Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Unofficial *Official* Politics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    Especially when they shut down liberal garbage.

Post Thanks / Like

I`m not met with the "warm fuzzies" over these particular Goldman Sachs agents in the White House - Gary Cohn, and Dina Powell..

Ned Ryun: Trump WH Breaking into Two Factions -- National Populists vs. Liberal NYC Democrats

Post Thanks / Like

Have we ever had a President that relied so much on his family for policy? I`m not saying it`s a bad thing necessarily. His family seems to have better values than he does. It`s just strange to me. Trump`s son-in-law and his daughter have a lot of sway in the White House. It`s got to be stressful to think about firing your family. The Federal Government has rules against nepotism, but there are also rules about the president making money from his position. This is not singling out Trump because I believe most presidents make money off their position. He may finally make enough money to actually pay taxes. Lol.

Post Thanks / Like

I think he has his family around him since he does not trust others and less likely to listen to others. He probably think they have agendas and full of it -- more seeing a reflection of himself. So. despite all the conflicts of interest. it may be for the best.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jrock645 View Post
    We only "lost" Vietnam because there was nothing to "win" so we quit. The fallacy of Vietnam wasn`t the bombing, it was the lies invented to get us in there in the first place.
    The "losers" were the soldiers and their friends and families and maybe the country as a whole. The real "winners" were the industrial war machine that still thrives today. A "good" war is good for the economy. The need for a large standing army is less than it ever has been, but we keep increasing the defense budget and very few ask why. Both Hillary and Donald said they would increase military spending and no one said anything. I`m not sure what those Tomahawk missiles cost for us to "show" Assad we mean business, but I`m sure the money could have been better spent on jobs and to fix crumbling infrastructure. If we really wanted to show Assad we were serious we should have dropped a few on his palace.
    Likes jrock645 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    The "losers" were the soldiers and their friends and families and maybe the country as a whole. The real "winners" were the industrial war machine that still thrives today. A "good" war is good for the economy. The need for a large standing army is less than it ever has been, but we keep increasing the defense budget and very few ask why. Both Hillary and Donald said they would increase military spending and no one said anything. I`m not sure what those Tomahawk missiles cost for us to "show" Assad we mean business, but I`m sure the money could have been better spent on jobs and to fix crumbling infrastructure. If we really wanted to show Assad we were serious we should have dropped a few on his palace.
    Yeah, Id have preferred we just sent in Recon or Delta and ended his regime quietly by guys trained to get in and get out without anyone knowing they were there in the first place. Then again, I kinda say screw the entire middle east- let them blow each other up. We try to help but were imevitably hated for it. Nobody wins.

Post Thanks / Like

That was when we stopped fighting to win.
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

That was when we stopped fighting to win.
    Exactly. Changing of the guard at general, and ignoring body counts basically destroyed the effort. Despite being outnumbered, Marines were posting 5-1 body count rates. You can`t tell a Marine we weren`t winning in Vietnam. With numbers like that, and territory not being something that could be declared, what more could they have possibly done? It wasn`t even close. We just quit. Then again, we had no real reason to be there to begin with.

Post Thanks / Like

Like it or not we will always be the worlds policeman until we can remove long range balistic missles and the nuclear option from the madmen the Obama administration left in power. These guys have run amuck for the last 8 years and have viewed us a weak or afraid so they got wilder and more demonic. Going as far as to use chemical weapons on their own citizens.

Our biggest problem is our relations with Russia are strained and not it seems we are on opposite sides of this Syrian conflict. That is the real issue. If the US and Russia get into it, I`m not sure what the world looks like after that.

Not saying our military isn`t the greatest in the world but even if you win a war of that scale what is the final Price your pay in lives, damage and yeah cost.

The Middle East has always been a hot bed but israel and the US along with the OPEC nations have been able to keep things in check. Now that the crazy leaders have strengthened themselves due to bad peacekeeping deals or just by plain ignoring problems they did what they always do get worse. The can was kicked down the road and now it needs to be felt with.

Good luck to all of us. Tuff decisions ahead and I hope we can either broker a Ceice fire or get Russia to work with us in Syria. Not sure what they really want over there other than expansion of reach like they did several years ago.
    Likes Ronkh, rlmccarty2000 liked this post
    Thanks Ronkh thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Obama & the Russians got rid of the chem weapons, so how did this happen ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Gee, I wonder if Iran got rid of all their nuke ambitions O told us they did.

Post Thanks / Like

Obama & the Russians got rid of the chem weapons, so how did this happen ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Gee, I wonder if Iran got rid of all their nuke ambitions O told us they did.
    Amazing that we basically gave Iran $400m for no reason, like "here, I dunno what to do with all this so just take it."

Post Thanks / Like

amazing that we basically gave iran $400m for no reason, like "here, i dunno what to do with all this so just take it."
    m ???

Post Thanks / Like

m ???
    It appears Obama made deals where we gave and got nothing in return. We apparently got nothing done in Syria despite all of O`s rhetoric about not needing air strikes because diplomacy got it done. We gave Iran $400m, wonder what we actually got for our $400m.

Post Thanks / Like

It appears Obama made deals where we gave and got nothing in return. We apparently got nothing done in Syria despite all of O`s rhetoric about not needing air strikes because diplomacy got it done. We gave Iran $400m, wonder what we actually got for our $400m.
    More like 150 billion

Page 27 of 107 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930313233343536373839404177 ... LastLast

Thread Information