Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: gonna be a long weekend

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Ah, OK. Yeah, smart of her to get it to you right away. Wonder what wheels she`ll get...I`d go nuts dealing with the ones on it now.
    she`ll keep these now I bet. i just wish i had the setup to remove the wheels and do them properly. i have one crappy jack and its for emergency use only

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

Shoot me a txt if you change your mind Brandt. I`ll check in the AM early enough.
    Learning tips and tricks from fellow board members since 2009
    Likes 512detail liked this post
    Thanks 512detail thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Hard to tell what the stain is, but Vinegar I read works great on wheels for water spotting.

Heres a writeup....
    https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum...ter-spots.html

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by grungy View Post
    Shoot me a txt if you change your mind Brandt. I`ll check in the AM early enough.
    I really appreciate the offer, I just don`t have the time to add anything else to this job.

I haven`t touched the car since about 5pm today. I had to step away and I`ll start back at it tomorrow morning and grind to have it ready by my favorite picture time 530-630p.

I just walked into the garage,,,,the entire hood is the only thing done to the end of what my plans are and all I can say is...WOW and what a difference this car is going to be. I am actually pretty excited about this reveal tomorrow - especially for the owner. She traded in her Mopar for this ride because it was one of those (reasonable) dream car`s that she said if she ever got the chance to buy she just couldn`t pass it up.

Brandt K.
    Likes grungy, The Driver liked this post
    Thanks grungy thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Hah, gotta love that VW/Audi brake dust. I think after a week they would look terrible on my old Jetta. In reality it looks just as bad after a week on the GTI`s black wheels. Ugh!

Great work!
    2022 Toyota Tacoma TRD OR 4x4 6MT - 2023 Toyota Camry SE

Post Thanks / Like

I have similar staining on two wheels and, after trying the usual cleaners, a compound or two, and P21 polishing soap, I gave up, because the wheels are clear coated. I assumed the stain was under the clear coat. The Audi wheels must be clear coated as well. Right?

Post Thanks / Like

WaxAddict- It`s some kind of clear powdercoat on mine. It`s not "just paint". It can stand some minimal correction but not too much and if you cut too deeply it`ll be Refinish Time. Sometimes it does get stained so badly that the only fix is a refinish, it`s like the rust stains/etc. penetrate so deeply into the finish that you`ll hit aluminum before you fix it. Know when to say "when".

But...that`s just so rare IME. I`ve been driving these supposed German Brakedust Monsters for decades and they`re just not that hard to keep nice. By the time Accumulatorette gets back from a roadtrip her A8`s wheels are solid black, but it washes right off with no residual staining...easy peazey. Keep `em LSPed (or coated) and everything washes right off with shampoo mix.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 512detail View Post
    she`ll keep these now I bet. i just wish i had the setup to remove the wheels and do them properly. i have one crappy jack and its for emergency use only
    Oh man, you oughta get a pair of good jacks and some stands. I simply couldn`t detail without `em, sheesh...I couldn`t do a single wash of anything but the Tahoe.. and I`m not even a Pro! Heh heh, there I go again, trying to spend your money for ya

Post Thanks / Like

Oh man, you oughta get a pair of good jacks and some stands. I simply couldn`t detail without `em, sheesh...I couldn`t do a single wash of anything but the Tahoe.. and I`m not even a Pro! Heh heh, there I go again, trying to spend your money for ya
    I`m not a pro either....I`d really like some type of lift I could use. I told her when her husband gets back in town I`ll come over and we can take the wheels off and do the barrels

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

512Detail- I dunno...you seem awfully Professional about this stuff to me

Funny about the lift...I had one at my previous shop and basically *NEVER* used it when detailing. Decided to skip it when I built the current shop and don`t miss it except when doing the rare Serious Mechanical Work projects. For Detailing, I genuinely prefer the jacks + stands, but one of the Scissor Lifts might be nice if you can avoid floor damage.

IME, just getting both sides of the vehicle up in the air (so you can spin both wheels regardless of the differential) makes doing the barrels/etc. really easy.

Post Thanks / Like

I`m not a pro either....I`d really like some type of lift I could use. I told her when her husband gets back in town I`ll come over and we can take the wheels off and do the barrels
    You can borrow the equipment I have for that if you want.
    Thanks 512detail thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by grungy View Post
    You can borrow the equipment I have for that if you want.
    probably time I buy some for myself

what is a good brand?

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

512Detail- I dunno...you seem awfully Professional about this stuff to me

Funny about the lift...I had one at my previous shop and basically *NEVER* used it when detailing. Decided to skip it when I built the current shop and don`t miss it except when doing the rare Serious Mechanical Work projects. For Detailing, I genuinely prefer the jacks + stands, but one of the Scissor Lifts might be nice if you can avoid floor damage.

IME, just getting both sides of the vehicle up in the air (so you can spin both wheels regardless of the differential) makes doing the barrels/etc. really easy.
    to be honest not removing the wheels is one of the reasons I don`t consider myself a real pro..plus my shop is not professional grade/quality...yet..and kind of embarasses me

looking at a garage remodel with my day job christmas bonus

Brandt K.
    Likes grungy liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Harbor Freight is what I purchased for my infrequent use. Overkill for the car but safe for the SUV (3ton) + 2 jackstands. If you decide to remodel the garage, check with Rasky on which lift he got as it has been very popular with other detailers.

Edit - in time you will get more toys/tools to make detailing easier and faster.

Post Thanks / Like

to be honest not removing the wheels is one of the resons I don`t consider myself a real pro..plus my shop is not professional grade/quality...yet..and kind of embarasses me

looking at a garage remodel with my day job christmas bonus
    Can you make the garage longer so the truck will fit in the AIR CONDITIONED garage?????? Please
    Jay

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information