Page 81 of 107 FirstFirst ... 316768697071727374757677787980818283848586878889909192939495 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 1596
    Post Thanks / Like
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!
    Likes House of Wax, Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Unofficial *Official* Politics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by grisby View Post
    Friend just sent me another email which I think is funny. Just to let some of the watchdogs know that I did not verify the facts in this email via Snopes or other sights. SO, just take it for what its worth!!

Just a modern version to an old fable.

The ANT
    AND THE
    GRASSHOPPER
    This one is a little different .......
    Two Different Versions .....
    Two Different Morals

OLD VERSION: 1950

The ant works hard in the withering heat all summer long, building his house and
    laying up supplies for the winter.

The grasshopper thinks the ant is a fool and laughs and dances and plays the summer away.
    Come winter, the ant is warm and well fed.
    The grasshopper has no food or shelter,
    so he dies out in the cold.

MORAL OF THE OLD STORY:

Be responsible for yourself!
    2008--
    MODERN VERSION: The ant works hard in the withering heat and the rain all summer long, building his house and laying up supplies for the winter.

The grasshopper thinks the ant is a fool and laughs and dances and plays the summer away.

Come winter, the shivering grasshopper calls a press conference and demands to know why the ant should be allowed to be warm and well fed while he is cold and starving.

CBS, NBC , ABC, MSNBC, PBS, CNN, and HLN
    show up to provide pictures of the shivering grasshopper next to a video of the ant in his comfortable home with a table filled with food.
    America is stunned by the sharp contrast.

How can this be, that in a country of such wealth, this poor grasshopper is allowed to suffer so?

Kermit the Frog appears on Oprah with the grasshopper and everybody cries when they sing, `It`s Not Easy Being Green..`

ACORN stages a demonstration in front of the ant`s house where the news stations film the group singing, We shall overcome.

Then Rev. Jeremiah Wright has the group kneel down to pray for the grasshopper`s sake.

President Obama condemns the ant
    and blames President Bush, President Reagan, Christopher Columbus, and the Pope for the grasshopper`s plight.

Nancy Pelosi & Chuck Shumer exclaim in an interview with Chris Matthews & Brian Williams that the ant has gotten rich off the back of the grasshopper, and both call for an immediate tax hike on the ant to make him pay his "fair share" .

Finally, the EEOC drafts the Economic Equity & Anti-Grasshopper Act retroactive of course to the beginning of the Summer.

The ant is fined for failing to hire a proportionate number of green bugs and, so having nothing left to pay his retroactive taxes, his home is confiscated by the Government Green Czar and given to the grasshopper.

The story ends as we see the grasshopper and his free-loading friends finishing up the last bits of the ant`s food while the government house he is in, which, as you recall, just happens to be the ant`s old house, crumbles around them because the grasshopper doesn`t maintain it.

The ant has disappeared in the snow, sadly never to be seen again.

The grasshopper is found dead in a drug related incident, and the house, now abandoned, is taken over by a gang of spiders who terrorize and ramshackle, the once prosperous and peaceful, neighborhood.

The entire Nation collapses bringing the rest
    of the free world with it.

MORAL OF THE STORY:

Be careful how you vote in 2018 and 2020
    lord that was long winded
    short version: liberals (or any one whose philosophy differs) = bad
    my side = good
    who is the and and who is the grasshopper?

I could never vote for a party with such a simplistic, judgemental and caustic view of the world
    if I thought was a valid `parable` I would question my sanity
    ////AMG

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony O. View Post
    One more time.

First, yes, you stated I am an "elitist" but only you making that statement is consider a "fact". It is yet to be determined if I am "factually" an "elitist", hence it is your opinion that I am such.

Secondly, me stating that a policy put in place may have allowed this kid to slip thru the cracks is NOT me being "self-righteous". I have made a judgement yes, but not a hypocritical judgement but rather one based on "facts" that the schools and police agreed to look the other way and to not arrest kids for misdemenor crimes. Can you not grasp this difference?

Lastly, no it does not sound bad coming from others because you have made no sense in your explanation.

Anthony
    wrong
    you cast aspersions and make statements
    cons>libs
    fact
    judgemental

my observing that does not make me judgemental
    only observant
    own it
    ////AMG

Post Thanks / Like

Hello,

Actually, your post that contained that made no sense. You first state that a God is factual then claim, "Their is either one or not one" So how is that factual, that there is in fact a God? Sounds more like "maybe there is, maybe there isn`t" which is not factual.

You then state that "It`s just some people are right and some are wrong." About what?

Lastly, "God is good is an opinion" The very nature of God, at least the God revealed in Scripture, would declare Him Good. Perhaps you speak of god within an agnostic framework and one would then claim they can not truly know god therefore whether this god be good or not. Perhaps?

Take care,
    Anthony

Anthony
    unless what we have been taught as biblical `good` is bad
    it is faith, not fact
    ////AMG

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by artm3 View Post
    wrong
    you cast aspersions and make statements
    cons>libs
    fact
    judgemental

my observing that does not make me judgemental
    only observant
    own it
    You seem to be the only one who can`t grasp basic logic. Now that was a judgement and by your replies it`s factual. Your logic is all over the place.

EVERYONE is judgemental. Someone in traffic cuts you off, you judge them as jerks, horrible drivers or worse. As a business owner I must JUDGE people who come seeking a job. I JUDGE potential customers coming to my shop just as they JUDGE me on my abilities to do the work they want.

Nothing wrong with judging until you say to someone, "Hey, you`re wrong to judge people! You must be an elitist!" You have just made a contradictory statement in that you say not to judge others while judging them. Do you not see or grasp this basic flaw in your thinking? My original reply to you was that it`s odd you say I am judging others, then turn around and judge me!

If not then not much more I can state, I have tried to explain it as simple as possible. So thanks for playing.

Anthony
    "The Art & Science of Auto Detail"

Post Thanks / Like

Just a reminder to keep the personal finger pointing to a minimum. When the discussion is directed one to another, post after post, things can get sideways. Please keep the general nature of this discussion as personal observations/opinions and directed towards the forum as opposed to individuals. Anthony, artm3, these last few posts aren’t gaining ground and are just going back and forth, what’s said has been said. I appreciate your cooperation.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by artm3 View Post
    unless what we have been taught as biblical `good` is bad
    it is faith, not fact
    Artm3...I`m really confused here because I have no clue what they heck you just stated or what you`re trying to get across and I am kinda somewhat intelligent, sorta.

I will take a stab though. Scripture defines God as "good" UNLESS you were taught what Scripture says is "good" is really "bad" cause it`s about faith, not fact.

If so, I would then ask, is that a factual statement?

No need to reply artm3. Just have a good evening.

Anthony

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GearHead_1 View Post
    Just a reminder to keep the personal finger pointing to a minimum. When the discussion is directed one to another, post after post, things can get sideways. Please keep the general nature of this discussion as personal observations/opinions and directed towards the forum as opposed to individuals. Anthony, artm3, these last few posts aren’t gaining ground and are just going back and forth, what’s said has been said. I appreciate your cooperation.

Fair enough.Understood and my apologies as I did not see your post until I posted mine. You can delete them if need be.

Post Thanks / Like

Back to topic.....

President Trump wants guns taken first then worry about due process. https://www.dailywire.com/news/27706...ns-ben-shapiro

Is this just Trump talking out of emotion or could he be serious? I tell you I am upset by his statements, just as I would be so no matter who is President.
    Likes nickclark08, Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Saw that too. Very disheartening.
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nickclark08 View Post
    Saw that too. Very disheartening.
    We all need to remember, the President is many things including impetuous..
    Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

Hello,

Actually, your post that contained that made no sense. You first state that a God is factual then claim, "Their is either one or not one" So how is that factual, that there is in fact a God? Sounds more like "maybe there is, maybe there isn`t" which is not factual.
    `Their is either one or not one` :That`s what a factual statement is. It can be proven to be true or false.

I can state that I have $5 in my pocket. If I empty out my pockets, that statement can be proven to be true or false.

You then state that "It`s just some people are right and some are wrong." About what?
    The statement I made prior. Basic English. The thought pattern is left to right. If it helps, break off the last sentence to another paragraph.

Lastly, "God is good is an opinion" The very nature of God, at least the God revealed in Scripture, would declare Him Good. Perhaps you speak of god within an agnostic framework and one would then claim they can not truly know god therefore whether this god be good or not. Perhaps?
    `Good` can have a spectrum of meanings. Saying something is good pretty much always is an opinion statement. I`m talking English, not religion here. I happen to believe God is good. To me personally, that is a fact. In English, The use of `good` is an opinion.

From my previous example: I can state I have a lot of money in my pocket. Even if I empty out my pockets, you can`t prove the statement correct/incorrect because `a lot of money` has a spectrum of meaning.

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=grisby;2131384]
    Quote Originally Posted by notime View Post

Yep, that is how I see it and I apologize if you do not see my logic!! Used to be there was 2 sides to a coin, nowadays there are 3, heads, tails, and those that are confused. Meaning that if the coin lands flat it can be either heads or tails or if it lands standing up on edge, it can go either way depending on ones interpretation.
    I see your logic. It`s as I stated - a stretch to get there reasonably. So, maybe you should say,"Heads, tails, and those who try to confuse the two."

Post Thanks / Like

Back to topic.....

President Trump wants guns taken first then worry about due process. https://www.dailywire.com/news/27706...ns-ben-shapiro

Is this just Trump talking out of emotion or could he be serious? I tell you I am upset by his statements, just as I would be so no matter who is President.
    We`re all upset. Taking guns away from those that pose a clear danger? What`s next, letting trannies serve in our military? Not on my watch!

Post Thanks / Like

we are so quick to point out the fault in others and blind to our own judging is wrong
    ////AMG

Page 81 of 107 FirstFirst ... 316768697071727374757677787980818283848586878889909192939495 ... LastLast

Thread Information