Thread: License plates

Pressure Washing Mafia Squirtgun's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

License plates

No it`s not a question about detailing them.It`s a question of blacking them out when posting pictures of your customers cars.

Does posting their plate number expose them to some sort of ID theft if the wrong people have the info?I know no one here would intentionally expose customers to the criminal element,but let`s face fact there are people in the world who would/could/can use a plate number to access someones more private info.

Just something to think about.
    Karvonen`s Pro Clean
    Southwest,Ga.
    Pressure Washers Mafia

Post Thanks / Like

Re: License plates

Quote Originally Posted by Squirtgun
    No it`s not a question about detailing them.It`s a question of blacking them out when posting pictures of your customers cars.

Does posting their plate number expose them to some sort of ID theft if the wrong people have the info?I know no one here would intentionally expose customers to the criminal element,but let`s face fact there are people in the world who would/could/can use a plate number to access someones more private info.

Just something to think about.
    No more so than the people that see it everyday driving down the street. I never did understand that whole making the plate so it cannot be read when posting a picture. It simply makes no sense at all.

Richard
    1997 Ford F150 4x4 Pacific Green w/HOK Kandy Green Flames
    2006 Mustang GT

Post Thanks / Like

It`s just an appearance thing. License plates detract from the look of the car. Generally it doesn`t concern me too much though. Thousands of drivers see my plate every day. I`ve got more to worry about from them than I do from some yahoo on the other side of the country anyway. If someone wants to get your identity on the internet, then there are a lot easier ways of doing it than with a license plate number.

Post Thanks / Like

I think some do it because by not doing it, it makes it so easy to get a location of the car. Does the random person driving down the street know you have $1000 in detailing supplies and tools (besides the fact that your car looks great)? A lot of people list all what they have (without even knowing it) and by giving away their address they`re just asking for their car to get stolen or house robbed.

People give to much information on the internet as it is, no need to assist a thief anymore. Do you lock your doors? Probably. Sure a thief could just break out a window and open the door, but the harder you make it for them, the more likely they`ll just go find another target IMO.

Thread Information