Page 6 of 107 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192056106 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Unofficial *Official* Politics Thread

I`m not a scientist by any means but down here we have been breaking record high temps this winter...today will be another one. Our previous high record for this time of year was 87 degrees, today will be 91 degrees! Horribly HOT and we haven`t even hit April yet. Something is definitely happening!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xspwrstang View Post
    I`m not a scientist by any means but down here we have been breaking record high temps this winter...today will be another one. Our previous high record for this time of year was 87 degrees, today will be 91 degrees! Horribly HOT and we haven`t even hit April yet. Something is definitely happening!
    If you could box that up and ship it here I would gladly take it.
    Likes Poorboy liked this post

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by trashmanssd View Post
    If you could box that up and ship it here I would gladly take it.

Sorry all you can get from down south is a Sunkist Orange
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com
    Likes trashmanssd liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

What!? Betsy DeVos was confirmed as Education Secretary. Wow. Who says you can`t buy a cabinet position? Sickening. She never went to a public school and didn`t send her kids to a public school. This is Filling The Swamp with bigger, less intelligent alligators. Right up there with Ben Carson for HUD secretary. Are they the best the US has to offer? At least some of the Republicans tried to block DeVos. A tie breaker from the VP made it 51-50 for confirmation. Strange days indeed. What`s next Chris Christie for Secretary of Transportation?
    Likes pwaug, Angus, xspwrstang liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Probably afraid she`d blow up the presidential palace...............

Madonna granted permission to adopt twins from Malawi
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    She never went to a public school and didn`t send her kids to a public school.
    Since my kids didn`t either, I have to ask what your point is???

Was Obamas any better? IF so, please elaborate.
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Just because Obamas` picks were not great doesn`t mean Trump has to follow in his footsteps and appoint people that are clueless. Take a look a Sen. Franken asking DeVos questions about education, she looked like a deer in headlights. At least try to pick the best person for the job. If he is going to make America great again a qualified Education Secretary would be a heckuva good start. Just because she donated a huge amount of money to his campaign does not make her qualified for anything. This is politics as usual. The people that voted for Trump did so because he promised it would not be business as usual in Washington. He should surround himself with people smarter than he is, but he thinks he is the smartest person in the room, and that`s dangerous.
    Likes Angus, pwaug liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

If DeVos had a background in education or at least knew about what is wrong with public education (too much standardized testing) maybe she could make changes for the better. She wants more Charter Schools. Why not just fix public education. Start with makinhg school 12 months instead of 9. Drop the "no child left behind" Bush mentality and go back to teaching the basics. Teach children HOW to learn.

Post Thanks / Like

Just because Obamas` picks were not great doesn`t mean Trump has to follow in his footsteps and appoint people that are clueless. Take a look a Sen. Franken asking DeVos questions about education, she looked like a deer in headlights. At least try to pick the best person for the job. If he is going to make America great again a qualified Education Secretary would be a heckuva good start. Just because she donated a huge amount of money to his campaign does not make her qualified for anything. This is politics as usual. The people that voted for Trump did so because he promised it would not be business as usual in Washington. He should surround himself with people smarter than he is, but he thinks he is the smartest person in the room, and that`s dangerous.
    That`s a lot different than....... Her kids didn`t go to public school.

IMHO he does surround himself with the smartest available. Not sure about Devos, but I am a firm supporter of School Vouchers. Let the Parents decide where to send the kids. Actually I`d be happy if the cut the taxes from fed for education, and the States and locales picked it up and all responsibility for education.

The US ranks 25th among nations in education, so we are doing something very wrong with all the $$$ that`s thrown at it.
    Likes rlmccarty2000 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

drop the "no child left behind" bush mentality and go back to teaching the basics. Teach children how to learn.
    amen !!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I don`t have a strong opinion on DeVos one way or another, but here`s something to consider....

Isn`t hiring her more "draining the swamp" than just going with the status quo and injecting somebody who`s been entrenched in the public education machine for decades into the position? Yeah, her and her kids didn`t go to public schools, but does that mean she isn`t smart? Does that mean she can`t take some ideas and good things she`s experienced in the private school sector and apply them to public education?

I don`t think it`s a big stretch to say our public education isn`t the greatest. It could use some fresh ideas and policies. I also think the charter school idea is worth some consideration.

How many of the country`s wealthy and the DC elite send their kids to public schools? I don`t have hard numbers, but I`m guessing not a lot....and if that`s the case, why don`t they? How many inner city kids do you think suffer in their education because they go to school with a bunch of low lifes and have teachers that aren`t worth a crap because they belong to a huge teachers union and it takes an act of God to fire them (before anybody jumps down my throat, I`m not saying all teachers are like this). What if that kid could get a voucher to get out of there and into a different school where they have a better chance of thriving? I`m not saying this is the definite answer, but I think it`s worth exploring.

Bottom line is the Left is heavily entrenched in the education system and it`s vital for them to retain control. This is why you have so many people having a meltdown over this.
    www.facebook.com/houseofwaxdetailing
    Likes trashmanssd, RaskyR1 liked this post
    Thanks trashmanssd thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by House of Wax View Post

What if that kid could get a voucher to get out of there and into a different school where they have a better chance of thriving? I`m not saying this is the definite answer, but I think it`s worth exploring.
    First .. how does this inner city kid get to this Charter School? Does the parent(s) just have this one child? Possibly many more? Should they all go to Charter Schools that suite their needs? How do they get there? What happens to the kids left at the old failing school?

Yes, first over haul has to be accountability of teachers .. that being said .. i remember a Principal pulling me aside during my student teaching days and outright told me some kids are stupid and no matter what you do you can`t change it ..

Could we abolish the need for all kids to go to school until they are 16 or age out ? Shouldn`t an 8th grade education be enough for some ?

Where are all these great new teachers coming from? They sure aren`t here in Florida and we have charter schools

I have no answers for this broken system but throwing someone into a position that will effect generations to come is very scary !

Thanks rlmccarty2000 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Poorboy View Post

I have no answers for this broken system but throwing someone into a position that will effect generations to come is very scary !
    This sentiment applies to every single Republican or Democrat that fills any position
    www.facebook.com/houseofwaxdetailing
    Likes Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Poorboy View Post
    Hmmmmmmm

I believe I said that when Obama was elected POTUS..................

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by House of Wax View Post
    This sentiment applies to every single Republican or Democrat that fills any position

Exactly .. look at who the people are that hold positions from local to Federal levels ....

Page 6 of 107 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192056106 ... LastLast

Thread Information