Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: To Our LEO`s & First Responders

Things not to say:

"We only kill black people"

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

[Original Post DELETED..]

Life`s too short for all the [stuff] people occupy themselves with these days.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    [Original Post DELETED..]

Life`s too short for all the [stuff] people occupy themselves with these days.
    Even I didn`t step into that one.....
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

If it was my post, the real story is you had someone terrified on the police but apologists will dismiss it the incident (why they were scared) and the comment made by the officer). It is just not some left wing plot.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bunky View Post
    If it was my post, the real story is you had someone terrified on the police but apologists will dismiss it the incident (why they were scared) and the comment made by the officer). It is just not some left wing plot.
    To believe it was more than a stupid comment, is to condemn a whole group of people for ones words/actions.

Yeah Al it is a plot. Thanks for being the proof of that.
    Likes House of Wax liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Just the opposite. If you do not weed out the bad ones, it will reflect badly on them all. Ignoring it is not going to solve anything.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

Every profession has dumb asses, just some professions are more in the spotlight or on camera more often. My old Sgt. told me once, "Never say anything that would embarrass your mother if she read it in the newspaper the next day". Pretty sound advice I think!
    Jay
    Likes Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Al, there are all kinds of people in the world and as a society we need to police ourselves. Unfortunately, my momma didn`t raise everyone but we need to condem and actively fight against racist behavior and all discrimination when we see it. Even if that deplorable behavior comes from a authority figure like in your example a police officer. It does not mean that all police officers share this one guys views. Just like one hack detailer does not make all Detailer’s hacks.

There are good and bad in every profession.

If you have a problem with law enforcement don`t call them, see how that works out for you ?
    Likes Ronkh, Never Enuff liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

JSFM35X , I do not disagree with anything you said. I never said all law enforcement are bad. I said it reflects badly on them all. We know many organizations with humans often have challenges (people do not usually turn co-workers in) so this ends up in the media more.

I am concerned that we cannot criticize Obama because it would reflect badly on all Presidents...8-)

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

Things not to say:

"We only kill black people"
    No offense but you have very poor hearing or you have a low EQ and can`t interpret sarcasm. If you listen, you can clearly hear him stating it in a manner that is sarcastic. His comment is clearly a direct shot at the media, reffering to situations only covered when it fits a narritive.

There is a narritive in the media (It`s a business and it makes them alot of $$$$), to break that and strictly report would cost them money not gain.

To Our LEO`s & First Responders-313.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Rupes 21 MK II, Rupes 15 MK II, Rupes 21, Rupes LHR75e, Rupes Duetto, Rupes Ibrid-L, Rupes LH18ENS, Flex PE-14-2, Dodo Juice V1

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    At $21.99 it will remain a secret to me.

Post Thanks / Like

JSFM35X , I do not disagree with anything you said. I never said all law enforcement are bad. I said it reflects badly on them all. We know many organizations with humans often have challenges (people do not usually turn co-workers in) so this ends up in the media more.

I am concerned that we cannot criticize Obama because it would reflect badly on all Presidents...8-)
    Funny, I never hear a critique about Obama, it may exist but the media surely loves to turn a blind eye. No one has a problem with critisism, if they do they are weak minded, the problem is with the left they love to turn a blind eye with one side and go hystirical about the other. There is a very clear and present bias today, I`m not right or left. I choose to side with the facts, when one side chooses to omit facts to push a certain narritive... that I have problem with.
    Rupes 21 MK II, Rupes 15 MK II, Rupes 21, Rupes LHR75e, Rupes Duetto, Rupes Ibrid-L, Rupes LH18ENS, Flex PE-14-2, Dodo Juice V1

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    At $21.99 it will remain a secret to me.
    Thanks Ronkh thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I appreciate sarcasm as much as the next guy, but it doesn`t always come across and in those cases it`s a FAIL...and that oughta be taken into account any time it`s employed. Bright folks ask themselves "how might this come across if taken completely out-of-context?" and proceed/don`t based on such considerations. IMO, people who aren`t that bright shouldn`t play with stuff like sarcasm; perfect example of "Play stupid games, win stupid prizes" and I expect better of people in certain professions. People (myself included! ) seldom know when to merely STFU.
    Likes The Driver liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

<--- shouldn`t play with sarcasm......

Actually if I were really bright, I wouldn`t play. (but liberals make it soooooo easy)

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    . Bright folks ask themselves "how might this come across if taken completely out-of-context?" and proceed/don`t based on such considerations. IMO, people who aren`t that bright shouldn`t play with stuff like sarcasm; perfect example of "Play stupid games, win stupid prizes" and I expect better of people in certain professions. People (myself included! ) seldom know when to merely STFU.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    Actually if I were really bright, I wouldn`t play. (but liberals make it soooooo easy)
    Maybe those who make it easy to succumb to that temptation are succeeding with their agendas "Get the [individual] to say something on-record that I can use.." I bet a LOT of stuff that sounds so awful in sound-bites is intentionally elicited, *baited*, for just that reason. No need to make it easy for `em

Wonder how [INSERT favorite villain HERE] would like it if nobody gave him/her any more attention. Zero traction. Zero witty responses. YOU. DON`T. EXIST. FOR. ME. Maybe they`d shrivel up and blow away...Back to my "don`t feed the monsters"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information