Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2017 Health and Fitness Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post

Well standing at the grill IS exercise.
    www.facebook.com/houseofwaxdetailing
    Likes Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

+ you had to go outside and possibly carry the stuff out and in....
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

House of Wax- Heh heh, I actually *like* that you only got in a couple of workouts! And especially that you got sore from them.

And no, I`m not against hamburgers, eat two of `em weekly, every Saturday night...big ones too.

I walked into the sandwich shop.
    Well, walking an average of >2miles/day is the #1 correlate for avoiding death from all causes

Post Thanks / Like

I didnt feel too bad about missing a couple workouts, especially upper body. I got 2 in (one of them hitting biceps) and then the 3rd day I had to dig 2 holes at work 30 inches deep and big engough to get down into and fix a phone cable becuase a guy decided to dig post holes without calling in locates. I was pretty wrecked for the rest of the week lol

Post Thanks / Like

House of Wax- Sounds like you`re getting plenty of work in

Sigh...people who don`t think...those were some *holes* you had to dig!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post

Well, walking an average of >2miles/day is the #1 correlate for avoiding death from all causes
    /day ???
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

/day ???
    Yeah...IIRC and/but I`m pretty sure I do. Anything over two miles per day on average (forget how long the "averaging period" was but I think it was a week), pretty minimal additional benefit (statistically speaking) from more but no downside either.

What, does that sound excessive? I thought it was pretty moderate but then the dog-walks might skew my perspective. Heh heh, the Beaucerons would be holy terrors without enough milage on `em regularly!

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Had a customer ask for a wax that goes on and off by itself .. told him not a chance as many rely on waxing as their only form of exercise
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com
    Likes ShakingHorizons liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Any of you guys tried/use any "pre workout" supplements? I got some samples of different flavors of whey protein from a company and they threw a couple of pre workout samples in. I`m not big into taking tons of supplements, but figured I`d try it out. Instructions said to take it 30-45 minutes before working out, which I did. Felt like a million pins pricking me for about 10 minutes after taking it, but after that it quickly went away. No jitters or upset stomach. Proceeded to do my workout and had one of the better workouts I`ve had in awhile. I don`t know if there was a placebo effect (most likely) or there really was a little something to the supplement, but I definitely felt more awake and pushed harder than usual. Nothing crazy, but a lot of nights after working all day I feel like I`m just trying to get the workout in/done. Just felt a little more amped up and more into the workout from beginning to end. Got one more to try....we`ll see

Post Thanks / Like

Alright......super embarassing pictures time. Sweet baby Jesus, seeing it in pictures really does highlight how big of a fat tub of crap I got. Just shy of 4 months of progress. I`m somewhere in between disappointed and feeling ok. I`ve only dropped from 214 to about 203-204. Been stuck there for a few weeks now. That`s where the disappointment lies......feel like I`ve cleaned up my diet enough to where I should still be dropping. Looking at the side by side pics, there`s obviously progress being made though. Just need to keep grinding and apparently become militant with my diet lol. Got a long ways to go. On to the pics.....try not to laugh too hard fellas:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by House of Wax View Post
    Any of you guys tried/use any "pre workout" supplements? I got some samples of different flavors of whey protein from a company and they threw a couple of pre workout samples in. I`m not big into taking tons of supplements, but figured I`d try it out. Instructions said to take it 30-45 minutes before working out, which I did. Felt like a million pins pricking me for about 10 minutes after taking it, but after that it quickly went away. No jitters or upset stomach. Proceeded to do my workout and had one of the better workouts I`ve had in awhile. I don`t know if there was a placebo effect (most likely) or there really was a little something to the supplement, but I definitely felt more awake and pushed harder than usual. Nothing crazy, but a lot of nights after working all day I feel like I`m just trying to get the workout in/done. Just felt a little more amped up and more into the workout from beginning to end. Got one more to try....we`ll see
    Sounds like it had beta alanine. Freaks you out the first time, but the sensation gets weaker as you get used to it. Most are just caffeine and junk but I always really liked PreSurge from Athletic Edge Nutrition. Not real high caffeine, has some creative and Russian tarragon extract which helps creating uptake. I always felt like I got good clean energy and felt strong through my workouts with it. Been a while, not even sure if they still make it but it was good stuff.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Keep it up. I`m doing something myself.

Not so much lifting weights but more cardio and low impact working out. Doctor wants me to get to 200 pounds.

Down 17 pounds in almost 6 weeks. Started off at 253 pounds.

My regiment consists of the elliptical, exercise and believe it or not DDP Yoga. The DDP Yoga 13 week beginner 2.0 is where I`m starting at. Of course changing my eating habits as well.

For me it`s about leaning out then I`ll move onto weights when I reach my goal.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS

Post Thanks / Like

The Guz- Congrates on your progress!

Not to be all "I know best.." or anything, but I`d think that building muscle would be extremely beneficial to the leaning out as it`ll boost your overall metabolism. I *always* find it easiest to get/stay lean when I`m at my most muscular (as long as I eat right). Plus, depending on one`s age the whole "loss of TypeII muscle fibers" thing means the clock is ticking...

House of Wax- PROPS for posting the pix! And that`s some impressive improvement you`re pulling off so ixnay on the dissatisfaction. Everybody responds a little differently and you`re doing fine.

Consider: how long did it take you to *gain* the unwanted weight? None of this stuff, good or bad, happens overnight.

[Heck] I`m not even looking at your waistline, I`m thinking how I`d tweak your workouts to increase some muscle in certain places BTW, your back`s looking good.

I think I got some of the same pre-workout supps with one of my orders too...haven`t taken any of `em yet. I tried various ones back in the day, got a *BIG* performance boost from the original Ultimate Orange (now decontented into something safe and far less effective). Used Nitric Oxide supps for a while and/but quit `em, sure did get a PUMP on them but overall no real lasting benefit. IMO most such stuff has placebo doses of "sound good" ingredients, which probably have zero therapeutic benefit for the workout that follows their ingestion. I mean...there`s zero evidence that taking a gram of creatine pre-workout will have *ANY* effect on that workout. None, it just doesn`t work that way, but it sounds good to say "includes one gram of creatine!" so they throw it in.

Post Thanks / Like

Speaking of supplements and their effectiveness/not....ANYBODY else here taking Therapeutic Doses of Omega 3s? How about Polyphenols? I`m such a fanboy for those two...but that`s based on the (completely unexpected) results I experience with `em. I initially took `em thinking I`d say what a load of BS it is....predisposed towards not noticing any benefit.

If nothing else, it`s great to be hangover-proof (that`s the first significant effect I experienced with Omega 3s).

Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread Information