Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2017 Health and Fitness Thread

To be clear, I`m shocked and not overly frustrated by the scale. I`m only 10lbs off of my goal weight, so it`s gonna take some doing and I get that. But generally one loses a pound or two of body weight when going into ketosis and there has literally been zero change on the scale. It`s just odd. Granted, pants fitting loser and looking leaner in he mirror are worth more than a number on the scale, but that number has a certain value as an indicator. Oh well.

And really, I don`t feel like I`m depriving myself of anything. My body just works better in ketosis- mental clarity, energy, joints, digestion, etc- that I wonder why I ever let myself get off the program.

As for the exercise bit, I`m cautiously doing what I can but I`m very nervous about trying to do too much with my back being the fragile balance that it is.

Post Thanks / Like

jrock645- OK, if the Ketosis work for you then it does

I wonder if it`s a case of muscle replacing fat = more weight than expected. Eh, I dunno...heh heh, I only step on a scale at my annual physical.

And yeah, sure don`t want to mess up your back, let alone with that vacation looming!

Post Thanks / Like

Just saw a report from Business Insider summarizing (supposed) findings by the National Institute for Health. Can`t say that I agree with the offered summary of the NIH findings nor with the supporting comments from a guy who works for (heh heh, wait for it...) Weight Watchers. Interesting reading though, and yeah more activity > less.

Post Thanks / Like

Latest determination regarding my increasingly brief, infrequent...but very hard...workouts: I need to space the time between my cardio on the AirDyne out to about 13-14 days. Just can`t perform as well if I do it more frequently.

Post Thanks / Like

In the last two years I went from 175lbs which I thought was the weight my body wanted to be (I`m 5`10") to 142lbs.

How? Play.

I got this
    2017 Health and Fitness Thread-img_0783.jpg

She he is a Border collie. She thought me to play like a child. Ok, a child that was born an Olympic athlete but a child nonetheless.

Unstructured physical play has fixed a lot a lot of things in my life. I was playing structured sports to try and get back into shape but they were competitive and became a chore. Once I started playing like a child, chasing rabbits and squirrels in the woods, looking in holes by the creek and generally having a blast romping around my need for pleasure foods and drinks faded into the background. The fitter I got the more my body let me know what the wrong foods and drinks were.

Now I`m eating chicken and pork, slow carbs and some vegetables, Nothing fancy. I dont drink alcohol anymore because now I notice how much it slows me down the next day.

If you can, I highly recommend doing something physical, fun and unstructured every day. Beats the heck out of "exercise" and "diet".

P.S. Don`t get a border collie unless you`re willing to go all in i.e. 6-8 hours every day 365 days a year.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Boden- Yes indeed, an active dog (or, in my case two) can make a big diff, and your Border Collie is one very active breed! I can`t get the same results as I do via structured exercise, but it`s a great way to up one`s daily energy expenditure. And of course there are countless other benefits from (responsible, actively-involved) dog ownership.

Does take time though, and a whole lotta effort to do it right. (untrained, misbehaving dogs are a HUGE issue to me; do it right or leave it to people who will)

I too eat a lot of chicken and pork, and !yes! on the right carbs, and while I still drink it`s nothing like I did when I was younger, even though the Fish Oil has rendered me hangover-proof.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Boden- Yes indeed, an active dog (or, in my case two) can make a big diff, and your Border Collie is one very active breed! I can`t get the same results as I do via structured exercise, but it`s a great way to up one`s daily energy expenditure. And of course there are countless other benefits from (responsible, actively-involved) dog ownership.

Does take time though, and a whole lotta effort to do it right. (untrained, misbehaving dogs are a HUGE issue to me; do it right or leave it to people who will)

I too eat a lot of chicken and pork, and !yes! on the right carbs, and while I still drink it`s nothing like I did when I was younger, even though the Fish Oil has rendered me hangover-proof.
    Amen, I`ve been training work dogs since I was eight. Cannot agree more. Luckily I work at home now so she is with me 24/7. Every 45 min she gets me up to play some. Not sitting at a desk for long periods has probably helped me more than anything.

Sadie is a rare one. Her love of life is infectious. Kind and gentle when it`s called for but also hardcore with the reflexes of a ninja when playing hard. I`ve seen her sit surrounded with wild rabbits in a zen like calm one minute and putting a misbehaving shepherd in its place next. Amazing little girl.

Post Thanks / Like

We had a Border Collie growing up. I loved that dog. She would spend hours herding squirrels up the trees in our back yard haha. Good lord was that dog fast.
    www.facebook.com/houseofwaxdetailing
    Likes Boden liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Been so swamped with work and non stop details this past couple weeks that I haven`t had a chance to work out. Absolutely chomping at the bit to get back on the iron

Post Thanks / Like

i had a salad

cant post that in the lunch dinner thread
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    i had a salad

cant post that in the lunch dinner thread
    #fakefood
    www.facebook.com/houseofwaxdetailing
    Likes Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I`m am at an all inclusive resort and feel like the poster for what not to eat or drink.

Just sucked down my 5th pina colada with a 151 floater so I won`t be posting much the rest of the day.

I`ll be back Tuesday and back on my program.
    Likes Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JSFM35X View Post
    I`m am at an all inclusive resort and feel like the poster for what not to eat or drink.

Just sucked down my 5th pina colada with a 151 floater so I won`t be posting much the rest of the day.

I`ll be back Tuesday and back on my program.
    hahaha. That sounds amazing. Enjoy your time away

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

JSFM35X- No flames from me, when I`m having fun somewhere I eat/drink whatever I want...as much as I want

Boden- Good on you for doing it right (and I appreciate/know from the word "work" in a few canine contexts ) I especially like that yours doesn`t go after critters, something I`m really serious about.

House of Wax- Guess it`s no surprise that I`m *glad* you had to miss some of those (highly frequent IMO) workouts And now you`re all motivated to really do it. Eh, people just don`t lose muscular strength after such a short time, though it might seem like that due to neurological decompensation where your nervous system "forgets a little bit" about how to do such stuff. Now the cardio...if I miss more than a week/ten days it *matters* but I get back to OK pretty fast.

Ronkh & House of Wax- I actually *like* a tossed salad...a plain one with no cheese/croutons/dressing/etc. no less. But IMO such stuff really *IS* fake food with virtually zero nutritional value. So I seldom have one unless as a treat at a nice restaurant...sorta like having a slice (or six) of cake for desert.
    Likes Boden liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I actually do somewhat enjoy salads. I`ve gotten to where that`s what I pack in my lunch most days at work. it`s just too easy to toss in some grilled chicken, veggies, cheese, and some sunflower seeds or almonds/cashews

Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread Information