Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2017 Health and Fitness Thread

Poorboy- Actually, I`m great to go out to dinner with, just a bit limiting with regard to what *kind* of restaurant I go to. When I do eat dinner out I go top-shelf, usually with a good bottle of champagne. Just no Italian/Mexican/etc. fare. Most people don`t mind a great steak/seafood place

Poorboy- Going off-menu works OK once the place knows ya and the server knows there will be, uhm...adequate compensation if all goes well (I`m one extremely generous tipper when satisfied and quite popular with good servers in general).

Ronkh- Heh heh, I do wish people would quit saying that sort of thing though, reinforces the whole "tasty isn`t healthy/healthy isn`t tasty" thing. I mean...there`s just *SO* broad a variety of foods out there that are healthy!

(Sure that unhealthy stuff can taste great too, but then so IMO does a Camel nonfilter...priorities again.)
    Likes Poorboy liked this post

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Poorboy- Actually, I`m great to go out to dinner with, just a bit limiting with regard to what *kind* of restaurant I go to. When I do eat dinner out I go top-shelf, usually with a good bottle of champagne. Just no Italian/Mexican/etc. fare. Most people don`t mind a great steak/seafood place

Poorboy- Going off-menu works OK once the place knows ya and the server knows there will be, uhm...adequate compensation if all goes well (I`m one extremely generous tipper when satisfied and quite popular with good servers in general).
    no

How will a wall be built without supporting Mexican restaurants

Yes, Steak and seafood are

If you are a regular and you can get an empathetic waiter/ waitress then all is good if not
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Post Thanks / Like

Ronkh- Heh heh, I do wish people would quit saying that sort of thing though, reinforces the whole "tasty isn`t healthy/healthy isn`t tasty" thing. I mean...there`s just *SO* broad a variety of foods out there that are healthy!

(Sure that unhealthy stuff can taste great too, but then so IMO does a Camel nonfilter...priorities again.)

No Italian, no Mexican ???? Jen`s Italian.......... So I gotta get rid of her ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, it`s a huge PIA not liking all that stuff, wish it were different but that`s just how I`m wired There were times in my childhood when it meant I went hungry as I simply couldn`t force down the only fare that was provided. My aversion to cheese happened literally overnight...one day I liked it, the very next I couldn`t stand *any* kind of it...weird, huh? I still remember how good it *used* to taste to me too!

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    No Italian, no Mexican ???? Jen`s Italian.......... So I gotta get rid of her ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
    Heh heh, as we`re talking about, uhm...eating out... there`s probably some really good off-color comeback to that

Quote Originally Posted by Poorboy
    If you are a regular and you can get an empathetic waiter/ waitress then all is good if not
    When it`s someplace where I`m not a regular, I make sure to strongly hint as to the monetary benefits of keeping me happy
    Heh heh, IME the prospect of a lavish tip can work wonders with regard to eliciting empathy as to my preferences

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, it`s a huge PIA not liking all that stuff, wish it were different but that`s just how I`m wired There were times in my childhood when it meant I went hungry as I simply couldn`t force down the only fare that was provided. My aversion to cheese happened literally overnight...one day I liked it, the very next I couldn`t stand *any* kind of it...weird, huh? I still remember how good it *used* to taste to me too!
    I didn`t eat dairy products for almost 20 years, then tried a cheese steak and it was as good as the memory and I`ve added it a few times a year as well as pizza ... no milk and butter mostly for cooking

I have missed many a meal through early life for the the same reason as you Much more flexible these day .. ok that depends if there`s a Chinese buffet involved

When it`s someplace where I`m not a regular, I make sure to strongly hint as to the monetary benefits of keeping me happy
    Heh heh, IME the prospect of a lavish tip can work wonders with regard to eliciting empathy as to my preferences
    Yes, most of the time it works , but if a place is really busy it`s not always guaranteed

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Poorboy View Post
    I didn`t eat dairy products for almost 20 years, then tried a cheese steak and it was as good as the memory and I`ve added it a few times a year as well as pizza ... no milk and butter mostly for cooking
    Why the No-Dairy, lactose intolerant or just a preference? FWIW, I switched from skim to whole milk in my Meal Replacement Shakes (don`t like the taste of plain milk) and promptly lost bodyfat.

.. if a place is really busy it`s not always guaranteed
    Yeah, that`s when I try to exercise a little empathy of my own.

Post Thanks / Like

Why the No-Dairy, lactose intolerant or just a preference?
    not really sure happened why I was 19 .. pure pain and bad allergic reactions

Post Thanks / Like

Poorboy- Huh, isn`t that something?!? Stayed that way too, huh?

I had a brief period where I seemed to be quite lactose intolerant but it dialed itself back to where I`m OK as long as I don`t overdo my (mixed-with-milk) Meal Replacement Powder shakes (especially the whey protein ones) so I can no longer enjoy oversized ones which I didn`r really need anyhow. Which brings up...

WHY is the focus on all-protein shake powders? What kid of [individual] consumes pure protein with zero carbs/fat and expects it to be optimally beneficial?!? (OK, I suppose maybe someone on a ketogenic diet...but no thanks.) Why can`t I find (decent tasting) MRPs with a good protein/carb/fat ratio, let alone ones that aren`t packed full of cheap sugary carbs like maltodextrin? Extend rant to include the zillion-gram protein dose size they always advocate...what, you`re bigger than Andre the Giant, or the one guy in a million who can make use of more than 20-some grams of protein per meal? I don`t think so...show me one study that says it`s worthwhile.

Sigh...much as I love the MRP shakes I simply do better if I eat real food, despite all the talk about "whey protein immediately after exercise".

Post Thanks / Like

I had a brief period where I seemed to be quite lactose intolerant but it dialed itself back to where I`m OK as long as I don`t overdo my (mixed-with-milk) Meal Replacement Powder shakes (especially the whey protein ones) so I can no longer enjoy oversized ones which I didn`r really need anyhow. Which brings up...

WHY is the focus on all-protein shake powders? What kid of [individual] consumes pure protein with zero carbs/fat and expects it to be optimally beneficial?!? (OK, I suppose maybe someone on a ketogenic diet...but no thanks.) Why can`t I find (decent tasting) MRPs with a good protein/carb/fat ratio, let alone ones that aren`t packed full of cheap sugary carbs like maltodextrin? Extend rant to include the zillion-gram protein dose size they always advocate...what, you`re bigger than Andre the Giant, or the one guy in a million who can make use of more than 20-some grams of protein per meal? I don`t think so...show me one study that says it`s worthwhile.

Sigh...much as I love the MRP shakes I simply do better if I eat real food, despite all the talk about "whey protein immediately after exercise".

Even in keto you wanna avoid large servings of protein, particularly fast digesting ones like whey because it will provoke an insulin response.

And I`m with ya on eating actual foods. The shakes are a nice convenience option on the move but real food is always better. And I do best when I`m packing in the veggies, which is why I eat a lot of raw spinach right out of the bag.

Post Thanks / Like

pretty much ...

Post Thanks / Like

jrock645- Spinach is good for ya, Accumulatorette has it all the time... I can`t stand the taste of the stuff but wish I could.

Post Thanks / Like

jrock645- Spinach is good for ya, Accumulatorette has it all the time... I can`t stand the taste of the stuff but wish I could.

Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Ronkh- The [ferstunkin` ] PC I`m on at present won`t let me see that....but I have a vivid imagination

Post Thanks / Like

I eat it because it`s quick and easy and doesn`t require me to chop it or cook it. Otherwise, I won`t eat veggies if hey require effort. All about finding what works for you.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jrock645 View Post
    I eat it because it`s quick and easy and doesn`t require me to chop it or cook it. Otherwise, I won`t eat veggies if hey require effort....
    Yeah, I hear you there...I actually upgraded my (raw) veggies to something better than a tossed salad after tiring of the effort in making up the latter. My cooked veggies are easy enough, frozen stir-fry stuff (and Accumulatorette often takes care of that anyhow).

All about finding what works for you.
    !!ABSOLUTELY!! People get on some unsustainable [pick-your-weird] diet and it never works out long-term.

Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread Information