Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Any bourbon/whiskey drinkers here?

I love a good sippin whiskey myself. I have tried the cheap and the high dollar and you don`t always get what you pay for. For affordable with excellent taste and smoothness I highly recommend the powers John lanes release. It is a Irish whiskey which are triple distilled which imo makes it smoother than American based whiskey and bourbon. If you get the chance to try some Jameson rarest vintage reserve do yourself the favor, it is crazy rare and expensive but is truly a dream. This is my kind of thread my whiskey cabinet is out of room and I have been out on a spending freeze by the boss unfortunately

Post Thanks / Like

Dwhite0906- Welcome to Autopia!

I don`t think I`ve ever had an Irish that I liked...wonder whether it`s a matter of not trying the right one(s) or just not liking the taste.
    Likes jimhanus liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Dwhite0906- Welcome to Autopia!

I don`t think I`ve ever had an Irish that I liked...wonder whether it`s a matter of not trying the right one(s) or just not liking the taste.
    thats terrible to hear lol. I love Irish I have had some I could care less for as well. Let me know what you have tried and I`ll give my opinion if it`s better you stay away or try something new. I love a good drink before bed after a long day

Post Thanks / Like

Scotch, 99% of the time I drink Glenlivet 15. Special occasions Glenlivet 21. When I do drink Bourbon its usually at my son in laws and he drinks Blantons(sp) and on really special occasions, such as the case of my first grandson(his first child) he pulled out Pappy van winkle 20 which was really smooth. That stuff is really hard to get-at least up here but he was able to get a bottle

Each his own, I still like malt scotch.
    Thanks
    Bill G

1972 Buick GS Stage 1
    1 of 728 made
    1 of 1 SCO color combo

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dwhite0960 View Post
    ... Let me know what you have tried and I`ll give my opinion if it`s better you stay away or try something new. I love a good drink before bed after a long day
    It was something from Bushmills (wouldn`t surprise me if their stuff is swill).

Eh, I just don`t drink whiskey the way I did when I was younger...really only have it between Thanksgiving and New Year`s unless somebody of significance to me dies. Otherwise it`s all Vodka or Champagne, maybe some of my wife`s cheapo Pinot Noir with a meal now and then.

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=Accumulator;2094657]
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwhite0960 View Post
    ... Let me know what you have tried and I`ll give my opinion if it`s better you stay away or try something new. I love a good drink before bed after a long day[/QUOTE

It was something from Bushmills (wouldn`t surprise me if their stuff is swill).

Eh, I just don`t drink whiskey the way I did when I was younger...really only have it between Thanksgiving and New Year`s unless somebody of significance to me dies. Otherwise it`s all Vodka or Champagne, maybe some of my wife`s cheapo Pinot Noir with a meal now and then.

Bushmills makes some fair drinks but they are the upper priced options, the cheap stuff reminds me of old no.7 as it has to much heat on the way down. I typically stick around the 50-60 Rangel per 750 bottle. If it`s cheaper than that it`s going to be spicy and good for mixing with coke imo.

Post Thanks / Like

dWhite0960- Actually I gather it was one of their better ones, the implication was that it cost a bundle and it must`ve been way over that $50-60. Eh, different people like different stuff.

Heh heh, you think Jack #7 has the Heat you oughta try some of the rotgut whiskeys I had as a kid! I gauge #7 as pretty mild going down.

Heh heh#2, I bet the only Whiskey-based mixed-drink I`ve had since...oh, being of legal drinking age and that was `81...are Mint Julips.

Post Thanks / Like

Not a huge Irish fan- not my whiskey of preference- but I`ve always preferred Jameson to Bushmills. Never sought out the top shelf Irish, though. I`d like to try some, just not in a hurry to pay for a whole bottle of it.

When I landed my current job, I celebrated with I think(can`t recall exactly) an 18 year Glenmorangie. Delicious.

Post Thanks / Like

Just tried my first Old Fashioned.......

Post Thanks / Like

Unfortunately I have to enjoy vodka and gin because the brown liquors are big migraine triggers. However, I was (am) a fan of Macallan 12 year, and it`s not too expensive, especially since 750ml would last me months.

Post Thanks / Like

Since my last post I picked up Johnny Walker Blue Label last fall. Talk about a waste of money and the saying you don`t always get what you pay for comes to mind. Overpriced and has a burnt cask aftertaste. Not sure what I will do with that. The bottle of Glenfiddich is still aging in the cupboard.

I have also picked up a bottle of Jameson 18 year old Limited Reserve last summer. Actually just had to go pour up a glass.

Of the few bottles I have bought I would say the Jameson Gold is a nice to sip on and easier on the pocket book.

For mixing I like the regular Jameson now as I used to use Lord Calvert. For a brandy mix I like E&J VSOP and Pepsi.
    Dean.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by House of Wax View Post
    Just tried my first Old Fashioned.......
    I highly recommend a Manhattan! I`ve settled on making it with Makers Mark, although Knob Creek is an excellent mixer. Been wanting to try it with some Rye, but haven`t had the chance. Every once in a while I`ll make it with dry vermouth instead of sweet red. Excellent drink mixed either way.
    2022 Toyota Tacoma TRD OR 4x4 6MT - 2023 Toyota Camry SE
    Likes House of Wax liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Canadian Whiskey
    Some of my favorites

I think you can only buy the double barrel now..the others were limited runs several years ago

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Brandt K.
    Likes House of Wax liked this post
    Thanks House of Wax thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Discovered this gem last month. Much better than it sounds. It`s a sweet sip with just a little heat on the back end.

https://olesmoky.com/products/mango-...avored-whiskey

Post Thanks / Like

Here’s my favored, small distillery in New York State.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information