Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NYC blasts

Post Thanks / Like

Re: NYC blasts

Quote Originally Posted by House of Wax View Post
    wonder what the excuse was for the 1000 years before trump
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: NYC blasts

I couldn`t care less about offending people, but I *DO* care about depriving US Citizens of their Constitutional Rights without Due Process.

IMO most Slippery Slope arguments are nonsense, but I draw the line at suspending the Constitution without Due Process, even for "just some risky minority", even just "temporarily". Guess it`s a matter of "which risk matters more to you", and I`ll take my chances on my side of the fence. Without the guarantees under the Constitution, IMO this just wouldn`t be the USA.

I know this isn`t Weimar Germany, but the "it can`t happen here" argument always seems reasonable until things go sideways. Guess I`ve just known too many people who suffered from losing their Rights...

Does anybody *really* think it was OK to inter Japanese Americans during WWII? If you do, I bet you`ve never talked with anybody who went through it.

"If on the No-Fly List you can`t own a gun" sounds reasonable, right? Well, with a little effort you can get most anybody on that list, and once somebody`s on it they don`t come off. Doesn`t matter... unless it happens to you. Wonder how Hillary feels about whom the 2nd Amendment oughta apply to.. might not be you or me.

Think it`s OK to drone-strike a US citizen without Due Process of Law? Hey, it`s some radicalized terrorist so who cares, right? "The greater good" and all that...What`s the big deal about some extra-judicial killings, works fine in Central America...or does it?

How does it go?...Eternal Vigilance is the Price of Libery. No free luch, it`s a dangerous world.
    Likes Ronkh, kestrel452 liked this post
    Thanks Ronkh thanked for this post

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information