NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Unofficial *Official* Politics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by LashingStanley View Post
    Dan,

First of all, I`d genuinely like to compliment you on sticking to your guns. You`re a man of conviction and I think that`s pretty neat.

Secondly, I know that "going down this road with you" won`t be easy, but if you`ll give me a sec to slip on my favorite pair of crazy-pants I`ll give
    it the old college try.

I`m pretty sure you`re referring to the aid package sent to Egypt which was NOT the same as giving it to the Muslim Brotherhood. It was an ongoing aid package that we had been giving to Egypt since 1979.

President Obama was accused of many things, but despite what you read on Snopes late at night, or what you remember seeing in the weekly email chain your church sent out, allegations that Obama secretly practiced Islam or that he`s the antichrist were nothing more than radical conspiracy theories that were dispelled nearly as fast as they were generated.

-Matt
    Matt --

Thank you for your post.. I really appreciate your kind words..

What started all of this was what Charles Sykes wrote way, way, back there, and my expressed feelings for that..
    I had an issue with him and thought no more of it.. I apologize that this post struck a chord in you..

Yes, I am a man of very strong convictions, having spent the majority of my life working hard, and serving others..
    And along the way as time wore my rough spots down, I even became a lot wiser..

It would be great for you to not assume what I read at night, and I will not assume what you read either, ok ?
    By the way, I never read snopes..

Rather than get into another contest on what is the truth and what is not, can we please be free to express our thoughts, opinions, feelings, etc., about this topic - all topics, and be ok about it ??

That is all I ever wanted to do here..

For sure, even as diverse we all are in our thoughts, opinions, beliefs that came with our upbringing, individual, wonderful, and not-so-wonderful experiences, can we please agree to be at least united as the greatest group of men and women that have ever been on one Forum in the history of Detailing Forums ??

What I think about most when I think about everyone on here, is how wonderful it would be to have any of you as neighbors and friends.
    Wouldn`t it lovely to invite you guys over and cook up some great steaks from Omaha !
    And later when the women are all talking away in the kitchen, we go out to the garage and do a little Team Detail on your car...

More than anything, would love to get together with any of you and just sit at the table and reason together as men and women..

What do you think, Matt ?
    Dan F
    Likes Ronkh, trashmanssd liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stokdgs View Post
    Matt --

Thank you for your post.. I really appreciate your kind words..

What started all of this was what Charles Sykes wrote way, way, back there, and my expressed feelings for that..
    I had an issue with him and thought no more of it.. I apologize that this post struck a chord in you..

Yes, I am a man of very strong convictions, having spent the majority of my life working hard, and serving others..
    And along the way as time wore my rough spots down, I even became a lot wiser..

It would be great for you to not assume what I read at night, and I will not assume what you read either, ok ?
    By the way, I never read snopes..

Rather than get into another contest on what is the truth and what is not, can we please be free to express our thoughts, opinions, feelings, etc., about this topic - all topics, and be ok about it ??

That is all I ever wanted to do here..

For sure, even as diverse we all are in our thoughts, opinions, beliefs that came with our upbringing, individual, wonderful, and not-so-wonderful experiences, can we please agree to be at least united as the greatest group of men and women that have ever been on one Forum in the history of Detailing Forums ??

What I think about most when I think about everyone on here, is how wonderful it would be to have any of you as neighbors and friends.
    Wouldn`t it lovely to invite you guys over and cook up some great steaks from Omaha !
    And later when the women are all talking away in the kitchen, we go out to the garage and do a little Team Detail on your car...

More than anything, would love to get together with any of you and just sit at the table and reason together as men and women..

What do you think, Matt ?
    Dan F
    I had a professor in college that I had the utmost respect for. We were having a pretty heated debate on a polarizing political issue and one of my classmates got really upset and said "they shouldn`t be allowed to say that, it`s offensive!"

I`ll never forget my professors response. He said, "If you don`t read, hear, or see something that offends you on a daily basis, chances are, you`re not living in a free society."

No matter how much I may disagree with your comments or how much they offend me, I`m just thankfully we both have the freedom to exercise our first amendment rights and that even people who have completely different beliefs, values, and opinions are able to find common ground when it comes to detailing.

So yes, we`re good boss.

-Matt
    Likes trashmanssd, Ronkh, Stokdgs, rlmccarty2000 liked this post
    Thanks Ronkh thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I had a professor in college that I had the utmost respect for. We were having a pretty heated debate on a polarizing political issue and one of my classmates got really upset and said "they shouldn`t be allowed to say that, it`s offensive!"

I`ll never forget my professors response. He said, "If you don`t read, hear, or see something that offends you on a daily basis, chances are, you`re not living in a free society."

No matter how much I may disagree with your comments or how much they offend me, I`m just thankfully we both have the freedom to exercise our first amendment rights and that even people who have completely different beliefs, values, and opinions are able to find common ground when it comes to detailing.

So yes, we`re good boss.

-Matt
    Having people in positions of power actively trying to weaken the US while empowering people who kill Christians, kill ```s, treat women like dogs, if that is what you mean by “ that offends me” then your part of the problem.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JBM View Post
    Having people in positions of power actively trying to weaken the US while empowering people who kill Christians, kill ```s, treat women like dogs, if that is what you mean by “ that offends me” then your part of the problem.
    That`s quite a stretch to get to your post from what Matt posted. Did you ever consider that `the problem` might be people posting with closed minds and a lot of bias? Or maybe the problem is too many of you guys thinking your `side` is right just because you`re the good guys. You might want to consider that there are a lot of good people outside of your group too.

Just one more example of how anyone who follows either `side` without paying attention to what others are saying is ultimately being a pawn for their `side`. And, it`s that type of thinking that has always hurt this country the most.

Oh, before anyone one roasts me, be advised that me and JBM probably share some concerns about certain people. We just disagree about the best method to make this a better world.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by notime View Post
    That`s quite a stretch to get to your post from what Matt posted. Did you ever consider that `the problem` might be people posting with closed minds and a lot of bias? Or maybe the problem is too many of you guys thinking your `side` is right just because you`re the good guys. You might want to consider that there are a lot of good people outside of your group too.

Just one more example of how anyone who follows either `side` without paying attention to what others are saying is ultimately being a pawn for their `side`. And, it`s that type of thinking that has always hurt this country the most.

Oh, before anyone one roasts me, be advised that me and JBM probably share some concerns about certain people. We just disagree about the best method to make this a better world.
    Well, my side is anyone who protects and enforces the Constitution. Everyone else is not in harmony with American values and shouldn’t get the support of Americans who believe the constitution is the law of the land. It’s really that simple.
    Likes GearHead_1, Ronkh, Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Well, my side is anyone who protects and enforces the Constitution. Everyone else is not in harmony with American values and shouldn’t get the support of Americans who believe the constitution is the law of the land. It’s really that simple.
    Haven’t heard it said any better anywhere.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Likes JBM, Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Yikes,

I spoke up because l took offense to what I believe was a misinformed accusation of Obama`s spiritual beliefs. Like I said, I`ve always completely understood and empathized with those who disagreed with President Obama`s policy and actions while in office. But I also believe, like me, Obama was a patriot who did what he *thought*was best and he tried to hold himself to a moral standard.
    Likes DBAILEY liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

"The difference between Patriotism and Nationalism is that the patriot is proud of his country for what it does, and the nationalist is proud of his country no matter what it does; the first attitude creates a feeling of responsibility, but the second a feeling of blind arrogance that leads to war." -Syndey J. Harris
    Likes DBAILEY liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Yikes,

I spoke up because l took offense to what I believe was a misinformed accusation of Obama`s spiritual beliefs. Like I said, I`ve always completely understood and empathized with those who disagreed with President Obama`s policy and actions while in office. But I also believe, like me, Obama was a patriot who did what he *thought*was best and he tried to hold himself to a moral standard.
    Obama tried to destroy this country as we know it.
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!
    Likes JBM, Stokdgs liked this post
    Thanks BadgerRivFan thanked for this post
    Dislikes DBAILEY disliked this post

Post Thanks / Like

As each day goes by, I come to understand more clearly...Roger Ailes was a frigging genius!
    Likes Ronkh, LashingStanley liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

LOL. Some things never change.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Likes GearHead_1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    People may not like the comment, but it`s 100% true. Even O said he wanted "Hope & Change" He tried to "change" the US to his "vision" and what he thought.

Example........ Those jobs are never going to come back. (etc garbage)
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bunky View Post
    LOL. Some things never change.
    And some do. you don`t come around much and try to challenge.....

Post Thanks / Like

It`s hard for me to comment not having read enough of your posts to know what you consider your `side` to be. But, no it`s not that simple. And just for a bit of clarity, why do you feel the need to be part of a side. Isn`t just standing up for what `you` believe in enough?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    By `we` you`re referring to some small sect of the population you associate with?

I think I`m familiar with every president for the last century enough to say that the only two who can seriously be argued as `trying` to destroy (YOUR derogatory term for change) the country as most Americans know it is the present one or Roosevelt.

Using your term - destroy. I wouldn`t say that was Roosevelt`s intent. Trump... the way he`s attacked various departments, the FBI, and the free press. It might fit.

Page 57 of 107 FirstFirst ... 74344454647484950515253545556575859606162636465666768697071 ... LastLast

Thread Information