Page 72 of 107 FirstFirst ... 225859606162636465666768697071727374757677787980818283848586 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 1596
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Unofficial *Official* Politics Thread

Wow. Armed school resource officer failed to do anything even though he knew what was happening:

https://twitter.com/MarcACaputo/stat...0%7Ctwterm%5E1

So, we`ve got arguably 39 visits to the home, 2 reports to the FBI including him specifically saying he wanted to be a school shooter, the person that took him in reporting he had put a gun to someone`s head before, the school`s camera feed 20-30 minutes behind leaving the cops not knowing where he was at, and now the one security person at the school refusing to respond for 4+ minutes. But somehow it`s the NRA, the gun itself, and responsible gun owner`s fault...... got it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    www.facebook.com/houseofwaxdetailing
    Likes Ronkh, trashmanssd, Stokdgs liked this post
    Thanks Ronkh thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Typically I do not care to debate nor get involved in anything religious and/or political.

With that said, if we want to fix this problem should we not first identify the problem? Many tell me the problem is "violence with guns" but "violence" is a symptom, not the actual sickness. I can be angry and have no action to violence. I am a huge supporter of the economy thru the purchasing of guns, knives, ammo and gear and there are millions more like me yet why are there not more gun deaths and gun related crimes?

An estimated 300 million guns in the United States alone, far more than any other country in the world yet America ranks, if I remember correctly, 11th in mass shootings, Norway is ranked 1st. So how can it be stated that America has a violence problem and that no other country in the world has these types of mass shootings? The answer is, THE NEWS! Yes, I just went there, blame it on the "MEDIA" but please read on and allow me to expound.

How many shootings happen every day? Now ask yourself how many of those are bad people with guns vs good people with guns? This is not an easy thing to find out cause it`s hard to find a NON-BIAS or NON-POLITICAL slant used to come to those numbers. Trust me I have looked. So for sake of argument let`s say there are 100,000 total use of gun incidents recorded to law enforcement. Let`s now split that down the middle, 500,000 bad guy uses and 500,000 good guy uses. Now be honest and ask yourself,

"What % will the news report on?"

Here`s a hint. Bad news sells. If not there would be all good news on TV, yet turn TV on and there is nothing but rape, murder, fires, shootings, etc. So after 45 minutes of bad news, we get 3 minutes of weather and a 1 minute story about a kitten saved by firemen, but hey, at least they leave us on a positive note!

So here is my hint for the news people and how they can help the populace gain a leg up on this problem...stop looking for the bad news stories! I know news caster/producers in my town and they will take a report on a fatal car accident or some racial division story over a little old lady being helped with a flat tire during rush hour every single damn time!

Now let`s get into the home. STOP having kids and then getting a divorce because one spouse thinks the grass is greener on the other side! The family unit is broke and in distress. Have at least ONE meal together! Dinner is best. In my family we did not have breakfast or lunch but damn it we sat down for dinner every night. No phones, no TV, just us. We talked about our days, talked about whats going on in the world, our city and what we want to do. My kids are all older now but I so cherish those times. Teach kids about the value of life!

Here is my advise to the players in the political land mine fields....if you all put as much time, energy and money into uniting us as you did dividing us think of all the things we could get done!! Since when did late night TV become a source of news? Also, if I had done a fraction of what many of these politicians have done I would be in federal prison for years. So let`s stop pretending there is not a class division people. It`s just not the one most think it is, rather it`s people are just too damn connected, above the law, to have any consequences for their actions. When a politician does get caught they still get their full pension and are asked to please resign. That`s just pure BS!

Here is my advise, for what it`s worth, to younger adults and parents of today who cry, moan, get triggered and offended at every little thing they disagree with. Parents or adults do not want to engage with problems or issues for the most part because that would take effort, focus and attention. Just better to get rid of the problem, toss it, hit the DELETE button and let`s get back to my Facebook feed so I can truly engage with people, heart to heart!

In closing, guns cannot be taken away. You`ll never rid America of its guns. If anyone thinks that guns will reduce violence they are idiots. Sure, no guns may mean no gun violence but there will still be violence. Violence with hands, feet, sticks, knives, acid, bombs, trucks, etc. So the "problem" is not guns but rather the violence that uses that gun or (insert weapon of choice).

Anthony
    "The Art & Science of Auto Detail"
    Thanks House of Wax, Ronkh, GearHead_1, Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony O. View Post
    Typically I do not care to debate nor get involved in anything religious and/or political.

With that said, if we want to fix this problem should we not first identify the problem? Many tell me the problem is "violence with guns" but "violence" is a symptom, not the actual sickness. I can be angry and have no action to violence. I am a huge supporter of the economy thru the purchasing of guns, knives, ammo and gear and there are millions more like me yet why are there not more gun deaths and gun related crimes?

An estimated 300 million guns in the United States alone, far more than any other country in the world yet America ranks, if I remember correctly, 11th in mass shootings, Norway is ranked 1st. So how can it be stated that America has a violence problem and that no other country in the world has these types of mass shootings? The answer is, THE NEWS! Yes, I just went there, blame it on the "MEDIA" but please read on and allow me to expound.

How many shootings happen every day? Now ask yourself how many of those are bad people with guns vs good people with guns? This is not an easy thing to find out cause it`s hard to find a NON-BIAS or NON-POLITICAL slant used to come to those numbers. Trust me I have looked. So for sake of argument let`s say there are 100,000 total use of gun incidents recorded to law enforcement. Let`s now split that down the middle, 500,000 bad guy uses and 500,000 good guy uses. Now be honest and ask yourself,

"What % will the news report on?"

Here`s a hint. Bad news sells. If not there would be all good news on TV, yet turn TV on and there is nothing but rape, murder, fires, shootings, etc. So after 45 minutes of bad news, we get 3 minutes of weather and a 1 minute story about a kitten saved by firemen, but hey, at least they leave us on a positive note!

So here is my hint for the news people and how they can help the populace gain a leg up on this problem...stop looking for the bad news stories! I know news caster/producers in my town and they will take a report on a fatal car accident or some racial division story over a little old lady being helped with a flat tire during rush hour every single damn time!

Now let`s get into the home. STOP having kids and then getting a divorce because one spouse thinks the grass is greener on the other side! The family unit is broke and in distress. Have at least ONE meal together! Dinner is best. In my family we did not have breakfast or lunch but damn it we sat down for dinner every night. No phones, no TV, just us. We talked about our days, talked about whats going on in the world, our city and what we want to do. My kids are all older now but I so cherish those times. Teach kids about the value of life!

Here is my advise to the players in the political land mine fields....if you all put as much time, energy and money into uniting us as you did dividing us think of all the things we could get done!! Since when did late night TV become a source of news? Also, if I had done a fraction of what many of these politicians have done I would be in federal prison for years. So let`s stop pretending there is not a class division people. It`s just not the one most think it is, rather it`s people are just too damn connected, above the law, to have any consequences for their actions. When a politician does get caught they still get their full pension and are asked to please resign. That`s just pure BS!

Here is my advise, for what it`s worth, to younger adults and parents of today who cry, moan, get triggered and offended at every little thing they disagree with. Parents or adults do not want to engage with problems or issues for the most part because that would take effort, focus and attention. Just better to get rid of the problem, toss it, hit the DELETE button and let`s get back to my Facebook feed so I can truly engage with people, heart to heart!

In closing, guns cannot be taken away. You`ll never rid America of its guns. If anyone thinks that guns will reduce violence they are idiots. Sure, no guns may mean no gun violence but there will still be violence. Violence with hands, feet, sticks, knives, acid, bombs, trucks, etc. So the "problem" is not guns but rather the violence that uses that gun or (insert weapon of choice).

Anthony
    Hi Anthony
    Thanks Anthony
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

FBI failed. Sheriff`s office failed. On-site security failed
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by House of Wax View Post
    Wow. Armed school resource officer failed to do anything even though he knew what was happening
    Doesn`t bode too well for the "armed teacher" response when the trained, full-time LEO chokes.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony O. View Post
    In closing, guns cannot be taken away. You`ll never rid America of its guns. If anyone thinks that guns will reduce violence they are idiots. Sure, no guns may mean no gun violence but there will still be violence.
    Who is advocating for guns to be taken away? What can we do to keep unstable 19 year olds from getting a semi-automatic weapon? If the system failed in this instance, what can we do to fix it or reduce the number of failures?

Perhaps if we`re giving advice, maybe it should be learn to solve problems, because I don`t hear many solutions being suggested. Perhaps this is a consequence of our throw-away society where we just throw things away instead of fixing them, that we don`t know how to fix anything anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    From the sounds of it he did have quite a few interviews w/law enforcement........... 39 of em, but the # is up for debate.
    Apparently those "interviews" do not form a part of the background check. Perhaps if this gentleman had been required to apply at his local police station for a gun permit, like we do here in NJ, they would have checked some records and seen that he was a problem. Instead the gun shop (following the law) just checked the database and saw that he was not a felon and had not had any court-ordered psychiatric treatment...at least that`s the way I understand it.
    Likes LashingStanley liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

The issue here isn’t really principles, it’s particulars. In principle, I think most at least generally agree, at least hypothetically, we could come up with a better system. The mental health issue is a big,and it seems like low hanging fruit that would be easy to address, until you get into specifics.

What constitutes “mental illness” that should prevent one from being able to own a gun?

Being committed?
    Having ongoing psych treatment, i.e regular psych appointments for anything from stress and anxiety related to work to dealing with after effects of being abused as a child?
    Being on any ex drug deemed as “psychiatric,” i.e Ritalin, Zoloft, Paxil or Prozac?
    Not currently, but having ever been prescribed any of the aforementioned “psychiatric drugs?”
    Are certain Meyers Briggs personality profiles barred from owning guns due to a statistical link to violence?(Im hypothesizing here)
    Is it a standardized test, either verbal or written and fed into a computer?

Do you see the potential problems and arguments in all of this?

The difficulty, and the reason our government is in a constant logjam is due to nobody being able to agree on specifics and methodology. It’s too light a measure, or it doesn’t go far enough, or it punishes someone unfairly, etc etc.
    Likes Stokdgs, trashmanssd liked this post

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    Doesn`t bode too well for the "armed teacher" response when the trained, full-time LEO chokes.
    Setec Astronomy --
    Of course it did not go well for this individual - too bad.. He chickened out?? Had a health issue? We don`t have any more details...

I would not hesitate to go in and hopefully have the advantage of quicker on target than a rifle ...

It is very sad to hear that 3 kids there in the ROTC program died helping get others to safety.. Imagine.. children laying down their lives for their friends...

Since you keep bringing this up, what would you have done ?
    Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

Setec Astronomy --

You said -- ""Perhaps if we`re giving advice, maybe it should be learn to solve problems, because I don`t hear many solutions being suggested. Perhaps this is a consequence of our throw-away society where we just throw things away instead of fixing them, that we don`t know how to fix anything anymore""

I heard a few solutions suggested at the first meeting with the President yesterday and even posted them up already..
    Did you watch that meeting ?

I believe there have been more solutions brought up by the 2nd group of people to meet with the President today..

Do you have any solutions ?
    Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

Who is advocating for guns to be taken away? What can we do to keep unstable 19 year olds from getting a semi-automatic weapon? If the system failed in this instance, what can we do to fix it or reduce the number of failures?

Perhaps if we`re giving advice, maybe it should be learn to solve problems, because I don`t hear many solutions being suggested. Perhaps this is a consequence of our throw-away society where we just throw things away instead of fixing them, that we don`t know how to fix anything anymore.
    Plenty of people out there that want to take away guns...all guns. They give the model of Australia as examples. Japan also. They state, "See, if it works there it can work here"

We are in a throw away society. People don`t problem solve so much anymore but instead just toss it. Fix a TV? It cost more to fix one than buy a new one. So instead of CNN having a TRUE Town Hall meeting they push an agenda and that agenda is: Guns are bad, NRA members hate kids, most NRA members are Republicans and own guns. Again, I am all for honest debate, keeping firearms out of hands that should not have them. I believe that anyone who gets an LTC or CCL should also go thru more training. Far too many people that I talk to have this false sense of..."Well, I got my gun on me, I`m ready for anything!" That`s just nonsense.

I train as much as I possibly can. I attend training classes all over, I also attend and train in trauma first responder medicine. My wife and I will be taking another class next month. I now help a friend, who is a gun instructor, train people in firearm use because just strapping on a gun doesn`t make one a reliable "gun fighter".

When I am at the gun range I see people all day who need further training or some should not have guns at all. So while I believe that the government should get out of the way I also stand for enforcing and adhering to the laws we have now. I just bought a Daniel Defense MK18 SBR and I had to go thru all kinds of hoops plus 13 months of waiting. Add 8 months to that for my suppressor. In that 8 months my suppressor dropped almost $500!! So "I" and millions of other gun owners do all things by the book so why does the anti-gun horde want me to give up my right?

I find it ironic that the uber-left want illegal aliens to stay and become legal yet make legal citizens illegal criminals.

Anthony
    "The Art & Science of Auto Detail"
    Likes Stokdgs, Ronkh, House of Wax liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Mi Hermano Anthony !!!
    How you doing, bud !!!

Love that DD MK18 SBR !!! OH WOW !!!

So, So far from that dang 1967 model M16 I had to lug to work every day..
    You Lucky !!!!!
    Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

Why should they care Anthony, it`s not their stuff that`s getting taken away.
    Likes House of Wax liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Theres a difference between running in after someone and a shooter busting into your classroom and it`s either you (or students) and him. Teachers should have the option of protecting themselves and the students in their charge.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stokdgs View Post
    Do you have any solutions ?
    I believe I stated my solution--if the Parkland shooter was required to get a permit to purchase that firearm, a permit applied for at his local police station, then his previous interactions with law enforcement would have become apparent to the people required to sign off on the permit, and they wouldn`t have. That`s the way it works here in NJ, and a quick google search shows we haven`t had a mass shooting here since 1949, the "Camden Massacre" (so much for "mass shootings are a modern phenomenon, damn spoiled kids"). But we have plenty of guns here, they just don`t belong to crazy 19 yo`s.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JPGood View Post
    Theres a difference between running in after someone and a shooter busting into your classroom and it`s either you (or students) and him. Teachers should have the option of protecting themselves and the students in their charge.
    I think Accumulator would have something to say about that and "adrenal response training" but he`s smarter than me so he stays out of this thread.

Page 72 of 107 FirstFirst ... 225859606162636465666768697071727374757677787980818283848586 ... LastLast

Thread Information