Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Can`t upload pictures to the forum?

I thought at one time we needed the gallery to host pictures if we didn`t host offsite. But apparently the gallery really isn`t needed anymore. I found the little insert picture icon and that worked for me. I was just concerned that if I deleted or moved the photo off my laptop that I inserted them from that the photos would be lost on here. That does not appear to be the case. I would gather we don`t need the gallery to host pictures like I thought.

As far as the gallery goes I can add an album but it won`t let me upload to it. Same problem as "The Guz" mentioned. I even tried to delete pictures and/or albums to free up some server space but it doesn`t accept the delete command.

Since the insert photo icon works I wouldn`t worry about the gallery unless there are other users that use it. It appears it hasn`t been working since last year so I don`t think anyone really misses it.
    Dean.
    Likes Liz@Autopia liked this post
    Thanks Liz@Autopia thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Can`t upload pictures to the forum?

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Liz here is my process in uploading a photos into the gallery. Same method on both sites.

I first resize my photos to meet the size criteria. I then create an album or upload into an existing album. Click on Browse and find the photo I want to upload. Then click upload and submit. I am then prompted with a Security Window that states

The information you have entered on this page will be sent over an insecure connection and could be read by a third party. Are you sure you want to send this information? Continue or Cancel.

If I click continue it appears to upload the image but it takes me right back to image upload area with no image uploaded.

I am using Firefox most of the time. Google Chrome does the same thing without the security prompt.

I can upload images with tapatalk without any issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    The gallery has been having issues for quite sometime now. But that is what I use to host my images.
    Exact same thing going on for me, except the gallery has never worked for me since my account here was created. I too use the gallery to host my images and don`t do it often enough to host elsewhere. I haven`t tried to link from my Google Photos storage and, quite frankly, don`t want to.

I primarily use Chrome on a Win10 machine (not that it OS should matter). I too get the same results whether on Chrome or Firefox. I attempted to upload some photos tonight. I have images of various sizes, some of which I have uploaded to AG in the past, and nothing works. I haven`t even bothered to us IE or Edge as I`ll never use those browsers willingly.

I can upload photos via Tapatalk, but I hate trying to type out meaningful posts on my phone. I much rather use a keyboard on real laptop/computer.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information