Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Looking for feedback on new car purchase

Quote Originally Posted by ShakingHorizons View Post
    Pictures don`t work
    Thank you. I don`t get why it taunts me and shows them on my computer, but doesn`t work elsewhere. Let`s try again:
    Looking for feedback on new car purchase-crud.jpg
    Looking for feedback on new car purchase-clean.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

10-15k oil changes are silly. I`m doing 5k changes religiously, after changing the factory oil and filter out at 1400 miles. You can get a plug and filter from the dealer less than $15 and a jug of Castrol Edge 0w40 at Walmart for $25... Something about turbocharged direct injection and extended oil changes doesn`t work for me.
    2022 Toyota Tacoma TRD OR 4x4 6MT - 2023 Toyota Camry SE
    Likes Oneheadlite, trashmanssd liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

JSFM35X- I just hope you get *her* input on the specific vehicles before you decide. Never know what another person will/won`t like, you just don`t.

FWIW, I`m only experienced with newer Audis, and those through Service Loaners. But those cars are utterly hit-or-miss with regard to all sorts of, uhm..."modern features and technology". E.g., one will have great throttle response, another identical one will have a time-delay that makes it scary to drive, etc. etc. about every single thing that`s not 100% mechanical (and so little is these days).

Make sure she has plenty of seat-time in the specific vehicle in question before she makes up her mind.

I assume you have OK service facilities for everything on the short-list; we drive Audis in large part because we can get `em serviced by people we`re OK with (that was why we dumped our Benzes and Volvos). Like "don`t touch the paint" means exactly that, period.

Post Thanks / Like

They don`t have the 535 any more it`s a 530 or a 540 or a 550

QUOTE=Ronkh;2109985]535xi (bigger than the 4)

Loved my 3s & 5s[/QUOTE]

Post Thanks / Like

May be off on the lexus numbers because i have not visited the dealer yet. Your comments are pretty on target.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMeanGreen View Post
    First question, Lexus GS400? If so, that was a `98-`00 model for the US. If you mean GS350 or GS450h, then those are two of the current GS`s offered by Lexus, which will for sure cost the least to maintain outside of warranty. Most comfortable seats go to the Lexus, and they have the quietest seat ventilation fans on market. The cars themselves drive nicely, but they don`t make driving feel like a special event like the German`s do.

Having personally driven all of the platforms, except the S90, and money is no object outside of warranty, I`d go for the 5 series hands down. I like to sit very low in a vehicle as it makes me feel more integral to the driving experience. Out of all of those cars, I sit lowest in the 5 Series. Personally and realistically, BMW has the most intuitive infotainment system. Audi uses reverse functions like their selector dial, to scroll up to down you have to twist the dial counter-clockwise, which no matter how much you use it, is still counterintuitive. BMW has the best screen quality and image resolution in their iDrive system, there is no lag in the rear view camera system and the system always responds to commands. My next favorite infotainment system would be the Lexus`, why? Because it works. (Their newest system only offered in the RX line up, as of now, is killer, it`s a super strong contender to iDrive).

If driving experience does not matter, all are great cars. Unfortunately, in this current era, all the vehicles are so similar and offer the same options. Except the S90, that is a new breed of vehicle, it has AMAZING crash worthiness, not to mention that I am in love with the V90.... All she needs to do is pick which one she likes to drive and looks the best to her.

Post Thanks / Like

540 is what I would pick not sure she needs the extra HP.

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    I don`t have any of the cars listed but the 5 series BMW would be my pick. My next car will probably be a used 535d. The diesel variant has got great torque and still get very good gas mileage. Your wife would probably prefer the new 540i though. Not too small, not too big, just right.

Post Thanks / Like

The drives will start next week. So far the Audis looked nice as did the Volvo.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike lambert View Post
    All my clients that have had BMW or Mercedes have gone to Audi and say they will never go back. Lexus IS nice but everyone drives the same, no personality. Just did a s90, very nice car but I`m not sold on styling.

Post Thanks / Like

7series is out bc it is too much $. The MB I like are also out of my price range.

Quote Originally Posted by NLove View Post
    Life is funny sometimes, I have heard\seen somewhat of the opposite. My friends and people that I work with haven`t had good luck with their Audi`s, they have had a lot of shop visits. I personally haven`t owned one so I can`t say from experience. I love the look of the 7 series. At the end of the day I am a car person and my likes tend to lean towards the European and German cars.

I have a 2014 Mercedes E350 and the fit and finish is amazing, it has been in the shop twice in 3 years (Besides Maintenance). Once for a computer upgrade and once for a blind spot sensor that was intermittent, there was a small part of the wire that was exposed and causing false alerts which would have probably happened when the car was being built. The resale value also seems to be good. Maintenance costs are spendy though.

Out of that list my input would be a 535 Xi like Ron mentioned. I like to add an extended warranty on my cars so I can keep them for a while without having repair bills, if nothing else it gives me a piece of mind.

Post Thanks / Like

Visited the audi dealer did not drive anything. The A5 sportback has the all new interior instrument pack and it really kool looking. Not sure how functional it is. The back seat is tight if I`m driving. I`m just shy of 6`3". The A6 is a bteer size for me but the interior looks dated to me. And for all that $ there is so much in the way of comfort and convenience missing on the top teir of these cars that is in my Infiniti. Electric tilt and telescopic wheel. Cooled seats. Front facing camera. Apple car play is 300 extra and it`s built into every level of Infiniti.

I really liked the Volvo. If I get it I`ll get the 18" or 19" wheels for the wife but for me I`d get the 20". I just don`t want her stuck if a rim gets bent. Super nice looking car in the inscription trim

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jsfm35x View Post
    they don`t have the 535 any more it`s a 530 or a 540 or a 550

quote=ronkh;2109985]535xi (bigger than the 4)

loved my 3s & 5s
    [/quote]

550 :d
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Lexus GS350,

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information