Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2017 Health and Fitness Thread

Quote Originally Posted by House of Wax View Post
    This whole eating healthy is great and all, but I feel like I do nothing but cook, prepare meals, and clean up kitchen mess anymore
    Meal prep is the way to go for the week if you can deal with eating the same stuff a few times in a row. I cook big batches of a couple meals on Sunday and it only takes a couple hours out of my day. Then I just warm it up when it`s time to eat at work or for dinner. It also helps keep me from making bad food decisions if I have something that`s pretty good all ready to go.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by heisenberg View Post
    .. I cook big batches of a couple meals on Sunday and it only takes a couple hours out of my day. Then I just warm it up...
    We still cook most nights, but yeah..leftovers make for easy meals.

Quote Originally Posted by House of Wax View Post
    This whole eating healthy is great and all, but I feel like I do nothing but cook, prepare meals, and clean up kitchen mess anymore
    -AND-

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg
    Meal prep is the way to go for the week if you can deal with eating the same stuff a few times in a row...
    Yeah, if the lack of variety works for you it does make things a lot easier. Some people tire of eating the same things all the time though.

Post Thanks / Like

Took the fam out for pizza tonight. It was far from the best pizza I`ve had, but it was still a borderline religious experience lol

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk
    www.facebook.com/houseofwaxdetailing
    Likes nickclark08 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

House of Wax- Heh heh, glad you enjoyed it. That`s why a lot of people (myself included) believe in "cheat days" or otherwise not being too inflexible about such stuff.

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting read:

The Sad Saga of Saturated Fat – Blog | Virta Health

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    www.facebook.com/houseofwaxdetailing
    Likes nickclark08 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe that knowledge will get more mainstream acceptance after a while. I do find it a little odd that the article implies this is new info though, and that "at 50 when her metabolism has changed" kinda implies that metabolic slowdown is normal/inevitable.

Post Thanks / Like

Booked a trip for ft Lauderdale next month over the weekend. Instant motivation. Diet is back in full swing, daily workouts, etc. Consider me motivated! Don`t wanna be the chubby slob next to the gf wearing dental floss.
    Likes House of Wax, nickclark08 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jrock645 View Post
    ..the gf wearing dental floss.
    Heh heh, yeah...*there`s* some motivation for ya! Florida or not

Post Thanks / Like

Good "mind over matter" night tonight. Just wasn`t feelin workin out after work tonight, especially being a leg night. Felt kind tired, hungry, and just kinda bleh before I started. Buckled down and ended up getting a good workout in. Felt pretty gratifying to hit all my marks for this workout even though I wasn`t feeling up to it before I started

Post Thanks / Like

House of Wax- Glad it went OK, but IMO that "not feeling into it, feeling tired" is quite possibly a clue that you`re maybe (at least close to) overdoing it even though you did hit your marks (glad to hear that). I know, I`m a broken record on the subject....

Post Thanks / Like

Feeling beat up today after a long week last week and a brutal weekend. Taking advantage of a slow day- home early, gonna take it easy. Good news is the diet is in full force- ketone test strips are turning deep purple.
    Likes House of Wax liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Added up my EPA/DHA today cause I wanted to know where I stood after reviewing this thread. Getting 6g combined from just 8capaules per day. Plus whatever I get from my chia seads though I`ve been prone to forgetting those here lately. Also added a couple caps of krill oil to the mix.

My joints have felt better despite my recent work load.

Post Thanks / Like

jrock645- Glad to hear your joints are feeling better and that you`re not just taking some placebo dose of the EPA/DHA.

Post Thanks / Like

https://imgur.com/gallery/4K7WH

Turning keystone test strips crazy dark. I`m practically a keystone spitting machine and I can`t get the scale to budge. Some visual improvement in the mirror, but this is nuts.

Post Thanks / Like

jrock645- I`m tempted to beat you over the head with rehashes of my opinions So tempted that I can`t resist:

Dietary fixes just aren`t a short-term/immediate solution here; ya didn`t put on the fat in X days so I`d never plan to take it off that fast, let alone through any sort of extreme dieting where you cut out a major food group.

IMO (my constantly repeated opinion Hope I`m not being too much of a [jerk] ) you`ve done at least all you can/should with that ketogenic diet and need to look into other factors. I mean...gee, I never carb-restrict at all other than cutting out maybe one/one-half slice of bread per day for a little while after the Holidays when I want to drop a couple % over six weeks or so. Sure don`t deprive myself of Denny`s bfasts (think "waffles).

I can`t help but wonder whether restricting your carbs is maybe even slowing down your metabolism, which is my personal Bęte Noir.

IMO you oughta just dial back the "gotta get my beach-bod on", exercise right while eating sensibly, and quit stressing so you can have a good time on your vacation. Eh, easy for me to say, huh?

I`m so happy that you`re taking that Fish Oil that I just want to Vulcan Mind-meld ya into some kind of blissful, really long-term perspective. There`s always somebody better-built than any of us, and doing the Right Stuff for *you* is the ticket IMO.

Again, sincere apologies if I`m being insufferable.

Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread Information