Page 1 of 107 12345678910111213141551101 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

The Unofficial *Official* Politics Thread

I know a lot of people here despise political talk. I`m starting a dedicated thread for it to keep it separate from any other topics to save those that don`t want to read through it.
    www.facebook.com/houseofwaxdetailing
    Likes trashmanssd, Migue liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

re: The Unofficial *Official* Politics Thread

Post Thanks / Like

Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!
    Likes trashmanssd, House of Wax, Bindytou liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Bush`s, Obama`s or Trump`s fault ?

Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!
    Likes House of Wax liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by House of Wax View Post
    I know a lot of people here despise political talk. I`m starting a dedicated thread for it to .. save those that don`t want...
    Heh heh, Note to Self...

Post Thanks / Like

I`m a little concerned about some of Trumps latest moves, such as the Federal hiring freeze. I know he exempted some agencies, but one was not the VA. The VA always has a doctor shortage and demand way outstrips supply. Trump said he was going to help Veterans but I don`t see this helping Vets. When you do an across the board freeze instead of a line by line thorough job you wind up hurting people that need help. I agree the government is too big, but you have to be careful where you cut and how you do it.

Trumps gag gag order on the EPA. I don`t get it. Why is informing the public a bad idea. I see (unfortunately) an already lack of trust of government getting worse under Trump.

Trump continues to push for his stupid wall. Eisenhower built roads to connect people. Stalin built a wall to separate people. Can`t he build an imaginary wall in his head and be done with it? I think this is a true monument to stupidity. The Great Wall of Trump keeping out the hoards of invading Latinos. Absurd and a waste of our money.

Faux-facts or whatever they are being called today are lies. Call a spade a spade. This administration has a problem with the truth. Politicians lie, but wasn`t Trump supposed to "drain the swamp" and remove the liars (Hillary)? We need to get in touch with the truth. Go ahead and admit the election was not rigged. Tell people that Hillary will never go to jail. Admit that Trump University was a scheme to take people`s money. What I am asking is for Trump to come clean and start over. America loves a good apology.

I don`t want Trump to fail. God no. I want him to succeed and be put on Mount Rushmore. If someone wants him to fail they don`t know what they are asking for. I remember Nixon and his impeachment was a truly sad moment in American history. It makes all of America look bad. Trump needs to cut ties with all of his business ventures and do the job for which he was elected. I think he has enough money anyway. He is no longer a business man or a reality "star", he is now President of the United States and needs to act that way and quit preening for the cameras.
    Likes Angus, xspwrstang, BudgetPlan1 liked this post
    Dislikes Waxmaster disliked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Heh heh, Note to Self...
    I did it for you bud....hehe, just messin with ya. A lot of people get really wound up and hate seeing the discussion....this should remove that issue as everybody knows exactly what`s being discussed in this thread. If anyone decides to come on in, that`s on them
    Likes xspwrstang liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I agree on the VA. That should be high priority to clean up. If these politicians have the stones to send our men and women into war, they need to be sure to take care of them afterwards.
    Likes trashmanssd liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Unofficial *Official* Politics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by House of Wax View Post
    I agree on the VA. That should be high priority to clean up. If these politicians have the stones to send our men and women into war, they need to be sure to take care of them afterwards.
    Very similar to broken toys. They are played with then tossed away.
    Likes DaveT435 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    Very similar to broken toys. They are played with then tossed away.
    being a vet, what do you feel is the best way to fix the VA?

Post Thanks / Like

The VA is so large I do not believe it can be fixed. I have written my senators and congressmen and told them that the best way to move forward is by using a credit card system. Give Vets an unlimited policy to get theirselves fixed. It would be costly and there would be misuse, but Veterans would be able to get help. My wife uses Tricare which allows her to go to any doctor and get any medication (that is on a list) that she is prescribed. WOW! Can I get that? NO! Give me Tricare and make my wife go to the VA for care, lol. I just want to choose my own doctors, like most Americans. We get bottom of the barrel doctors that can`t get jobs anywhere else (for the most part). A credit card would allow Vets that don`t live in a town with a VA hospital to get care, too easy.

There are exceptions and I can see keeping some MAJOR hospitals open, but only a very few. Maybe 4-5. The VA is made up of civilians living off of the federal government. Duplication of effort is outrageous. Oh, the new VA director will be the first one that never served in the military, to me that is a step backwards. Give Veterans more control. If you don`t like your doctor you go find another. If I don`t like my doctor I get no care.

Fix the VA by dismantling the beast.
    Likes House of Wax, trashmanssd liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Seems logical. Even if it isn`t a credit card, at least put em on like a regular civilian medical plan

Post Thanks / Like

I really do wonder if it would be more cost effective closing the VA medical stuff, and just paying for regular Dr`s/hosps/meds.
    Likes trashmanssd, rlmccarty2000 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    I really do wonder if it would be more cost effective closing the VA medical stuff, and just paying for regular Dr`s/hosps/meds.
    At this point with national health care were people who pay or did nothing get better care then vets and there family`s I would say that may be the best thing. phase out VA hospitals or turn them over to private sector. Give vets the same health care as they are getting atleast they will have choices
    Likes Ronkh, House of Wax, rlmccarty2000 liked this post
    Thanks Ronkh thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Too many civilian job losses and many cities feed off of VA hospitals. It is kind of like BRAC (Base Realignment and Closure) where everyone is for closing bases just as long as they are in someone else`s state. We need to close more bases in the US and overseas. All I heard from both Trump and Hillary was how they wanted to increase the size of the military, what a waste.

Page 1 of 107 12345678910111213141551101 ... LastLast

Thread Information