Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What are you currently watching thread

Started Homecoming on Amazon prime. Strange show but can`t put it down.

Also finally cut the cord yesterday and cancelled DirecTV. $180/month is too damn high.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Death Valley Days,Maverick,Lawman,Tales of Wells Fargo,and The Virginian.

All great shows that I forgot about.

Post Thanks / Like

Older those made me think of some of the shows I have on my computer. Here is a shot of some of the titles I have from when I was young.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chrisexv6 View Post
    Started Homecoming on Amazon prime. Strange show but can`t put it down.

Also finally cut the cord yesterday and cancelled DirecTV. $180/month is too damn high.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
    Homecoming was excellent. Can’t wait until next season. I’m thinking about dropping my Dish subscription, but I’m a sports junkie and I’m having a hard time finding as source for my teams.

Post Thanks / Like

UCF and Cincinnati. Go knights

Post Thanks / Like

Narcos Mexico on Netflix.

Post Thanks / Like

Wife and I have been watching chuck on prime

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    Homecoming was excellent. Can’t wait until next season. I’m thinking about dropping my Dish subscription, but I’m a sports junkie and I’m having a hard time finding as source for my teams.
    Hey RL !
    Im also thinking of unloading DirecTV... What does YouTube TV have to offer??
    Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stokdgs View Post
    Hey RL !
    Im also thinking of unloading DirecTV... What does YouTube TV have to offer??
    Dan F
    Hi Dan, the whole thing is confusing. YouTube is only in certain markets. I’m thinking of going with Hulu Plus that gives you a package of channels as well as Hulu or one of the Sling packages. I have a data cap on my internet so that plays into my decision. The decision will get easier when my son goes off to college next year and he won’t be consuming data playing video games. We could probably open a thread on cable cutting. I’m open to all ideas.
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

With all the wildfires 60 miles north of me, I have been watching this guy -- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4ZmxmrVCaQ

He is a great guy, former C-141 pilot in the USAF, now a Boeing 777 pilot that makes regular flights across the world..
    He also lives in the forested areas of Northern California, and did a darn good job of bringing unbiased, accurate, reports on the Oroville Dam fiasco..

There are a lot of people saying these latest fires were from DEW lasers, or something; I don`t know..

What we do know is that the only electrical provider up here in Northern California, Pacific Gas and Electric, has said they had a big 115 thousand volt transmission line go down in the Paradise, California area, right before the fire started..

And since they still use those really dangerous "reclosers" on these lines, it is very possible this line sent out the 3 full on bursts of electricity after it failed and presumably hit the ground, and that alone would have started a fire...

I find it so sad that in the last 100 years alone, electrical providers at least in CA., have been too greedy, stupid, whatever you want to call it, and instead of designing more safe ways to manage overhead transmission lines, they have sat on their fat butts, and spent the money on their Condos in Hawaii, etc....
    Surely, there has to be better ways to manage overhead power lines to cut off the power immediately, when they go down, etc...

Between this PG&E failure and all those people claiming this is another example of DEW weapons used against the United States by people in the United States, and that these weapons were used at 9/11 to bring down the Trade Center buildings, and 1 other building, there will be plenty of reading/listening going on for some time..

Another example of utter idiots in charge -- Amazon, huge company, a lot of huge warehouses throughout CA and other states, decided to Close Down their very busy warehouses in CA because of "dangerous smoke"... Duhhhhh...

So now, all of us who were Depending on Amazon to ship us desperately needed 3M N95 NIOSH masks so we could breathe without dying, were out of luck getting masks !!!!!!

I am amazed that a company this huge did not have 1 - One - Uno - person in management that should have thought -- " Put 3M masks on the people in the Warehouses, so they can work and ship out the zillion masks orders we have !!!!" No one thought of this ??????

Or how about shifting those orders to other warehouses not impacted by the smoke, so those poor people out there that cannot even buy a mask anywhere in Northern California, can get some to put on their little children and infants???????

Don`t get me started on this....
    Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

Currently, I`m not "on" a series. Looking for suggestions (Netflix, Hulu, Amazon).

Just finished the 2nd season of Making A Murderer.

Looking forward to new Better Call Saul, Fargo, Ozarks.

I was sad to see Last Man On Earth get cancelled - it was the only non-animated sitcom that I was actively watching. Will Forte was (is) just hilarious to look at.

Post Thanks / Like

The Ranch is good. Marcella is addictive. Homecoming on Amazon is excellent. Sherlock and Luther were good BBC shows. Godless was fun if you like westerns (also Longmire sort of) and my favorite Hell on Wheels. Ripper Street and Peaky Blinders are favorites (more BBC). Shameless (American version) is a classic. Jack Taylor was good.

Those should keep keep you occupied for a few months. Lol

Post Thanks / Like

A few thoughts on shows nobody`s mentioned for a while:
    Ray Donovan - the current season is an absolute winner. Previous seasons were winners too.

Camping - A comedy with Jennifer Garner, Juliette Lewis and David Tennant. A stellar cast, stellar writing. Don`t sip any liquids while watching Camping. Without any notice whatsoever, you`re gonna squirt fluids out of your nose because of unexpected laughter.

Lethal Weapon with the new partner is working out really well.

The Rookie with Nathan Fillion. I`ve always been a Nathan Fillion fan and as a 40 year old rookie, I sort of empathize when he gets winded after a 1/2 block foot chase.

The Durrells in Corfu. I`m surprised I enjoy this one as much as I do. No car chases, no explosions, no Chuck Norris roundhouse kicks but it`s absolutely charming. An English mother and her 4 kids, 2 adult, a teen and a young boy move to Corfu and the show details the daily ups and downs of their humble lifestyle. It`s so good I`m hoping for a 4th season.

If you have an android TV box, The Bodyguard is a must watch English TV series. You`ll smile when you recognize the lead actress.

Oh, and Bad Blood, a crime family drama is a must watch. Kim Coates, you`ll remember him from Sons of Anarchy, plays a gangster, ruthless and cunning. Canadian filmed around the Montreal area but English dialogue. Quite gritty and nothing is sugar coated, not even the sugar.

Ok, OK, OK, John out.

Post Thanks / Like

House of Cards

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information