Page 78 of 107 FirstFirst ... 286465666768697071727374757677787980818283848586878889909192 ... LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 1596
    Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Unofficial *Official* Politics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by LashingStanley View Post

I thought it was ironic that your hatred for Hillary Clinton all stems from your belief that she is a "liar". If honesty and integrity truly mattered to you, Trump would be enemy #1 in your book.
    I really can`t believe this is a conversation on a detailing board in the context of liars .... there are very few if any politicians that aren`t !! Who needs to argue this point or "debate it"
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com
    Likes GearHead_1, grisby, nickclark08, Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LashingStanley View Post
    Anthony,

I was just trying to make a point. Trump has literally made "truth" irrelevant in this country. When caught lying, rather than admitting he was wrong and that he made a mistake, he doubles down and tries to discredit people telling the truth. It`s damaging to our society and it`s discrediting our democracy.

I thought it was ironic that your hatred for Hillary Clinton all stems from your belief that she is a "liar". If honesty and integrity truly mattered to you, Trump would be enemy #1 in your book.
    Please read again my posts regarding this. I stated Trump was a liar and if found guilty of any wrong doing throw his butt out. I also stated I am no fan of Trump, he was not my choice for president. I did also state that he is doing a better job than I had first thought...so far.

Now in regards to making "truth irrelevant in this country" and "When caught lying...." may I remind you that long before Trump considered running for office President Bill Clinton lied about his Monica Lewinsky affair. Susan Rice lied to you and I about Benghazi and how it was some stupid YouTube video, not just once but several times in one Sunday. Benghazi really gets my temper boiling...anyway, it matters not if there is a"D" or an "R" by a politicians name the vast majority of them are liars and blow smoke up your tush as well as mine.

We can go back and forth till we are dizzy about which side has the most corrupt but what does that do or where does it get us? I say toss them all out and get people in there that want to represent The People.

Anthony
    "The Art & Science of Auto Detail"
    Likes nickclark08, Ronkh, Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony O. View Post

We can go back and forth till we are dizzy about which side has the most corrupt but what does that do or where does it get us? I say toss them all out and get people in there that want to represent The People.

Anthony

This x 100000 Whoever is the incumbent, I`m voting for the other person, D or R.

Seriously needs to be term limits in Congress. A person can dream.....
    Likes Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nickclark08 View Post
    This x 100000 Whoever is the incumbent, I`m voting for the other person, D or R.

Seriously needs to be term limits in Congress. A person can dream.....
    Besides term limits, there needs to be major campaign finance reform: I.e put an end to lobbyists. Elected officials need to vote in the interest of their constituents, not for who’s interest gave their campaign the most money.
    Likes nickclark08, House of Wax, Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Im with you on theory for this one, as the application of lobbying and such has been taken to the extreme.

However, I can see the value in the lobbies as well. In its “purest” form, it can serve to get issues to the attention of the representative in an efficient manner, providing (sorta) an organized “one voice” for that specific issue.

The system needs a lot of work, that’s for sure. As I said earlier, it’s been ```````ized benefiting the most money, not the most importance.

Quote Originally Posted by jrock645 View Post
    Besides term limits, there needs to be major campaign finance reform: I.e put an end to lobbyists. Elected officials need to vote in the interest of their constituents, not for who’s interest gave their campaign the most money.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nickclark08 View Post
    Im with you on theory for this one, as the application of lobbying and such has been taken to the extreme.

However, I can see the value in the lobbies as well. In its “purest” form, it can serve to get issues to the attention of the representative in an efficient manner, providing (sorta) an organized “one voice” for that specific issue.

The system needs a lot of work, that’s for sure. As I said earlier, it’s been ```````ized benefiting the most money, not the most importance.
    No reason lobbyist organizations can’t pay for tv ads just like politicians do currently. Influence the public to put pressure on politicians. Isn’t that how it’s supposed to be?
    Likes nickclark08 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

A lot of this would be fixed if the 17th Amendment was abolished and State Legislators appointed Senators instead of electing them by popular vote. That way they are held to account to the State they represent and not the party affiliation.
    Likes jrock645 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JPGood View Post
    A lot of this would be fixed if the 17th Amendment was abolished and State Legislators appointed Senators instead of electing them by popular vote. That way they are held to account to the State they represent and not the party affiliation.
    that won`t work and is not fair
    in PA which typically goes dem (went repub this year <1% we have a legislature 65% repub due to gerrymandering
    we would have 2 repub senators vs the 1/1 we have
    red states that are small and often have 1/1 would always be 2/0 and the balance of the senate would be fixed forever
    smaller red states would have inordinate power

what we need is term limits
    that would never happen, been declared unconstitutional and would require an amendment
    iirc 2/3 of the states with 2/3 of their state legislature PLUS 2/3 of congress

19 states have 2 repub
    17 2 dems
    12 are dem/repub 1/1, 8 would go repub and 4 dem
    so instead of dem/repub 12/12 it would go repub 16 and dem 8, a swing of 8
    2 indep, 1 demindy and 1 repub/indy they likely go to 2 dem and 2 repub
    56 / 44 repub/dem with little chance of change
    ////AMG

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by artm3 View Post
    that won`t work and is not fair
    in PA which typically goes dem (went repub this year <1% we have a legislature 65% repub due to gerrymandering
    we would have 2 repub senators vs the 1/1 we have
    red states that are small and often have 1/1 would always be 2/0 and the balance of the senate would be fixed forever
    smaller red states would have inordinate power

what we need is term limits
    that would never happen, been declared unconstitutional and would require an amendment
    iirc 2/3 of the states with 2/3 of their state legislature PLUS 2/3 of congress

On what ground are term limits unconstitutional if they are in place for presidents?

Post Thanks / Like

On what ground are term limits unconstitutional if they are in place for presidents?
    its an amendment, the 22nd

in the mid 90`s the scotus determined term limits for senators, etc, unconstitutional
    not enumerated in the constitution
    need an amendment
    ////AMG

Post Thanks / Like

As the days pass and more things come to light, it appears that there needs to be a serious look at what happens when we want to look the other way.

https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2...-by-this-show/

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...-consequences/

These policies, mostly based on liberal thought that the justice system is racist and unproportionately goes after people of color, is what seems to be treating these kids with kid gloves.

Just spoke to a drill instructor yesterday who brought his car in from a local base. He can no longer get in the face of these young men who may one day go into battle. He can be written up if he uses foul language or if a cadet feels he is being picked on. Seems everyone allowed this kid to fall thru some horrible cracks.

Tell me where I am wrong.

Anthony
    "The Art & Science of Auto Detail"
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

As the days pass and more things come to light, it appears that there needs to be a serious look at what happens when we want to look the other way.

https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2...-by-this-show/

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...-consequences/

These policies, mostly based on liberal thought that the justice system is racist and unproportionately goes after people of color, is what seems to be treating these kids with kid gloves.

Just spoke to a drill instructor yesterday who brought his car in from a local base. He can no longer get in the face of these young men who may one day go into battle. He can be written up if he uses foul language or if a cadet feels he is being picked on. Seems everyone allowed this kid to fall thru some horrible cracks.

Tell me where I am wrong.

Anthony
    everywhere
    quit judging, if I didn`t know better I would think you are `elevating` your beliefs above those of others, like an `elitist`

relax, you`ll blow a gasket
    ////AMG

Post Thanks / Like

...Tell me where I am wrong.
    Nope.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by artm3 View Post
    everywhere
    quit judging, if I didn`t know better I would think you are `elevating` your beliefs above those of others, like an `elitist`

relax, you`ll blow a gasket
    Youre really gonna tell me that the touchy-wouchy sensitive please dont hurt my feelings society weve become is positive progress?

Whatever happened to “sticks and stones may break my bones...” and all that?
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Page 78 of 107 FirstFirst ... 286465666768697071727374757677787980818283848586878889909192 ... LastLast

Thread Information