Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleeding edge technology

This has been talked about ever since electric cars popped up on the new horizon. Possibly with new battery manufacturing techniques and the use of solar power in Tessa`s factories, maybe battery powered cars will be less polluting than gas powered versions. I don`t think there should be subsidies for any type of vehicle. (I drive a diesel). They should be a supply and demand item and not pushed on us by the government. The government needs to stick to fixing healthcare. Lol
    Likes Ronkh, trashmanssd liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I think that we need diesel hybrids that run the Koenigsegg FreeValve system, talk about efficiency, my guess is that a 40mpg diesel could go up to at least 57mpg.
    Likes rlmccarty2000 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

VW was really pushing the pro diesel marketing back in the mid 2000`s. I was intrigued by it but not likely to buy a VW. Seemed to have good potential, was surprised none of the other carmakers started offering it.

Post Thanks / Like

I wish that we were pro diesel (besides trucks) here in the states, the efficiency is worth the price of admission.
    Likes ShakingHorizons liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I had a 2006 VW Jetta Diesel and would get around 50 mpg. Now I`ve got a BMW diesel and I get close to 40 mpg. 4 cylinder vs a 6 cylinder. I`m getting 425 ft lbs of torque too. Nice!

Post Thanks / Like

One thing that really irks me are the "Zero Emissions" slogan and paper plates I see on Teslas here on many of their cars. They simply aren`t "Zero Emissions" -- they are "Elsewhere Emissions".

Much of our electricity still comes from fossil fuel plants that aren`t as clean as a modern internal combustion engine with a catalytic converter. Also, power plants at most times produce more power than is needed, meaning that fuel is burned to generate electricity that isn`t used and in most cases not stored.
    Likes trashmanssd, Ronkh, RaydiantDetail liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by `PRND[S
    ;2112649`]One thing that really irks me are the "Zero Emissions" slogan and paper plates I see on Teslas here on many of their cars. They simply aren`t "Zero Emissions" -- they are "Elsewhere Emissions".

Eyeball over substance.
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!
    Likes trashmanssd liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

On a related note, many "environmentalist" (tree-huggers) are promoting "human propulsion", either walking or bicycling as a mode of getting to-and-from Point A to Point B. While this may sound eco-friendly, humans emit their own "emissions" from sweat and, well, "by-products of digestion". It`s not exactly "zero emissions" either. Ask anyone who has worked with an associate who has consumed pickled eggs and beer the night before at a bar-and-bowling ally during bowling league games. Far worse than any "green house gases" known to man! (Must be a Wisconsin "phenomenon`) Just sayin`...
    GB detailer
    Likes Ronkh, RaydiantDetail liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I only buy free range, non GMO, organic, fair trade certified gasoline for BOTH my sub 20mpg vehicles...
    Likes Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Swanicyouth View Post
    I only buy free range, non GMO, organic, fair trade certified gasoline for BOTH my sub 20mpg vehicles...
    But is it gluten free?

Post Thanks / Like

Noting that my most fuel-efficient vehicle is probably the Crown Vic....

I`m confused, are people hating on Tesla and/or their owners? The Tesla owners I`ve talked to weren`t all "I`m not polluting!" or anything, but rather just "I have a fast/cool car that I like" and that`s it. They sound the same as the [pick your exotic] owners. If anything, they want to half-seriously gripe about the range/charging just like the [exotic] owners do about the various costs/hassles of their toys.

My neighbor`s daughter has one of those little Bimmer..what? i3 maybe...whatever-it-is (hybrid? electro? I dunno from `em) and she`s no environmentalist nutcase at all, she just likes it (for some unfathomable reason).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Noting that my most fuel-efficient vehicle is probably the Crown Vic....

I`m confused, are people hating on Tesla and/or their owners? The Tesla owners I`ve talked to weren`t all "I`m not polluting!" or anything, but rather just "I have a fast/cool car that I like" and that`s it. They sound the same as the [pick your exotic] owners. If anything, they want to half-seriously gripe about the range/charging just like the [exotic] owners do about the various costs/hassles of their toys.

My neighbor`s daughter has one of those little Bimmer..what? i3 maybe...whatever-it-is (hybrid? electro? I dunno from `em) and she`s no environmentalist nutcase at all, she just likes it (for some unfathomable reason).
    I`m hatin on em cuz they get preferential parking, free charging, and technology, all subsidized by us.

Post Thanks / Like

Ronkh- Eh, I *kinda* go along with the parking, though I`ve parked my S8 in an electric-only spot without problems (bad Accumulator, bad!) otherwise I can`t get worked up about it enough to care. I figure some fast cars and good tech will come out of the whole thing, which is more than I see in a whole lotta govt., uhm...involvement [to put it nicely]. Wouldn`t take away their Teslas or slam `em for buying one at least.

But OK...yeah, about govt. subsidies of *any* business, I can go all theoretical myself! When I`m running the country we`ll be on a Rand-style system, and talk about limited govt.! Until then I gotta pick my, uhm...interest/concern expenditures

EDIT: Heh heh, ya suckered me into another of those Politics threads, huh? Note to self...

Post Thanks / Like

Driver the Tesla and its fast. If I didn`t need to drive out of town I`d seriously consider it. Over time the charger sites will be more available or someone will build a harder case of it. Lol.

My wife did not like the big iPad console. She`s a bit tech averse and since she struggles keeping her iphone charged I didn`t think an electric vehicle would be right for her.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information