Page 99 of 107 FirstFirst ... 49858687888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106107 LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 1596
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Unofficial *Official* Politics Thread

Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!
    Likes Eliot Ness liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Well, now that that`s all settled:

https://intelligence.house.gov/uploa...l_redacted.pdf

Post Thanks / Like

https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/...mpression=true

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    www.facebook.com/houseofwaxdetailing
    Likes Stokdgs, Ronkh, grisby liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

https://www.wsj.com/articles/about-t....co/n7IcV5frzD

The Department of Justice lost its latest battle with Congress Thursday when it agreed to brief House Intelligence Committee members about a top-secret intelligence source that was part of the FBI’s investigation of the Trump campaign. Even without official confirmation of that source’s name, the news so far holds some stunning implications.

Among them is that the Justice Department and Federal Bureau of Investigation outright hid critical information from a congressional investigation. In a Thursday press conference, Speaker Paul Ryan bluntly noted that Intelligence Chairman Devin Nunes’s request for details on this secret source was “wholly appropriate,” “completely within the scope” of the committee’s long-running FBI investigation, and “something that probably should have been answered a while ago.” Translation: The department knew full well it should have turned this material over to congressional investigators last year, but instead deliberately concealed it.

House investigators nonetheless sniffed out a name, and Mr. Nunes in recent weeks issued a letter and a subpoena demanding more details. Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein’s response was to double down—accusing the House of “extortion” and delivering a speech in which he claimed that “declining to open the FBI’s files to review” is a constitutional “duty.” Justice asked the White House to back its stonewall. And it even began spinning that daddy of all superspook arguments—that revealing any detail about this particular asset could result in “loss of human lives.”

This is desperation, and it strongly suggests that whatever is in these files is going to prove very uncomfortable to the FBI.

The bureau already has some explaining to do. Thanks to the Washington Post’s unnamed law-enforcement leakers, we know Mr. Nunes’s request deals with a “top secret intelligence source” of the FBI and CIA, who is a U.S. citizen and who was involved in the Russia collusion probe. When government agencies refer to sources, they mean people who appear to be average citizens but use their profession or contacts to spy for the agency. Ergo, we might take this to mean that the FBI secretly had a person on the payroll who used his or her non-FBI credentials to interact in some capacity with the Trump campaign.

This would amount to spying, and it is hugely disconcerting. It would also be a major escalation from the electronic surveillance we already knew about, which was bad enough. Obama political appointees rampantly “unmasked” Trump campaign officials to monitor their conversations, while the FBI played dirty with its surveillance warrant against Carter Page, failing to tell the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court that its supporting information came from the Hillary Clinton campaign. Now we find it may have also been rolling out human intelligence, John Le Carré style, to infiltrate the Trump campaign.

Which would lead to another big question for the FBI: When? The bureau has been doggedly sticking with its story that a tip in July 2016 about the drunken ramblings of George Papadopoulos launched its counterintelligence probe. Still, the players in this affair—the FBI, former Director Jim Comey, the Steele dossier authors—have been suspiciously vague on the key moments leading up to that launch date. When precisely was the Steele dossier delivered to the FBI? When precisely did the Papadopoulos information come in?

And to the point, when precisely was this human source operating? Because if it was prior to that infamous Papadopoulos tip, then the FBI isn’t being straight. It would mean the bureau was spying on the Trump campaign prior to that moment. And that in turn would mean that the FBI had been spurred to act on the basis of something other than a junior campaign aide’s loose lips.

We also know that among the Justice Department’s stated reasons for not complying with the Nunes subpoena was its worry that to do so might damage international relationships. This suggests the “source” may be overseas, have ties to foreign intelligence, or both. That’s notable, given the highly suspicious role foreigners have played in this escapade. It was an Australian diplomat who reported the Papadopoulos conversation. Dossier author Christopher Steele is British, used to work for MI6, and retains ties to that spy agency as well as to a network of former spooks. It was a former British diplomat who tipped off Sen. John McCain to the dossier. How this “top secret” source fits into this puzzle could matter deeply.

I believe I know the name of the informant, but my intelligence sources did not provide it to me and refuse to confirm it. It would therefore be irresponsible to publish it. But what is clear is that we’ve barely scratched the surface of the FBI’s 2016 behavior, and the country will never get the straight story until President Trump moves to declassify everything possible. It’s time to rip off the Band-Aid.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    www.facebook.com/houseofwaxdetailing
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by House of Wax View Post
    Just to be clear, and for the record, that`s an opinion column, and not news reporting.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    Just to be clear, and for the record, that`s an opinion column, and not news reporting.
    I will be very happy when all this is over with. I lived through the Watergate and Bill Clinton scandal eras. Nothing gets done in the government when there is a scandal. No one really wants to pick a side then lose. Of course the Republicans really didn’t want Trump as their candidate so I doubt there will be any crying on either side of the aisle if Trump is found guilty of something. As much as I despise Trump,VP Pence scares me more with his positions on moral issues. You are right about this being an opinion column, these days there are too many people taking other peoples opinion as fact.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    these days there are too many people taking other peoples opinion as fact.
    I believe the other day Mr. Giuliani stated "how do you separate opinion from fact?"...that`s a pretty serious problem if we as a nation can`t figure that out.

PS To put a finer point on it, I remember O`Reilly getting asked about some of the questionable "news" on his show, and his answer was, his was an opinion show, not a news show. When it was pointed out that his show was on Fox NEWS, and did viewers understand he was giving his opinion rather than news, he maintained that everyone knew the difference.

Post Thanks / Like

BREAKING: Mueller to indict 62,984,828 Americans for conspiring to elect Trump
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    BREAKING: Mueller to indict 62,984,828 Americans for conspiring to elect Trump
    Each one of the was using Facebook to get their “opinions”.
    Likes Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Each one of the was using Facebook to get their “opinions”.
    That would have to be 62,984,827

me no FB

Post Thanks / Like

O Great Orange One why don’t you want me to buy another German car? Quit messing with the economy. If you want to penalize someone leave our allies alone. Pick on China. Why does one man have the power to destroy the economy? Couldn’t Congress help a little?

Post Thanks / Like

Why does one man have the power to destroy the economy? Couldn’t Congress help a little?
    Couldn`t congress help a little to destroy the economy? I`ve been busy so I had to DVR his tweets and must not have gotten to the German car one yet.

Post Thanks / Like

So does trump and his family have a long standing personal policy of only driving American cars?
    2018 Acura TLX ASpec

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jrock645 View Post
    So does trump and his family have a long standing personal policy of only driving American cars?
    Billionaires don`t drive. That`s what chauffeurs are for.
    Likes trashmanssd liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    Billionaires don`t drive. That`s what chauffeurs are for.
    I understand, but are they american cars only?
    2018 Acura TLX ASpec

Page 99 of 107 FirstFirst ... 49858687888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106107 LastLast

Thread Information