Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gas shortages/gouging

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    How many mpg it get?
    Lol, none, it`s electric only. I think the silly calculation by the EPA is 128mpg-e.
    Likes Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Lol, none, it`s electric only. I think the silly calculation by the EPA is 128mpg-e.
    Well, unless you have nuclear power generator..... It is fossil fuel powered........
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by grisby View Post
    Over the last week and a half it went up by 15 cents. Went out this morning and it jumped another .30 cents overnight!! This is in Harrisburg Pa. Glad I filled up my 72 GS yesterday, it takes high test( to the young folks that is premium gas) it is now $4.09 at some locations. Regular is between 2.89 and 2.99
    I can only imagine what it cost on the Turnpike then. They`re ALWAYS $.20/gal higher than the areas around it, well except for the Bedford exit. It`s always high there.

Glad the company truck has a gas card...
    2022 Toyota Tacoma TRD OR 4x4 6MT - 2023 Toyota Camry SE

Post Thanks / Like

Actually the turnpike is not bad. Its only 2.99 near the Harrisburg East shore exit--my daughter got it late last night and told me that. Its the grocery store chains around here that are the price gougers. I was out in that area 2 weekends visiting my son in laws cabin in Somerset area and we got off at Bedford--yep they were high then, can imagine what they are now!!! But I guess if you don`t know the area and travel the turnpike I guess they have you as a captive audience!!!
    Thanks
    Bill G

1972 Buick GS Stage 1
    1 of 728 made
    1 of 1 SCO color combo

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by grisby View Post
    Actually the turnpike is not bad. Its only 2.99 near the Harrisburg East shore exit--my daughter got it late last night and told me that. Its the grocery store chains around here that are the price gougers. I was out in that area 2 weekends visiting my son in laws cabin in Somerset area and we got off at Bedford--yep they were high then, can imagine what they are now!!! But I guess if you don`t know the area and travel the turnpike I guess they have you as a captive audience!!!
    I know going from the Carlisle interchange east to Philadelphia prices are all over the place, but I guess supply and demand. Typically higher around my exit (Fort Littleton/522) Westward. The only gas in town is Sheetz and Giant, both stay the same price. Although I won`t put Sheetz gas in my personal vehicle and Giant only in the truck.
    2022 Toyota Tacoma TRD OR 4x4 6MT - 2023 Toyota Camry SE

Post Thanks / Like

Well, unless you have nuclear power generator..... It is fossil fuel powered........
    Well, about 20% of the grid is nuclear powered. We have a huge natural gas power station about 3 miles away so that`s probably the bulk of mine. That said, operating costs are probably less than 1/4 of gasoline. 0.12 per kilowatt fills my battery for a little less than $2.50 and I get 100 miles out of that.

Post Thanks / Like

just givin ya a hard time
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

just givin ya a hard time
    I figured. Honestly I didn`t buy it to be an eco savior, though I do like that aspect. I bought it because it`s frugal and I we drive do tons of short trips that are bad on the dinosaur burners. The fact that they are giving them away pushed me over the edge.

Post Thanks / Like

I found there is a new filter on Gasbuddy - it allows you to show only stations with gas
    Learning tips and tricks from fellow board members since 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    I didn`t want to take chances so I topped up.

How many road trips have you taken that thing on? I`d love to know how many times I`d have to charge it just to make it across the state of Texas.
    Likes grungy liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheMeanGreen View Post
    How many road trips have you taken that thing on? I`d love to know how many times I`d have to charge it just to make it across the state of Texas.
    That is one of the questions I have to get answered before I consider electric. I drive to FL about once a year (800 miles) and it normally takes about 14 hrs including stops for food and whatnot. The Expy can do it in 2 tanks if I keeps the speed down and don`t run into many traffic jams (what happens in the electric if I run out of juice on I-10 on the west side of Baton Rouge?).
    Learning tips and tricks from fellow board members since 2009

Post Thanks / Like

I was up in Virginia this weekend and the gas prices were the same as in NC -- around $2.45 to $2.60. Usually VA prices are 20 cents less than NC primarily due to gas tax difference. I do not see any shortages, no long lines at pumps, etc. Big yard sale period.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheMeanGreen View Post
    None, and will likely never take it on a road trip. Going 80 miles and then waiting 30-60 minutes (depending on the charger) is a recipe for a road trip I don`t like. We have another car that we take on long trips since we have a home in another state we go to at least once a month.

That said, if I was your typical family that went on a two week vacation once a year, I`d totally rent a car, and have in the past when our situation was different. If you do the math on depreicatioin plus wear and tear on your car, the rental is free or even pays for itself. Last but not least, being an autopian, you know the feeling of taking your car on vacation and parking it places that make you cringe. Parking the rental companies car is stress free. Bonus, if you break down in the middle of nowhere, you`re not getting raped to get your car fixed.

Post Thanks / Like

Here`s my question. Spot gasoline on NYMEX today is down within 3% of where it started before Harvey. We all watched how fast it jumped last week. How long you think it will take to come back down? Hahahaha.
    2021 Acura RDX, Pearl Red
    2022 Cadillac CT-4V Blackwing, Blaze Orange
    2022 Mazda MX-5, Snowflake White

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DAC17 View Post
    Here`s my question. Spot gasoline on NYMEX today is down within 3% of where it started before Harvey. We all watched how fast it jumped last week. How long you think it will take to come back down? Hahahaha.
    Depends on refining capacity

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information