Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

anybody have a micro Jumpstart pack?

Looking at picking up one of these and wondering if there`s any specific brands to avoid or any specific ones to buy.

RAVPower 14000mAh Car Jump Starter 550A Peak Current Portable Charger Car Battery (4.2A output, LCD Display, Safety Protection, Built-In Flashlight) Perfect for Diesel or Gas Engines up to 3L or 5L https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01C7746H6..._YYCqybQSV6NPW

There`s a million of em out there it seems. Not looking for my car necessarily , but would be nice to throw in my pack for my snowmobile (I have estart and no pull start) and for a portable way to recharge devices (cell phone, gopro, etc....)
    www.facebook.com/houseofwaxdetailing
    Likes rlmccarty2000 liked this post
    Thanks Civicclutch thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: anybody have a micro Jumpstart pack?

I`ve been researching these too. A friend of mine bought one off of QVC a year ago, but he hasn`t used it yet. Ebay has some very cheap, but you usually get what you pay for. I hope we can get some feedback on this. I`ve got a 3.0 liter diesel.

Post Thanks / Like

I have this one: https://www.amazon.com/AGA-16000mAh-Emergency-Ultra-bright-Cellphone/dp/B019MFTN7E/ref=sr_1_cc_1?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1480708087&sr=1-1-catcorr&keywords=16000+mah+portable+battery+jumpst art

Haven`t needed to use it for a jumpstart but it`s nice to have for safety of mind. I had it charged up for the Hurricane in case we lost power so that I could use it to keep the phone charged for a few days. I`m sure they`ll have no issue starting a snowmobile if they can start a full sized car engine.
    Likes House of Wax liked this post
    Thanks House of Wax thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Price look too good. I know that is a bad answer.

I purchased one that did not work well and returned it to AMAZON. It was not this one. Also there are some that have a problem and have caught fire- look on line and get the insurance info before you buy.

I know the NOCO is suppose to be good and safe. As long as you can return it, but this 55 dollar one. Leave lights on all night and see if it works? Let me know LOL

Quote Originally Posted by House of Wax View Post
    Looking at picking up one of these and wondering if there`s any specific brands to avoid or any specific ones to buy.

RAVPower 14000mAh Car Jump Starter 550A Peak Current Portable Charger Car Battery (4.2A output, LCD Display, Safety Protection, Built-In Flashlight) Perfect for Diesel or Gas Engines up to 3L or 5L https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01C7746H6..._YYCqybQSV6NPW

There`s a million of em out there it seems. Not looking for my car necessarily , but would be nice to throw in my pack for my snowmobile (I have estart and no pull start) and for a portable way to recharge devices (cell phone, gopro, etc....)

Post Thanks / Like

I have one. I purchased it at Napa called Blue Fuel. Got it for the "just in case" I might need it. I did jump my Mustang I could not believe it, can hold a charge up to a year here is a video, there others on the marketNAPA Lithium Iron Jump Starter - 85-901 Blue Fuel - YouTube
    http://Www.gonzodetailing.com

Anything in life worth doing is worth over doing, moderation is for cowards

Post Thanks / Like

Avoid this one : https://www.amazon.com/KMASHI-8000mA...rtable+charger

Did not jump start my car, couldn`t even hold a day`s worth of charge while charging a cellphone and small tablet, total BS purchase. I accepted the fact that it was weak for a car and kept it, but as soon as I saw it drain over one day and 2 portable devices charged, I returned it .

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like the one that didn`t work for me either.

Quote Originally Posted by Migue View Post

Did not jump start my car, couldn`t even hold a day`s worth of charge while charging a cellphone and small tablet, total BS purchase. I accepted the fact that it was weak for a car and kept it, but as soon as I saw it drain over one day and 2 portable devices charged, I returned it .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Migue View Post

thanks for the heads up.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by atgonzales View Post
    I have one. I purchased it at Napa called Blue Fuel. Got it for the "just in case" I might need it. I did jump my Mustang I could not believe it, can hold a charge up to a year here is a video, there others on the marketNAPA Lithium Iron Jump Starter - 85-901 Blue Fuel - YouTube
    I`ll look into that one. thank you

Post Thanks / Like

You want my take on them. .
    Get a good battery tester and get a new battery at least every 4 years.
    Unless you`re in business jumping cars , that stuff is a money waster.
    Now you need to maintain a jump start battery too...makes no sense.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JSFM35X View Post
    Price look too good. I know that is a bad answer.

I purchased one that did not work well and returned it to AMAZON. It was not this one. Also there are some that have a problem and have caught fire- look on line and get the insurance info before you buy.

I know the NOCO is suppose to be good and safe. As long as you can return it, but this 55 dollar one. Leave lights on all night and see if it works? Let me know LOL
    yeah, I was necessarily set on that one, just posted it as an example more or less. I was looking at the Noco ones. thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Paul@Autopia View Post
    I have this one: https://www.amazon.com/AGA-16000mAh-Emergency-Ultra-bright-Cellphone/dp/B019MFTN7E/ref=sr_1_cc_1?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1480708087&sr=1-1-catcorr&keywords=16000+mah+portable+battery+jumpst art

Haven`t needed to use it for a jumpstart but it`s nice to have for safety of mind. I had it charged up for the Hurricane in case we lost power so that I could use it to keep the phone charged for a few days. I`m sure they`ll have no issue starting a snowmobile if they can start a full sized car engine.
    That looks like a pretty nice kit

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShawnF350 View Post
    You want my take on them. .
    Get a good battery tester and get a new battery at least every 4 years.
    Unless you`re in business jumping cars , that stuff is a money waster.
    Now you need to maintain a jump start battery too...makes no sense.
    Not really concerned with cars, I`ve got a set of jumper cables in each. Plan on using it more for my sled, our boat, charging devices when on the go, etc.....

Post Thanks / Like

I been eyeing these all year, I want to get one for my boat. Both livewells and fishfinders run off the starting battery and with bass boat it can be 4-5 hours sometimes before you restart the motor on the water and I always fear I may have used to much power on that battery to crank the big motor.

Post Thanks / Like

I have one, I forget the brand. I`ve used it on 3 different occasions for 2 different uses.1. Jumped my neighbors car. Initally when connected, it wouldn`t crank over. Left it connected for a few minutes and then car turned over and started.2. I jumped my tacoma. Battery died and needed to be jumped to get home. This time I connected, left on for a few minutes and started no problem.3. went camping and used it to charge phone.Pretty cool, paid $70. I leave it under my seat cause its so small. Good piece of mind and since it lithium, it holds its charge for a long time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information