Page 102 of 107 FirstFirst ... 252888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106107 LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 1596
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Unofficial *Official* Politics Thread

So none of this is a big deal since it didn`t work?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I don`t know who that is. Either way, what you`re suggesting is, and I guess it`s true, is that we are already living in a police state, where "facts" are not objective things, they are what people make up, whether it`s law enforcement or suspects. God help us all.

Post Thanks / Like

I cannot even fathom the full scale meltdown if this report came out with the FBI targeting Obama or Clinton

www.facebook.com/houseofwaxdetailing
    Likes Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    I don`t know who that is. Either way, what you`re suggesting is, and I guess it`s true, is that we are already living in a police state, where "facts" are not objective things, they are what people make up, whether it`s law enforcement or suspects. God help us all.
    You are right, this type of behavior is unacceptable regardless of who it`s targeted towards.

Post Thanks / Like

Buy your Griots polishers now while they are cheap! Trump just imposed a 25% tariff on imported Chinese goods. The article I read did not get into specifics of what Chinese goods would receive the tariff. I wonder why he chose 25% and not 100%? I guess the new iPhone will be $1250 instead of $1000. No upgrade for me this year. This should drive down the stock prices of companies that depend on China for imports.

I’m for a free market system, but China has been stealing technology for decades and nothing has been done about it. China keeps promising to do something about piracy and theft of intellectual property but in actuality they do nothing. I find nothing objectionable about a tariff to get China’s attention. I do have a problem with insulting our allies like Canada over dairy and claiming “national security “ issues. There is a difference. I also do not think the president should have the power to put tariffs in place. It’s just too much responsibility for one person. Someone said enjoy your tax break, the upcoming increases on consumer goods will wipe out that tax break quickly.

Post Thanks / Like

Ive heard nothing but criticism about the stuff with China. I get it, but I think we all agree that we have a bad deal with China. They have unfair labor practices which make their costs impossibly low. They steal, and they cheat. We all agree on that. We also all agree that China has paid lip service but made no changes. While Trumps tarriffs might have problems at least its an attempt to force change. Ive yet to see any of the talking heads suggest a better idea. Where I come from, the worst action is inaction, and at least Trump is trying.
    2018 Acura TLX ASpec
    Likes rlmccarty2000, House of Wax liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/...mpression=true

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jrock645 View Post
    Ive heard nothing but criticism about the stuff with China. I get it, but I think we all agree that we have a bad deal with China. They have unfair labor practices which make their costs impossibly low. They steal, and they cheat. We all agree on that. We also all agree that China has paid lip service but made no changes. While Trumps tarriffs might have problems at least its an attempt to force change. Ive yet to see any of the talking heads suggest a better idea. Where I come from, the worst action is inaction, and at least Trump is trying.
    You mean we have a bad deal with ourselves. Name one Chinese brand that`s sold here, you can`t because there aren`t any (oh wait, there`s ZTE, which I never heard of until a month ago). It`s the American companies that have chosen to make/have their products made in China, including purportedly, Trump ties. As Pogo said, "we have met the enemy, and he is us".

Post Thanks / Like

You mean we have a bad deal with ourselves. Name one Chinese brand that`s sold here, you can`t because there aren`t any (oh wait, there`s ZTE, which I never heard of until a month ago). It`s the American companies that have chosen to make/have their products made in China, including purportedly, Trump ties. As Pogo said, "we have met the enemy, and he is us".
    China also charges lower taxes, which is why businesses want to operate there. Meanwhile, every time a republican tries to keep businesses here via globally competitive corporate tax rates, liberals have a fit.
    2018 Acura TLX ASpec

Post Thanks / Like

Save the Money!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jrock645 View Post
    China also charges lower taxes, which is why businesses want to operate there. Meanwhile, every time a republican tries to keep businesses here via globally competitive corporate tax rates, liberals have a fit.
    Key word--WANT--they don`t HAVE to.

Post Thanks / Like

Who is advising Trump on trade? He doesn’t read books. Is he just a one man wrecking crew? I can’t find anything anywhere.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    Who is advising Trump on trade? He doesn’t read books. Is he just a one man wrecking crew? I can’t find anything anywhere.
    Larry Kudlow.
    Thanks rlmccarty2000 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Larry Kudlow.
    I just googled him. It says he has been in the hospital with a heart attack. Trump must have rode him hard.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    I just googled him. It says he has been in the hospital with a heart attack. Trump must have rode him hard.
    I guess you missed it, he was on the Sunday shows acting in a manner that people who know him said was out of character for him, then he had the heart attack after. You connect the dots...oh, you already did.
    Likes rlmccarty2000 liked this post

Page 102 of 107 FirstFirst ... 252888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106107 LastLast

Thread Information