Page 104 of 107 FirstFirst ... 45490919293949596979899100101102103104105106107 LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 1596
    TTQ B4U
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Unofficial *Official* Politics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    I spent a year in Central America and when I got out of the military I went to Honduras and lived there for 9 years, so I know a little about how things are in those countries. El Salvador is the worst run of any country down there and that is saying a lot. The US has meddled in Central America forever so we just can’t distance ourselves from them and say it’s their fault their country is in such a mess. Our government supports whoever we think will bow down to us. Then when a dictator or puppet president does something wrong we try to distance ourselves from the country. We trained El Salvadoran death squads at FT. Benning, GA when I was there. We pushed Honduras into a “democratic “ type of government and now gangs rule the country. We have started wars down there and take no responsibility for them. It amazes me that, for the most part, the people of Central America still like us. I’m not so sure if another country had meddled in our affairs like we have done in theirs if I would forgive them. Trump calls them S—-hole countries, but the US has had a hand in making them that way.
    I`m well aware of the history there and agree that we had our fair share in creating the situation there. FFWD to today however, that doesn`t mean we own the responsibility of caring for the masses of those countries. Many of the countries in this world are indeed Sh-hole places. He`s not wrong. And we as a society in 2018 are not living in the same America that existing in the 1800`s, 1920 or even the 1950`s. This is today and we do need to keep the finger on the pulse of who we are letting in here and why. I firmly back an merit based system.
    2018 Midnight Black Metallic AWD Infiniti Q50S Red Sport 400 | Burger MS JB4
    2018 Ruby Red Metallic AWD Lincoln MK-C Reserve | 2.3l EcoBoost - Wife`s
    Likes Stokdgs, House of Wax liked this post
    Thanks House of Wax thanked for this post

TTQ B4U
    Post Thanks / Like

I do have a problem with insulting our allies like Canada over dairy and claiming “national security “ issues. There is a difference. I also do not think the president should have the power to put tariffs in place. It’s just too much responsibility for one person. Someone said enjoy your tax break, the upcoming increases on consumer goods will wipe out that tax break quickly.
    I wouldn`t get too bent about insulting another leader. The boy up north isn`t a boy, he`s an adult and I`m sure has thick skin. He also knows too well that we do have a trade imbalance with Canada. Overall, there`s a surplus but it`s only due to services. On goods there`s a deficit and making that number closer to ZERO is called fair. What Trump called everyone out on is to keep the trade deals fair so we AMERICA are not living in a deficit situation on any one front. If they have a problem with that then THEY are only having a problem because they don`t like that he`s holding them accountable and asking them to play FAIR.

The Tarriff talk is really just a negotiation to bring things into parity. Sure, in some cases it may mean higher costs for some things. Growing up in 2018 is pretty good seeing how many families have HUGE TV`s and iPads. Looking back to the 70`s and 80`s how many families had HUGE TV`s and Atari`s, etc......we are really living the dream today and paying the price for it. The consumers have it pretty good but at the cost of living in a country that has pretty much sold out it`s nation and is now so dang dependent on others that they are letting countries like China buy up our debt and as a result have HUGE Leverage over us that they didn`t have before.

Time for some better decision making for sure and if the greatest issue he has is calling someone a name, I`m fine with that. if they don`t have the character to take it in stride and stay focused on the actual problem then the ride for them isn`t going to be a smooth one.

FWIW, I`m not necessarily a "trump" fan but I do support a lot of his policies and in general the America First plan. It`s way way way way past time that we get our house in order and spend more of our resources managing our issues vs everyone elses.
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

And if this was a real life picture, it would show President Trump bending down and picking up the little girl, attending to her needs, and hugging her..
    Just like you or I would do..

Not so sure the people who had this done for Time would do the same.. Cant stop trying to make the President look bad..

Even though a long list of Democrats including Presidents, all slammed illegal immigration for years (and did nothing about it), yet no one wants to remember that or bring that up again...
    Dan F
    Likes pdqgp liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

So sad to just hear on Fox News that Dr. Charles Krauthammer just passed away..
    If you ever heard him speak on any subject, you would know that no one on this planet was like him, and the world will surely miss him..
    His life story is truly amazing.. He was 68 years old..
    Prayers of Faith and Gratitude for him and his family..
    Dan F
    Likes pdqgp liked this post

TTQ B4U
    Post Thanks / Like

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Stokdgs View Post
    And if this was a real life picture, it would show President Trump bending down and picking up the little girl, attending to her needs, and hugging her..
    Just like you or I would do..

Not so sure the people who had this done for Time would do the same.. Cant stop trying to make the President look bad..
    Dan, I`m with you. It`s clear that there are MANY folks over the past few weeks that don`t realize which administration created and signed-off on the policy they are trying to pin on Trump. It`s actually very sad that there are so many mis-informed voters out there. It actually 100% reinforces the accuracy of Trump`s FAKE NEWS Comments.

Where was all the outrage from the Dems when the kids were actually being held in cages under the previous administration? Oh wait....

Perhaps they should do what Obama said years ago....put in place a LEGAL ENTRY and ACCOUNTABLE immigration system. Sorry folks, if that little girl represents an illegal alien child, then shame on her parents for not following the rules and resection our laws and disrespecting their own kid in such a way that they put them in a position of being detained. None of this is happening TO THEM, it`s happening BECAUSE of them and their poor choices.

Post Thanks / Like

Whoooops:

Honduran father who became the face of the child separation crisis

www.facebook.com/houseofwaxdetailing
    Thanks rlmccarty2000, Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

If what the Father of the child said is true, then the child should be returned to Honduras. It is illegal to take children across international borders without the consent of both parents. It amounts to kidnapping.

Ive made the drive from the US to Honduras and I have a hard time wrapping my head around walking from Honduras to the US. It’s amazing what people can do when they set their minds to it. Maybe we need some of these people. Maybe we could trade some of our useless US citizens. Lol.

Even illegal immigrants are due due process. I don’t think anyone believes that “catch and release” is a good policy, but removing children from their parents is also not the right policy. I’ve heard it takes 6-9 months to process an amnesty claim. I don’t know if it is even possible to process claims any faster. It sounds like we either have to believe them or just send them back to where they came from. I would not like the job of deciding whether or not to send someone back to their country where they will be killed. It’s a bad situation. I would take a look at how much aid we are sending countries where the illegals are originating and cut it based on the number of illegals we get from that country. I never been a proponent of foreign aid anyway.

If we make it a severe penalty to hire illegal aliens then our immigration policy might work better. Illegal aliens are used by companies because they are as close to slave labor as you can get in this country. Where I live there is only one company (that I know of) that does not hire illegals (Post). Everyone knows that illegals are working in the factories here but the costs outweigh the penalties. The illegals go through an employment agency and companies request illegals specifically. The employment company gets their 1st month wages for getting these employees and gets a kickback from the employer. If these companies were fined or the CEOs were jailed this would stop, then we would not need a damn wall. Why do most illegals come here? For a job that pays a living wage. Take away this and you take away the reason to enter the US illegally.

It will take people way smarter than me to fix this problem, but after living in Germany and watching one wall fall I sure would hate to live to see a wall built here in the land of the free.

Post Thanks / Like

It will take people way smarter than me to fix this problem, but after living in Germany and watching one wall fall I sure would hate to live to see a wall built here in the land of the free.
    Wow, that choked me up reading that. Remember that day? What a difference 30 years makes. Thanks for pointing out the dichotomy/hypocrisy.
    Thanks rlmccarty2000 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    Wow, that choked me up reading that. Remember that day? What a difference 30 years makes. Thanks for pointing out the dichotomy/hypocrisy.
    I remember it like it was yesterday. I was a young lieutenant in Auschauffenburg and people were already gathering at the Berlin Wall. I couldn’t go, but I gave out passes to some of my platoon that wanted to go and see history. One of my guys brought me back a piece (which I lost) of the wall. We felt like we had something to do with it coming down, we were proud. It was an uplifting time. I never thought our country would be part of something that evil. I saw both of the immigration reform bills include money for wall construction. $25,000,000,000 is a lot of money, not counting the maintenance. Also my years working with contractors tells me that “due to cost overruns” $25 Billion will just be the start for what I see as a vanity project. Detention centers and building walls is something we are supposed to fight, not support.

TTQ B4U
    Post Thanks / Like

There are no comparisons on the purpose of the border wall Trump is proposing and the Berlin wall. The latter was built to contain people and prevent them from escaping the communist rule in East Germany. Ours isn`t being proposed to keep people in our country but to prevent illegal crossing of people and contraband into our country.

Having a border is NOT a bad or evil thing. We need controlled access and should not be free to openly allowing just anyone unfettered access to our society. Controls and costs are put in place for a reason and that`s the entire purpose of having a governed society. The wall wouldn`t be necessary if people south of the border respected our system and followed the rules. Again, what happens to them when they break the rules and enter illegal is due to their actions not ours and we should not feel guilty or responsible for that. That is on them. Our policies need to cap the numbers even on those seeking asylum. at the end of the day, we are about 3rd or 4th on the list of countries whom many of these people have passed through, let the others rule on giving it to them as they too need to be held accountable.

The two year old girl in that photo was never actually separated from her family. That is completely bull-pucky and those that pull up the details of that case would know that. TIME Magazine is just putting forth more inaccurate information. That entire matter also had no connection to Trump. Most all of the photos circulating occurred under Obamafail`s administration not under the current administration. Ironically NONE Of the politicians on the left spoke up then either. Talk about hypocrisy; that`s the real hypocrisy. Also, look at the children who were separated, 70%+ come to the US Border without their parents so their "separation" occured at the hands OF THE PARENTS not our Immigration system and it`s officers. Again more facts being ignored but thankfully not by all.

We are also not the only ones
    who practice this policy.

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe for some it can be summed up as "I really don`t care, do U?"

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bunky View Post
    Referring to the First Lady`s jacket are you?

Thinking back on all the absolute evil things said about her AND her son, by sick individuals, perhaps that is her way of dealing with THEM???????

Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

I turned back the clock....

Thinking back on all the absolute evil things said about Obama, by sick individuals, perhaps that is his way of dealing with THEM???????

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bunky View Post
    Talk about bad optics. This is a woman that wears the best and she chooses a $39 jacket with that on it? It leaves us to think the worst about her. She should have just stayed home for all the good that came out of her visit.

Page 104 of 107 FirstFirst ... 45490919293949596979899100101102103104105106107 LastLast

Thread Information