Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Unofficial *Official* Politics Thread

https://twitter.com/AriFleischer/status/939507480882765827

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by House of Wax View Post
    https://twitter.com/brithume/status/939507985121980416

Deep in this story we learn that top Mueller aide Andrew Weissmann, who was then head of the Justice dept fraud section, attended HRC’s election-night party in NY. Now he’s investigating the man who beat HRC.

This whole thing is a joke and needs to be blown up and done with
    I guess by that logic judges can`t try cases...because clearly they personally, would have to agree with one side or the other, which would make them biased against the other side, and unable to render a fair judgment. And then also we really can`t have any sort of criminal justice system anymore, because clearly, according to your logic, all jurors are going to have a bias. And surely we can`t have any law enforcement officers, because if they have any political, national, ethnic, religious, or other biases, they won`t be able to do their job properly, so I guess all we`re left with is anarchy.

Or is it possible that people, whether they be judges, jurors, policemen, or even, God forbid, members of Mueller`s team, can put aside their personal biases and do their jobs based on the facts and merits thereof? I feel like I`m listening to a discussion at the kid`s table.
    Likes DBAILEY, pwaug liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

@Setec Astronomy, while I understand your point, any of the examples you have given are instances where biases are evident and easy to see. We all have our own biases, it’s almost impossible to find someone who is an absolute neurtral. It’s nice to believe that people can flip a switch and turn it on and off but I honestly don’t believe it’s that easy. Jury selection is nothing more that trying to find someone who thinks the way you do. The best we can do is try to avoid the glaring examples that show in a person’s life and hope that integrity exists. Are the examples listed above glaring? I’m sure there are as many yes responses as there are no’s. Yeah, I have been known to sit at the Thanksgiving kids table.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

So many of you are men of faith, yet you seem to have no faith in humanity. So many of you are quick to jump in when a story surfaces about a cop shooting someone, that there are a few bad apples, who are not representative of LEO`s in general. But a Mueller aide, who, let`s say, is unable to control his biases, makes "the whole thing a joke"? Couldn`t that be one bad apple, and not representative of the whole bunch?

I seem to remember some liberal President calling the Soviet Union the "evil empire", and had a motto about "trust but verify". I`m sorry, but until this whole thing with the Russians shakes out, I`m going to side with that liberal President...his name was Ronald Reagan.
    Likes pwaug, DBAILEY liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

There might be a little more faith in the process if his whole team wasn`t staffed with dem supporters, some specifically against the sitting POTUS. You know, kinda like how both sides get to interview potential jurors before they agree/select them.

I`ll leave a seat open for ya at the adult`s table
    www.facebook.com/houseofwaxdetailing
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

And it always makes it easier when you`ve got the American propoganda machine in your back pocket:

https://theintercept.com/2017/12/09/...what-happened/
    Likes Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by House of Wax View Post
    There might be a little more faith in the process if his whole team wasn`t staffed with dem supporters, some specifically against the sitting POTUS. You know, kinda like how both sides get to interview potential jurors before they agree/select them.
    Well, then you can take solace in the fact that anyone indicted by his team is going to get a trial where there will be voir dire of the jurors. Were you this concerned about him when he was head of the FBI for 12 years? Maybe I just had my head in an engine compartment, but I don`t remember 12 years of witch hunting complaints. I mean he was appointed FBI director by Bush, and he was chosen to be Special Counsel by a deputy at the justice dept. that was appointed by Trump, so it`s not like a bunch of "dem supporters" put him where he is. Any judges or jurors won`t be part of "his team" if it comes to that...and anyway, anyone who hasn`t broken any laws doesn`t have anything to worry about, right?

Oh, PS: I learned the term "voir dire" in a movie called "My Cousin Vinnie"; the story of a ballsy New Yorker triumphing over an over-zealous proscecutor...perhaps a corollary to the Donald Trump/Robert Mueller showdown. If I were you I`d have faith in Fred Gwynne...or as I like to think of him...Herman Munster.
    Likes DBAILEY, pwaug liked this post

Keep the Blues Alive! BadgerRivFan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    he was chosen to be Special Counsel by a deputy at the justice dept. that was appointed by Trump, so it`s not like a bunch of "dem supporters" put him where he is.
    Sorry, but that is wrong. Mueller was appointed by Deputy AG Rod Rosenstein who is an Obama holdover and someone (like Mueller) who couldn`t be any more "deep state." Dude belongs in prison for his role in the Uranium One debacle.
    Al S.

​"Blues done made me wild... got deep down in my soul"
    - Buddy Guy
    Likes House of Wax, danlc95 liked this post
    Thanks House of Wax thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BadgerRivFan View Post
    Sorry, but that is wrong. Mueller was appointed by Deputy AG Rod Rosenstein who is an Obama holdover and someone (like Mueller) who couldn`t be any more "deep state." Dude belongs in prison for his role in the Uranium One debacle.
    Well, I`m sorry, but that is wrong. Rosenstein was appointed US Attorney by George W. Bush. He was nominated as Deputy AG by Donald Trump, and approved by the current Republican-controlled senate. If he`s a deep state operative, then the Republican party, including the current leadership, isn`t doing a very good job at reining in the deep state, and Bannon wasn`t watching what Trump was doing when he was picking deputies to the Cabinet members.
    Likes LashingStanley liked this post

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    So many of you are men of faith, yet you seem to have no faith in humanity. So many of you are quick to jump in when a story surfaces about a cop shooting someone, that there are a few bad apples, who are not representative of LEO`s in general. But a Mueller aide, who, let`s say, is unable to control his biases, makes "the whole thing a joke"? Couldn`t that be one bad apple, and not representative of the whole bunch?

I seem to remember some liberal President calling the Soviet Union the "evil empire", and had a motto about "trust but verify". I`m sorry, but until this whole thing with the Russians shakes out, I`m going to side with that liberal President...his name was Ronald Reagan.

I am a man of great Faith and have seen that Faith do wonders to help my fellow man.. And I have not lost one whit of Faith in humanity..

I am glad you are siding with former President Ronald Reagan -- here is what he once said regarding the Savior ----

Ronald Reagan on the divinity of Christ

In a March 1978 letter to a liberal Methodist minister who expressed doubts about Christ’s divinity—and accused the then future President Reagan (born 100 years ago this month) of a “limited Sunday school level theology”—Reagan responded:

Perhaps it is true that Jesus never used the word ‘Messiah’ with regard to himself (although I’m not sure that he didn’t) but in John 1, 10 and 14 he identifies himself pretty definitely and more than once. Is there really any ambiguity in his words: ‘I am the way, the truth and the life: no man cometh unto the Father but by me?’… In John 10 he says, ‘I am in the Father and the Father in me.’ And he makes reference to being with God, ‘before the world was,’ and sitting on the ‘right hand of God.’…
    These and other statements he made about himself, foreclose in my opinion, any question as to his divinity. It doesn’t seem to me that he gave us any choice; either he was what he said he was or he was the world’s greatest liar. It is impossible for me to believe a liar or charlatan could have had the effect on mankind that he has had for 2000 years. We could ask, would even the greatest of liars carry his lie through the crucifixion, when a simple confession would have saved him? … Did he allow us the choice you say that you and others have made, to believe in his teachings but reject his statements about his own identity? [Note that Reagan is using C.S. Lewis’s famous ‘liar, lord or lunatic’ trilemma argument]
    I still can’t help wondering how we can explain away what to me is the greatest miracle of all and which is recorded in history. No one denies there was such a man, that he lived and that he was put to death by crucifixion. Where … is the miracle I spoke of? Well consider this and let your imagination translate the story into our own time—possibly to your own home town. A young man whose father is a carpenter grows up working in his father’ shop. One day he puts down his tools and walks out of his father’s shop. He starts preaching on street corners and in the nearby countryside, walking from place to place, preaching all the while, even though he is not an ordained minister. He never gets farther than an area perhaps 100 miles wide at the most. He does this for three years. Then he is arrested, tried and convicted. There is no court of appeal, so he is executed at age 33 along with two common thieves. Those in charge of his execution roll dice to see who gets his clothing—the only possessions he has. His family cannot afford a burial place for him so he is interred in a borrowed tomb. End of story? No, this uneducated, property-less young man has, for 2,000 years, had a greater effect on the world than all the rulers, kings, emperors; all the conquerors, generals and admirals, all the scholars, scientists and philosophers who have ever lived—all of them put together. How do we explain that—unless He really was what He said He was?

Reference
    Ronald Reagan, cited in Paul Kengor, God and Ronald Reagan: A Spiritual Life, pp. 127–128, Harper, 4004

Dan F
    Likes Tc99m, rlmccarty2000 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes trashmanssd liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

https://www.dailywire.com/news/24643...mpression=true

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes danlc95 liked this post

Page 54 of 107 FirstFirst ... 44041424344454647484950515253545556575859606162636465666768104 ... LastLast

Thread Information