Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: cell phones

Post Thanks / Like

Re: cell phones

I`m not really worried about the screen on this one. It`s been like this for months now and hasn`t gotten any worse and when the screen is lit up you can`t even tell the cracks are there.

I was more reflecting on how far phones have come and where they`re going. For the longest time the smartphone`s capabilities and speed grew by leaps and bounds to where at the end of your 2 year contract (and really a lot of times after a year or year and a half) you were making a big upgrade by updating to the latest phone. I feel like now, they`ve gotten so good that any "new" thing or hardware upgrade just isn`t worth sinking a bunch of money into. Honestly I`m probably going to just hold onto what I have until it dies.
    www.facebook.com/houseofwaxdetailing
    Likes trashmanssd liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

My wife keeps buying me "the latest and the greatest" iPhones. Phones don`t excite me. I`ve got a 7plus now and it`s nice but I`m just not into phones. I imagine she will get me the new 8 when it comes out, but I think I would be happy with this phone for years. After all phones are pretty much phones, right?

Post Thanks / Like

Heh heh, I`m still using my (third ever) flip-phone...think I turned it on twice so far this year, which is a lot for me in only four months. AFAIK, Accumulatorette and I are the only people we know who don`t have smartphones
    Likes Never Enuff liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Accumulator, now you sort of know another one. My unsmart phone is about 14 years old, wouldn`t know a photograph from a spectograph, and only comes off the charger about twice per year and I use fewer than 20 minutes per year - $10.70 with T-Mobile. Nobody, including me, knows my c-phone number but that sucker has one fine charge.

Post Thanks / Like

Believe it or not up till this day I still have not ever owned a cell phone.
    Likes Tc99m liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

bigfish, you are my idol.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by E-Jag View Post
    Accumulator, now you sort of know another one...
    Heh heh, well...that makes two of us

My unsmart phone is about 14 years old, wouldn`t know a photograph from a spectograph..
    Huh, wonder how old mine is? My previous one wouldn`t work on today`s sytems, otherwise I`d still have it.

Sounds like you and I are about the same on this...except that I know our numbers (if only because I`ve had them since the days when cell phones were pretty rare, not sure whether Accumulatorette knows either hers or mine though).

And yeah...love the battery life of those old-tech ones. Hers is a bit newer (wanted her to have camera function for security purposes) and its battery is lousy by comparison.

Post Thanks / Like

my father in law finally gave up his flip phone that he`s had for an eternity a couple months ago haha. I think he`s enjoying it more than he thought he would.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by E-Jag View Post
    bigfish, you are my idol.
    There have been times when I could have used one but so far so good. I can understand if you have kids or own a business but since I don`t have either I can do without one at least for the time being.

Post Thanks / Like

How many of you still have home phones? I got rid of mine as soon as I got a cell phone. My Mother, who is 80, still has a home phone and has been asking me if she "needs" a cell phone like all of her friends. I tell her she doesn`t "need" a cell phone and that they are a convenience. But she is paying $67 a month for home service, which sounds high to me.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a couple of home phones. Wouldn`t consider getting rid of them.

Post Thanks / Like

iPhone plus Apple care for tbe win.

I`d reccommend the apple battery case and your good to go.

They just work and no issues with ms exchange.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    How many of you still have home phones? I got rid of mine as soon as I got a cell phone. My Mother, who is 80, still has a home phone and has been asking me if she "needs" a cell phone like all of her friends. I tell her she doesn`t "need" a cell phone and that they are a convenience. But she is paying $67 a month for home service, which sounds high to me.
    My parents still have a home phone but one of my brothers got them magic jack (thing used to see on tv years ago) that makes it like $35 bucks a year now. Keeps the same phone number etc. Not a huge cost if you want a home phone still.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks rlmccarty2000 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I would consider an internet phone to be the least reliable when you need a phone. The cell phone and the traditional land line are fair more reliable.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    We cast out, our home phone years ago. However, we do use Bluetooth phones in the house. So If I leave my cell in the car. Then someone calls, my "house phone" rings. We can hook up to 4 Cell phones to the "house phone". I must say it is convenient.
    Thanks rlmccarty2000 thanked for this post

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information