Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Unofficial *Official* Politics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by notime View Post
    By `we` you`re referring to some small sect of the population you associate with?

I think I`m familiar with every president for the last century enough to say that the only two who can seriously be argued as `trying` to destroy (YOUR derogatory term for change) the country as most Americans know it is the present one or Roosevelt.

Using your term - destroy. I wouldn`t say that was Roosevelt`s intent. Trump... the way he`s attacked various departments, the FBI, and the free press. It might fit.
    Obviously, you weren`t paying attention for the last 8 years. Our Government is supposed to be
    By the people
    For the People
    Of the People.

Not dictate. Not hijack 1/6 of the economy and them mandate you buy from whom the dictate. Not destroy businesses because they don`t like them, or blame the US for everything that`s wrong in the world. Don`t give up everything that our citizens have worked for, and don`t give authority to an outside body.

I`m too old and weak to give lessons in this stuff, since it is so recent. PAY ATTENTION you should have been appalled.
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

But I will say, I did appreciate the pregnancy benefit on my healthcare plan.
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

But don`t understand why I gotta pay for other guys wives/girlfriends birth control.....

Can someone explain that for me ?!?!?!?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    Obviously, you weren`t paying attention for the last 8 years. Our Government is supposed to be
    By the people
    For the People
    Of the People.

Not dictate. Not hijack 1/6 of the economy and them mandate you buy from whom the dictate. Not destroy businesses because they don`t like them, or blame the US for everything that`s wrong in the world. Don`t give up everything that our citizens have worked for, and don`t give authority to an outside body.

I`m too old and weak to give lessons in this stuff, since it is so recent. PAY ATTENTION you should have been appalled.
    I paid enough attention to know that what you just posted is little more than the rant of someone that didn`t pay attention to anyone other than a select group of media who told him what they wanted him to hear. And you bought it. You`ve been played. I know you can`t see it. You won`t allow yourself to see the truth, so you can`t.

Someone close to me is the same way - just the other side of the spectrum.

Follow the double deviants (That`s a Bell Curve reference) of the world without questioning enough and and you lose touch with the truth.
    Likes LashingStanley liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

But don`t understand why I gotta pay for other guys wives/girlfriends birth control.....

Can someone explain that for me ?!?!?!?
    Sure I can. It`s called living in a society under a democracy. Most everybody ends up paying for some things they don`t want or would prefer weren`t funded.

The truth is pretty easy when you leave yourself open to it.

Post Thanks / Like

I paid enough attention to know that what you just posted is little more than the rant of someone that didn`t pay attention to anyone other than a select group of media who told him what they wanted him to hear. And you bought it. You`ve been played. I know you can`t see it. You won`t allow yourself to see the truth, so you can`t.

My wife`s the same way - just the other side of the spectrum.

Follow the double deviants (That`s a Bell Curve reference) of the world without questioning enough and and you lose touch with the truth.
    Actually I paid attention to
    Civics 101

Post Thanks / Like

Sure I can. It`s called living in a society under a democracy. Most everybody ends up paying for some things they don`t want or would prefer weren`t funded.

The truth is pretty easy when you leave yourself open to it.

Actually it was living under what nancy Pelosi would call a "super majority" not "democracy......

Please remember, we live in a representative republic, not a democracy...........

Yes the truth is easy when you leave yourself open to it.

Did you get to keep your Doctor ?!?!?!?

Post Thanks / Like

This is the second reminder in a couple of pages. Please keep the directed personal posts out of this thread. There are ways things can be said without the assumption that you know what others are like or what they are thinking. These types of threads can get out of hand in the matter of a few posts. There has been a good deal of leniency allowed in this thread since it’s beginning, for the most part it has been a lot of fun and I’m sure that many have had their minds stretched a bit by what has been written and how others think.

Many have commented how other forums can’t have these types of discussions without them blowing up. To this point, we’ve been successful in proving them wrong. This thread will only continue while the discussion is civil. You may post your opinion on political topics, you may not post your opinion of what you assume about someone else or take cheap shots at what they’ve written. It simply isn’t necessary. For those that follow the thread it’s easy enough for anyone to form their own opinion without accusations or bickering. Several of the last posts in this thread are heading in a bad direction. Take a look at what you’ve written, make sure it isn’t your posts. If your posts are directed at an individual as opposed to a statement that the general populous can absorb it may be problematic.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Thanks LashingStanley thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Huh, was just watching that same footage on TV.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GearHead_1 View Post
    Huh, was just watching that same footage on TV.
    It came on a min after I posted it here

Post Thanks / Like

It came on a min after I posted it here
    Must be watching the same channel.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GearHead_1 View Post
    Must be watching the same channel.
    yep

I wasn`t going to allow myself to be stereotyped.........

Post Thanks / Like

Tomi Lahren -

To the Dems skipping #sotu tonight, you’ve proven you are more infatuated with your anti-Trump beef and illegal immigrant coddling than you are the country and the American people who elected you!!

Post Thanks / Like

Along with no less than 5 democratic rebuttals............

um yeah, they`re united

Page 58 of 107 FirstFirst ... 84445464748495051525354555657585960616263646566676869707172 ... LastLast

Thread Information