Quote Originally Posted by jatleson View Post
Really? I thought Subaru`s were pretty bulletproof. Bought it new in `99 traded it in with a 170,000 miles in 2012. Regular service stuff and always ran like a champ. Miss it because that was the car the girls washed while I worked on the M Roadster.
Yeah, that`s what everybody says...well, everybody but Yours Truly Both of mine, bought new, were utter POS that spent forever at the dealership for fixes I`d take for granted on any other vehicle (the Outback sat there for ages until they finally tried my "just replace the [freakin`] Pressure Plate, it`s got a defective one! Which did indeed solve the clutch pedal problem); I sold the WRX with the CEL still illuminated and the battery once again near-death after simply tiring of dealing with such [stuff] all the time....but at least it was running OK at that moment (short window of opportunity for a sale, and I sold it to a dealer so I wouldn`t feel guilty).

I do appreciate Subies, just somehow got two lemons in a row and my local Subaru dealerships are utterly clueless.