Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Unofficial *Official* Politics Thread

To determine the difference in political world views, we may look to a hypothetical.

A child, let`s say 12 years of age, wishes to make some extra money and he or she wants to mow lawns in their neighborhood.

How does the conservative worldview see that as opposed to a liberal world view? The conservative world view looks at that with admiration in seeing a child get out there and work hard for money. Perhaps he or she has parents that teach them not to depend on anyone and nothing comes free.

The liberal worldview may also admire a kid getting out there and working. They may also wonder if the child has gotten permission from the city to do business. Are any child labor laws being broken? Are they being "green" and using electric mower and edger and not gas?

One world view is, government of the people, by the people, for the people.

The other world view is, people of the government, for the government.

How about a kid wanting to sell lemonade? I find it odd that a city would shut that down and claim they need city approval yet give a state government job to an illegal alien.

Something is broke in America.
    "The Art & Science of Auto Detail"
    Likes GearHead_1, Stokdgs, grisby, trashmanssd liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony O. View Post
    To determine the difference in political world views, we may look to a hypothetical.

A child, let`s say 12 years of age, wishes to make some extra money and he or she wants to mow lawns in their neighborhood.

How does the conservative worldview see that as opposed to a liberal world view? The conservative world view looks at that with admiration in seeing a child get out there and work hard for money. Perhaps he or she has parents that teach them not to depend on anyone and nothing comes free.

The liberal worldview may also admire a kid getting out there and working. They may also wonder if the child has gotten permission from the city to do business. Are any child labor laws being broken? Are they being "green" and using electric mower and edger and not gas?

One world view is, government of the people, by the people, for the people.

The other world view is, people of the government, for the government.

How about a kid wanting to sell lemonade? I find it odd that a city would shut that down and claim they need city approval yet give a state government job to an illegal alien.

Cant feed the homeless either....

Post Thanks / Like

The two party system drives most of the problems. Locked in a stalemate by two sides with fundamentally different views on the role of government.
    2018 Acura TLX ASpec
    Likes GearHead_1, trashmanssd liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

on one hand I like the there are laws and regulations on food and the keeping and preparation of said foods. What I think is highly stupid is making McDonalds toss all the food that is not bought into the trash can. That food cannot be given to homeless shelters YET the homeless can dig it out of the trash and eat it!!

A kid gets a suspension for NOT walking out of class and protesting. Since many schools and districts supported this gun control walk out would they also support a walk out in favor of Pro-Life? Afterall, thousands of babies dies every year under the guise of "womens health care". If the NRA is deemed "child killers" why then does not Planned Parenthood have the same title?
    "The Art & Science of Auto Detail"
    Likes GearHead_1, Stokdgs, Ronkh, grisby, trashmanssd liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

on one hand I like the there are laws and regulations on food and the keeping and preparation of said foods. What I think is highly stupid is making McDonalds toss all the food that is not bought into the trash can. That food cannot be given to homeless shelters YET the homeless can dig it out of the trash and eat it!!

A kid gets a suspension for NOT walking out of class and protesting. Since many schools and districts supported this gun control walk out would they also support a walk out in favor of Pro-Life? Afterall, thousands of babies dies every year under the guise of "womens health care". If the NRA is deemed "child killers" why then does not Planned Parenthood have the same title?
    Nobody makes McDonald’s throw food away. I work in the foodservice industry so I know a bit about this. McDonald’s chooses to toss food so they don’t have to go through the cooling and reheating process with leftover food and don’t have to spend time on the HACCP paperwork.

The issue isn’t food regulation, the issue is we’ve become such a litigious society that a company is better off just throwing perfectly good food away rather than risk a lawsuit. It’s a complicated problem.
    2018 Acura TLX ASpec
    Likes Stokdgs, trashmanssd liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Here`s a non controversial topic for this thread. In Illinois it is primary day. Make sure to get out and vote.

Atleson Detailing Service
    FB - https://www.facebook.com/AtlesonDetailing/
    WEB - https://sites.google.com/prod/view/a...detailing/home
    Likes House of Wax liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

when I lived in spring Texas this happened. The city along with the health department shut down kids with lemonade stands in front of their homes.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coleroad View Post
    when I lived in spring Texas this happened. The city along with the health department shut down kids with lemonade stands in front of their homes.
    In my mother in laws development there used to be kids that shoveled snow off the driveway and sidewalks for a few bucks. About 3-4 yrs ago they went to a "new" house that was built and the owner reported them to the township for not having a business license. So now I get to go down and do it for the 93yr old MIL

In a little different scenario, my one neighbor who has 3 teenage kids shovels his own driveway. When I asked why the kids don`t do it he says that his wife says they have better things to do than manual labor. You can see them in the window playing video games while the father is working. New type of parenting!!!!!
    Thanks
    Bill G

1972 Buick GS Stage 1
    1 of 728 made
    1 of 1 SCO color combo

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jrock645 View Post
    The two party system drives most of the problems. Locked in a stalemate by two sides with fundamentally different views on the role of government.
    It used to be the role of govt, then something changed where all first world countries were intentionally being flooded with people from 3rd world countries. Citizens of Sweden are actually fleeing seeking refuge in other countries because of the rape gangs there.

It’s beyond role of govt, it’s the destruction of civilized countries.

once they break the second amendment they can conquer us. Not a day before though.
    Dislikes DBAILEY disliked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JBM View Post
    It used to be the role of govt, then something changed where all first world countries were intentionally being flooded with people from 3rd world countries. Citizens of Sweden are actually fleeing seeking refuge in other countries because of the rape gangs there.

It’s beyond role of govt, it’s the destruction of civilized countries.

once they break the second amendment they can conquer us. Not a day before though.
    What are your source of Citizens of Sweden is fleeing seeking refuge in other countries?

There is gang rapes happens here in Sweden but not in the amount that we are fleeing our country IMO. We do have problems cause we have takeing care of many refuges the last years. The big problem as I see it is that it`s the most of men and not the women and children that`s succed fleeing from war zones. And those that have the most money to be able to seek refuge in countries far away from they are fleeing from. Then you always have those that just are problem makers and that are those that you are hearing about. You don`t hear much about those people that are thankfull and adjust to the different countries way of living and makes the most to build up a new life. That is something that is something that is alike all over the world and the media has a big part in that. They report about all the bad and not so much of the good news. That`s spreads fear and is hard to see through.
    Likes rlmccarty2000, Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    What are your source of Citizens of Sweden is fleeing seeking refuge in other countries?

There is gang rapes happens here in Sweden but not in the amount that we are fleeing our country IMO. We do have problems cause we have takeing care of many refuges the last years. The big problem as I see it is that it`s the most of men and not the women and children that`s succed fleeing from war zones. And those that have the most money to be able to seek refuge in countries far away from they are fleeing from. Then you always have those that just are problem makers and that are those that you are hearing about. You don`t hear much about those people that are thankfull and adjust to the different countries way of living and makes the most to build up a new life. That is something that is something that is alike all over the world and the media has a big part in that. They report about all the bad and not so much of the good news. That`s spreads fear and is hard to see through.
    https://newswars.com/swedish-woman-e...rant-crisis%20

Post Thanks / Like

From the comments on the post

. My wife has a Swedish friend who moved to Russia a few years ago for the same reasons. Sweden is falling apart.

Post Thanks / Like

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...eaking-problem

Loooooong overdue

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

That is some funky about this woman. It has come out alot of information about her that is very suspect why she did this interview. She has been convicted 5 times for slander I think it is in english. 1 more for poured a coffee pot over someone and 1 to be falsely pretend to be state official. Then alot more about where and how she lives and work. It`s election in april in Hungary and the president sitting do not want to take their part of takeing care of the refuges that EU is recommend that countries do. And the media is state-owned and very strict about what comes out to the people. You could google Hungary police and refuges and see what comes up.

This is typical how news can be directed in certain ways. US have a president that are claiming it`s fake news all the time. The sources can be very questioning that some news media has. And so is it every where I think and few people questioning their sources. This leads to that many sees other countries and their own also in a way that is not right. I can say this that if I where to believe it`s so that our media reports every where in our country. Then I would flee my self. But there are many good things too and we are wanting it to be better. The solutions to do so is the problem to find. Since you always have different opinions. It would be great if politics where to work together to get the best för us people. And not work against the other side just because they wont get credit to them for coming up with a great idea. Just take the gun laws debate and the discussion about that. The debate as I see it is about the right to your right to own a gun or not. Instead of a really debate about how to minimize the mass shooting and most the school shootings. And find a solution to make that happen instead of the right to own or not. It must exists a middle ground where the most people are satisfied with on both sides. But for that to happens both are going to sacrifies somethings and not our way or the highway.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by House of Wax View Post
    https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...eaking-problem

Loooooong overdue

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Indeed.

on another note, why are we supposed to care about trump having sex with women a few years ago? They keep doing these interviews, and it seems like an obvious money grab. Plus, they’re trying to burn trump but they just make themselves look bad.
    2018 Acura TLX ASpec

Page 93 of 107 FirstFirst ... 43798081828384858687888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106107 LastLast

Thread Information