Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2017 Health and Fitness Thread

House of Wax- Yeah, absolutely a whole lotta BS out there regarding supplements! The recommended doses of Creatine are laughable and I found most...nearly all... "bodybuilding supplements" were a complete waste of my money. Did benefit from HMB but had to take a lot of it for minimal results and it just wasn`t worth it to me.

The Creatine *DOES* work for me though. Pretty remarkable actually...

Post Thanks / Like

need to get some more protein powder (have used ON`s gold standard off and on for years and liked it), and have contemplated picking up some creatine and a good multivitamin

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    www.facebook.com/houseofwaxdetailing
    Likes SgtMajUSMC liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Try out xtreme formulations. Absolutely delicious!

Post Thanks / Like

....I never liked the "age-related correction" for the BF%...not like I was *really* at a different % 24hrs after my bday...... What about all the birthday cake it might make a difference ?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pgp View Post
    ....I never liked the "age-related correction" for the BF%...not like I was *really* at a different % 24hrs after my bday...... What about all the birthday cake it might make a difference ?
    Heh heh...actually bday cake is one of my rare indulgences

Post Thanks / Like

2017 Health and Fitness Thread

Multivitamin (Universal pack), creatine plain powder (ON) and BCAAs powder is what I take. Key to creatine is taking in enough H20. Rumor about bloat with creatin is BS.

I will take minimal hint of abs and big vs 6 pack and little any day. For me any less than 11% and it comes with less strength. Two workouts today. Chest in AM and rack pulls in PM(600lbs,5x10). Ain`t doing that if I am too small.

Lots of good info in here. Underlying truths from most posters. Don`t find that often.
    Semper Fidelis!
    Matt

`20 Rapid Blue C8 2LT Z51, deposit 7/20/19, born 11/17/20 and delivered 11/28/20. Yeah, the dates are right, 16 months.......

Post Thanks / Like

first morning of HIIT. I can`t even put into words how much I hate getting up early.....

11 rounds of 15 second sprint, 60 second walk for the first 2 weeks. difficulty goes up after that

Post Thanks / Like

SgtMajUSMC- I can`t argue with the "can`t lift too big if you`re too small" even though I don`t go that route. Heh heh, there`s a reason why very few Strongman greats look like bodybuilders (a certain guy from Poland notwithsanding!). Since I`ve never been over 11% since I got my workouts dialed-in I`m probably just on a different wavelength.

Heh heh...
    I will take minimal hint of abs and big vs 6 pack and little any day...
    Ouch! ..."small"...yeah, I undoubtedly am compared to you I shudder to think how small I was back when I weighed ~50lbs less!

And here I consider a 6 pack to me my *starting point* Eh, different people/different priorities...as long as we`re all hitting our goals that`s what counts IMO.

Ah so we`re both using the ON Creatine. Nice and cheap if you catch a sale, which is good news for me as I also give it to our dogs (and I think Accumulatorette takes it, when she remembers...). The Docs had my father use it when he developed heart issues in his late 80s. Simply good stuff for mammels to take.

And *YES* on the adequate hydration! I gotta make a point of it.."go drink some more water, NOW"...or at least it feels that way.

And...oh man...[REPEAT comments about how much poundage you`re moving], no wonder you`re not gonna prioritize getting ripped.

And#2..yeah, good info from multiple/differing perspectives here. With all the BS ya see about this stuff it`s refreshing.

House of Wax- I`m *really* looking forward to hearing how the HIIT goes for you and how the work:rest ratios are structured on your program.

What`s the general idea with that program?...like, how hard are you supposed to hit the sprints and how easy are the recoveries supposed to be? How many days/week? I like that 2 week startup period.

Today was my dreaded Tabata Intervals on the AirDyne..got 5 of `em, and without ending up on the floor before the cooldown (though I did have a little trouble working the monitor`s buttons). Heh heh, yeah..that was it, 100 seconds of work spread over 2.5 minutes and I was utterly trashed. SUPPOSEDLY I could benefit from doing even less, but eh, I`m stubborn sometimes and sheesh this is *so little* already.
    Likes SgtMajUSMC liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

You give your dog creatine? What for?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    House of Wax- I`m *really* looking forward to hearing how the HIIT goes for you and how the work:rest ratios are structured on your program.

What`s the general idea with that program?...like, how hard are you supposed to hit the sprints and how easy are the recoveries supposed to be? How many days/week? I like that 2 week startup period.

Today was my dreaded Tabata Intervals on the AirDyne..got 5 of `em, and without ending up on the floor before the cooldown (though I did have a little trouble working the monitor`s buttons). Heh heh, yeah..that was it, 100 seconds of work spread over 2.5 minutes and I was utterly trashed. SUPPOSEDLY I could benefit from doing even less, but eh, I`m stubborn sometimes and sheesh this is *so little* already.
    going at 90%+ on sprints and a brisk walk for recoveries. Shooting for 4 or 5 days/week with the HIIT. no reason I can`t blast out a quick 20ish minute workout in the morning. Going to attempt to track a bit better what I`m eating as well. Some days I think I actually don`t eat enough

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jrock645 View Post
    You give your dog creatine? What for?
    Same reasons human fitness nuts, uhm...I mean "serious athletes" take it...everything from increased muscularity (heh heh, they`re *impressive* looking dogs, lean and muscular even the older one) to improved athletic performance, to (especially) ensuring optimal heart-health.

I basically do the dogs the same way I do myself...clean diet, Creatine and Fish Oil, interval training (sprints up steep inclines, often with large objects in their mouths) with lots of walking for Active Rest. Sometimes think about having them pull stuff for more strenth, but they stay strong/muscular OK as it is.

Post Thanks / Like

House of Wax- Ah, OK..thanks for explaining. I`ll be intersted to hear how it goes. And yeah...in the back of my mind I`m wondering about that 4-5 day/week frequency A *lot* of people do such stuff that often though, and hey I still think of you as a Younger Guy.

If you`re eating the right stuff, in the right portions/meal, you might need to eat a lot more often than you`d ever expect. If you do the math on it, meals really oughta be *SMALL* by normal standards, so you gotta have `em all the time. Sheesh, seems like I`m always eating.

Post Thanks / Like

that 4-5 days is just a mental goal to shoot for. My wife works out some mornings and with having 2 little ones, no "regiment" will ever be concrete. I figure some weeks will be more days, some less due to random circumstances.

Post Thanks / Like

House of Wax- Yeah, Real Life has a way of factoring in.

I found out I was overtraining when [circumstances] forced me to to cut way back, so it ended up being a blessing in disguise. NOBODY could`ve convinced me to try what I`m doing now, no way.
    Likes House of Wax liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I will definitely have your experiences in the back of my mind and keep tabs on whether or not I feel too worn down

Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread Information