Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Unofficial *Official* Politics Thread

I`m sure the lobs will spin this as a bad thing.

Post Thanks / Like

This is excellent. Anything that can take some burden off the VA and help vet`s get care closer to home is a good thing

Post Thanks / Like

I would prefer to reduce the VA to certain types of support activity and get Vets into the public system with the public paying for the vets care. What is so interesting is when there is some news about a VA disaster and the committee`s in Congress try to act surprised!

Al
    The Need to Bead

Likes House of Wax liked this post
    Thanks House of Wax, rlmccarty2000 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I have been on "Veterans Choice" for three years now. It started off pretty good then it actually got worse than the VA care. What is worse than VA care you ask? No care is the answer. There is zero accountability. Say you need an appointment, you call Veterans Choice and they tell you to call back in 5 working days if you don`t hear from them. You call back in 5 days and they say they have never heard of you. By the way it is going to take you a whole day sitting with the phone in your hand on hold, then you are passed from one uncaring dumbass to another.

Or how about this. After waiting for 2-3 months for an appointment they send you to the wrong doctor (happened to me 3 times). Or this one: there is no doctor in your area that handles your needs (lies). Or this one: my appointment for back pain therapy was scheduled in Daytona Beach Florida! I wouldn`t mind a vacation, but driving 250 miles really screws up my back that they were going to fix.

There was no new money given to this program! You say how can they set up a program with no money? Well they just took imoney away from the VA hospitals that were already sending patients out for care.

You have to be living 40 miles away from a VA hospital to receive Veterans Choice. Well I was living 75 miles away from my nearest hospital and was able to finally see a doctor of my choice (I was already using Medicare to see a good local doctor) they went and built a brand new VA clinic 25 miles from me, so I had to drop the doctor I was seeing 5 minutes away and start seeing a new doctor at a new clinic that takes me 40 minutes to get to. The new clinic is nice, there is never anyone there. I swear the most patients in the waiting room there is 4. Of course they only have one GP there. I still have to drive 75 miles to my nearest VA hospital for any non general care.

The system is broken. They need to close all but a few select hospitals dealing with trauma that non VA doctors are not familiar with. Give me a voucher that gives me the same rights as Medicare, minus the deductible, plus free drugs and close the money sucking monster that is the VA. We can start balancing the budget.

Both Trump and Clinton campaigned on fixing the VA system. So did Obama, Bush, Bush, and the other Clinton. It`s too big to fix and way too broken. Thank you for your service!
    Likes DBAILEY liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    Give me a voucher that gives me the same rights as Medicare, minus the deductible, plus free drugs and close the money sucking monster that is the VA. We can start balancing the budget.
    I`m not a vet, so I obviously can`t speak from firsthand experience, but I feel like that would be the best solution as well.
    www.facebook.com/houseofwaxdetailing
    Likes trashmanssd liked this post
    Thanks rlmccarty2000 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

. Give me a voucher that gives me the same rights as Medicare, minus the deductible, plus free drugs and close the money sucking monster that is the VA. We can start balancing the budget.

!

I was wondering this for a long time. I honestly bet that if they closed the med side of VA and let the system go like medicare that it would almost be a wash as far a cost and Vets get better/faster care by people who care.
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    I was wondering this for a long time. I honestly bet that if they closed the med side of VA and let the system go like medicare that it would almost be a wash as far a cost and Vets get better/faster care by people who care.
    I doubt it would be a wash. The savings would be Trumpian Huge. The VA is huge. It does a lot of things it should not do. It has nursing schools and teaching hospitals. I does research (Vets are good test subjects). They need to just be in the business of helping Vets. Too much money and too many fingers in the pies. The tow floors above where the doctors are at most VA hospitals are purely admin people. Got to remember they don`t have to bill most patients. They need to cut the federal employee glut (just like all Fed government). I agree with Trumps hiring freeze, with exemptions. The hiring freeze on Vets Affairs was cruel, but it won`t hurt hospitals much because they couldn`t fill the positions anyway. Obama gave VA hospital a ton of new spaces for psychiatric doctors, the problems is there are so few even in the private sector you could offer a million dollars and still not fill all of the open positions. 20 Veterans die every day by suicide! If we could cut that in half it would still be a national shame. For awhile you could call the suicide hotline and just get a prerecorded message. Now they say they are getting 99% of the calls. It`s a start.

Post Thanks / Like

Someone at CNBC having some fun...(if real).

17991913_1875760172694264_7914818468695087371_n.jpg

Al
    The Need to Bead

Likes rlmccarty2000, Angus liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

lol, that`s pretty funny

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

Thoughts on Trump`s new tax plan? Sounds great to me, but sounds way too good to be true or actually work. Cutting the deficit by lowering taxes and raising defense spending? The money has to come from tariffs and other taxes. I would like to see some real numbers. This will raise Trump`s popularity poll numbers, but if it fails he will have another loss on his record.

For the record my views are that there are too many regressive taxes that disproportionately affect the poor. Examples are taxes on gas and food. Tax luxury items such as private jets and yachts higher so that the poor are not hurt.

Post Thanks / Like

Thoughts on Trump`s new tax plan? Sounds great to me, but sounds way too good to be true or actually work. Cutting the deficit by lowering taxes and raising defense spending? The money has to come from tariffs and other taxes. I would like to see some real numbers. This will raise Trump`s popularity poll numbers, but if it fails he will have another loss on his record.

For the record my views are that there are too many regressive taxes that disproportionately affect the poor. Examples are taxes on gas and food. Tax luxury items such as private jets and yachts higher so that the poor are not hurt.

Well..... At least you are only tying it to raising military spending. The media is spinning it as "ooohhhhh this is terrible, tax decrease will increase the defecit.."
    Instead of realizing the government is so heavily spending. Besides military there are a few other things that need more $$$, but 90% of the government spending could have serious cuts.

If it spurs businesses to come back to the US to do manufacturing, R&D, etc (actually make things) The increased revenue for both business and employess will increase the tax base.
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

"IF" is a small word with big implications. There are many federal programs and jobs that could be cut. He could start with the Post Office. The deficit is one of those thing that is truly so huuuuge that it doesn`t concern me. I had an economics professor, way back, that said the deficit was meaningless and the Fed could control the value of money. It really does not have much effect on our daily lives.

I doubt if if we ever see jobs in manufacturing return like in the 60`s. Our best export is technology. We should sell N. Korea some missle guidance systems.lol. Toshiba will probably steal the technology and sell it anyway.
    Likes Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

"IF" is a small word with big implications. There are many federal programs and jobs that could be cut. He could start with the Post Office. The deficit is one of those thing that is truly so huuuuge that it doesn`t concern me. I had an economics professor, way back, that said the deficit was meaningless and the Fed could control the value of money. It really does not have much effect on our daily lives.

I doubt if if we ever see jobs in manufacturing return like in the 60`s. Our best export is technology. We should sell N. Korea some missle guidance systems.lol. Toshiba will probably steal the technology and sell it anyway.
    Dunno. IF he can make it attractive enough for companies to come back..... We could make stuff again.

Government doesn`t create jobs, just a good business environment, so business can creat jobs.
    Likes House of Wax liked this post

Page 30 of 107 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536373839404142434480 ... LastLast

Thread Information