Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Any bourbon/whiskey drinkers here?

Gentleman Jack over ice with a touch of Ginger Ale. The carbonation really opens up the Flavors. Mmmmm

Post Thanks / Like

opposite of OP, but Suntory 18 year has been on my top shelf, replacing alot of others.....amazing stuff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mnehls86 View Post
    This is something I need to plan on doing
    If you do, post back regarding whether Hilton has wrecked the place with regard to its, uhm..genteel decrepitude...which sure gave it Character with a capital "C".

Sigh...I *KNOW* they will have replaced the older elevator, which I simply loved, as it was, uhm...a bit of an adventure that was scaring some of the [less adventurous] guests. I found it great fun, especially after visiting the bar.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tc99m View Post
    Gentleman Jack over ice with a touch of Ginger Ale. The carbonation really opens up the Flavors. Mmmmm
    Wish I could trade you mine for some Detailing Products or something, way too sweet for me and the bottle I ws gifted is just sitting there.
    Likes Tc99m liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone tried Iron Smoke Distillery "Rattle Snake Rosie"?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Wish I could trade you mine for some Detailing Products or something, way too sweet for me and the bottle I ws gifted is just sitting there.
    A few years ago I would have loved to trade. I don`t drink much anymore. An occasional beer with my Dad, because I love those little father son moments.

Post Thanks / Like

Got a small BLACK LABEL for new years. VERY SMOOTH.
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org

Post Thanks / Like

You name the Bourbon.....I`m from the State of the BEST Bourbons Made .....try
    E.H. Taylor if you can find it, it`s a almost Made to order
    Wendell Jarvis
    Vision Detailing
    Richmond, KY.
    859-248-2835
    Thanks mnehls86 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tc99m View Post
    A few years ago I would have loved to trade. I don`t drink much anymore. An occasional beer with my Dad, because I love those little father son moments.
    I don`t drink the way I used to either (probably more a commentary on my past practices than anything else).

Nice that you and your dad have those moments. Mine was a, uhm...rabid teetotaler to put it politely.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wendell jarvis View Post
    You name the Bourbon.....I`m from the State of the BEST Bourbons Made .....try
    E.H. Taylor if you can find it, it`s a almost Made to order
    I will put that on my list to try. A couple places around me say they have it (40-70 miles away) So I will wait until I am headed out towards one of those places and look for it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    If you do, post back regarding whether Hilton has wrecked the place with regard to its, uhm..genteel decrepitude...which sure gave it Character with a capital "C".

Sigh...I *KNOW* they will have replaced the older elevator, which I simply loved, as it was, uhm...a bit of an adventure that was scaring some of the [less adventurous] guests. I found it great fun, especially after visiting the bar.
    Might be a couple years but a buddy and me were already in early stage talks about going out that way. Hopefully I will remember to check this thread when we get to really planning.

Post Thanks / Like

mnehls86- IMO staying at, uhm...interesting hotels with history to `em.. can make a trip a lot better than it`d be if you just stay at the usual places (even the nice pricey ones).
    Thanks mnehls86 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I have been on a quest the last 2 years or so to find a good sipping whiskey that doesn`t burn going down. I have tried Glenfiddich 12 year old Scotch but I can say I am not a scotch drinker. A while back I picked up a bottle of Jameson Gold reserve(expensive whiskey) which isn`t too bad but not the smooth I am looking for. After watching all those episodes of Moonshiners I couldn`t help but pick up a bottle of Tim Smith`s shine. It is actually quite smooth going down but the after taste leaves something to be desired though. I even tried mixing it in a drink and I thought I had mixed up parts cleaner into my Pepsi. When I was at the liquor store one of the attendants suggested JP Wiser, I didn`t buy that trip but the last time in I grabbed a bottle of the 18 year old whiskey. I have tried it but memory failure and can`t remember what it tasted like(no I didn`t drink that much to cause memory loss ). Looks like i will have to try it again. I will go back through these posts and write a couple down for my next trip.
    Dean.

Post Thanks / Like

skibik- Hmmm..see how people differ? I dunno if I`d *like* a whiskey that lacks that burn. Though it does always seem to become less pronounced after I`ve had a few.

Post Thanks / Like

For me that burn that I described I should have said that moment that it seems to take your breath away. Kind of like that moment you see in movies when a noob takes a straight shot then they gasp for air and say smooooooth! To me that is not smooth. Not sure how I could otherwise describe it.
    Dean.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information