy’s on the mantle?

I know my wife won’t let me either.

I got my own fridge years ago for wax and coating and yeah and beer too !
    Likes Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post

Jen and the girls cleaned up the garage for me !!!!!
    Do they hire out?
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Likes Ronkh, Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    So..... As Steve said, it was time for me to try and start moving. Radiation & chemo have been kicking my butt, pretty much my schedule was sleep, chemo, radiation, sleep........ etc, etc. Ex for when Jen made me move. Even showering would leave me breathless sittin on the edge of tub to catch my breath after. Or breathing hard just going from room to room.

Now Steve has offered a few hundred times to come down and take care of the cars for me, but, he`s about 2 hours from me. So my comment has been," you`re not gonna drive for 2 hours, wash cars, and drive two hours home again."

So Sat there was a large car show that I wanted to give a shot, and Sunday a big big show and memorial for a friend that I sorta had to be at.

So literally after being able to wash one panel or less at a time..................

Then While I was at the show Sunday Jen and the girls cleaned up the garage for me !!!!!
    Right on man. Really glad to hear you were able to spend time doing the stuff you love. I can`t imagine what you`re going through, but I know for my friend`s dad battling the big C that continuing working on projects was a great distraction/mood booster.

I`ve also heard that visualizing eliminating the bad cells can help too. Imagine it however works best for you, but you could think of it like knocking out swirls on a new-to-you black car (I can`t say one of your old black cars, because good god they were perfect!). Hopefully this doesn`t sound like complete crazy talk, it`s just another way to wage war.

Keep staying positive - Who cares how long it takes to get your results - it`s all about how awesome it is that you`re able to do it.

I know to you I`m just some random dude, but count me as one of the many that`s rooting for you!
    Likes nickclark08, Ronkh, RPPM, Stokdgs liked this post
    Thanks Ronkh, Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Ronkh- Thanks for the update, and I`m glad you got to do something fun. Hey, that was one eclectic car show! And heh heh, I too would`ve been all over that ambulance, thanks for the pix of it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Ronkh- Thanks for the update, and I`m glad you got to do something fun. Hey, that was one eclectic car show! And heh heh, I too would`ve been all over that ambulance, thanks for the pix of it.
    Actually, the Ambulance is owned by a long time friend/colleague. He was head of the CT Association of Emergency Medical Instructors. So we`ve known eachother for ove35 years or something.

Post Thanks / Like

Very happy to see you out and about!
    Thanks Ronkh thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for sharing Ron. Glad to see you out enjoying a show. Stay positive.

We are thinking about you.
    Thanks Ronkh thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Good to see you up and moving Ron. I know you can beat this my friend.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Page 14 of 68 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223242526272864 ... LastLast

Thread Information