Post Thanks / Like

Town and country owners, read this

So today my wife`s radio was stolen from her 2016 town and country in broad daylight in her works parking lot (retail store). Thieves were in and out and gone in under a minute! Looking at the hole in the dashboard, I see that it was simply a clipped in bezel and 4 Phillips screws holding the radio in. A quick search on google confirmed it is as simple as pop the bezel off, remove the screws, disconnect the wiring and it`s out. I have a town and country of my own and was able to do it myself in about 2 minutes with a flat head and Phillips screwdriver (just confirming how easy it is).

So so just a heads up to you all of you happen to have one or know someone who does, you may want to consider what I will be doing with mine as well as my wife`s when we replace the radio. I`m going to swing by Home Depot and pickup some security screws and replace the simple Phillips screws with the security torx screws. If anything it will serve as a deterrent to a potential thief who may pop the bezel off and doesn`t have more than a Phillips screwdriver on hand.

from what the police told my wife, several town and country mini vans in our area were hit today by the same people. So thieves know this info and are targeting them. IMO chrysler really dropped the ball on the design of this. I`m actually shocked as to just how easy this $450 head unit can be taken out.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Town and country owners, read this

Almost every car on the planet has the same simple procedure to remove the factory radio. Most dashes remove with just a pry tool and the radios (some even have quick release clips) just unscrew. Ive been doing car audio professionally since 1996
    Don

1989 Formula 350
    2004 Saturn Ion Quadcoupe

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe locking the car is in order? You didn`t mention how they broke into the car, so I`m presuming they didn`t have to.

Post Thanks / Like

Vehicle Alarm ?

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

I`m just posting this to let anyone else know that thieves target these vans and to take some extra steps to protect yourself from it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneB View Post
    I`m just posting this to let anyone else know that thieves target these vans and to take some extra steps to protect yourself from it.
    It`s a sad world we live in. There are so many slime balls that want to take what you have worked for which requires you to spend money and/or inconvenience yourself for some kind of protection. There was a time when you did not have to lock your doors, sleep with closed windows etc. In my feeble mind the thieves, muggers, rapists etc. need to pay the equivalent price for the crime but it seems that if they are caught they get off pretty easy. These types do not want to have me catch them in the act as lead poisoning would likely occur if the Sheppard leaves enough behind.

Dave

Dave

Thread Information