Thread: 52 and Counting

Post Thanks / Like

52 and Counting

As some of you know I`ve been trying to loose weight for the last several months....seems like years....anywho I`m down 52 pounds from where I started in September of last year....I`ve got about 20 more to go or about there....I`ve also been taken off the high blood pressure meds which is great...working on my cholesterol levels but that`s getting better...I exercise 4 to 5 days a week on the bicycle and lift weights....this life style change has made a huge difference in my life and quality there of
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 52 and Counting

Congrats Dave. Best of luck in reaching the last 20 of your goal.
    I still don`t believe in grit guards.

Post Thanks / Like

wow thats great, I give you credit, I am trying to do it myself and am struggling...probably becuase I enjoy eating so much.

Post Thanks / Like

How much did your diet change? I`m 37 and up until 10 years ago I was bean pole. I graduate at 135 (6`2"), married at 165. Then things changed. I remember hitting 200. Next I was 267. I began excercizing (I enjoy jogging / running) and lifting some weights. I got down to 230 about a year ago. I`ve plateau`d there for a year. My weight doesn`t fluctuate more than a few lbs now. It drives me nuts. I want to get down to 200 at least. Seems late night is when I eat the most. When my weight peeked though I was having a hard time going up my steps without getting winded. I started breathing hard when I`d clean an suv. Congrats on your continued success. I know it`s well deserved.

Post Thanks / Like

Couldn`t find the smilie.

This thread is no good without pics! J/K
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Hail the power of Quattro audiboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on the weight loss. I`ll be looking forward to my deployment so I can lose the 20+ pounds I`ve gained in the last 3 weeks. It`s amazing what a little determination can do. Congrats again and keep it up!
    If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you can read this in English, thank a soldier.

Post Thanks / Like

beemer,
    Congrats on the healthy lifestyle. I wish you the best of health,keep us posted .

Post Thanks / Like

A true role model. Something that I hope to emulate, Beemerboy!!! Good job and keep up the good work for a healthier lifestyle.
    cwcad

DO WHAT YOU SAY.....SAY WHAT YOU DO!!!!
    www.ldkbox.com a blog about life`s details

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PhaRO
    How much did your diet change? I`m 37 and up until 10 years ago I was bean pole. I graduate at 135 (6`2"), married at 165. Then things changed. I remember hitting 200. Next I was 267. I began excercizing (I enjoy jogging / running) and lifting some weights. I got down to 230 about a year ago. I`ve plateau`d there for a year. My weight doesn`t fluctuate more than a few lbs now. It drives me nuts. I want to get down to 200 at least. Seems late night is when I eat the most. When my weight peeked though I was having a hard time going up my steps without getting winded. I started breathing hard when I`d clean an suv. Congrats on your continued success. I know it`s well deserved.

Sorry about the late reply I was out all day yesterday....The real key for me was and is to remember that this cannot be a quick fix, nor a result that will happen over night...I started with joining the gym, then developing a habit of going 4 to 6 days a week..this took a month or better at which time I was not able to ride the indoor bike more than 30 minutes at level 4, with RPM`s about 75...today I can ride 60 minutes at level 8 and turn the crank at 95 RPM plus, this was inch by inch that I was able to get back into that shape...The weights I used a trainer that I traded a detail for, to help me understand all the machines and how to use them...this was a key factor in the workout....last the diet the hardest part...look at what you eat and when...late night is your problem area..look at lower calorie things to eat at that time...then over time, start to eat less then one day you will stop....I`ve changed the things that I eat very very little fast food these days and allot of fresh foods and skinless everything...LOL...concentrate on eating less and pushing back or have another helping of carrots (steamed) you have to change the calorie content to what you are eating

Lastly leave one day in the week or two for a dinner or lunch to enjoy your success and for a release....you need "that a boys" in this so that you don`t feel like you are torturing yourself...little by little I have used this as my template and it seems to be working...there are still some problem areas for me WINE in the evenings is one...however that`s 1/3 of what I was drinking so there is some success..Good Luck with yours the one this to remember is GET STARTED and use no excuse about why you can`t!
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Thread Information