Thread: Road Trip 2018

Post Thanks / Like

Road Trip 2018

Well its that time of year again, and I`m looking for some suggestions. I am picking my son up from school Monday, and we are planning our annual road trip for the end of the first week of June.

Last year was North, this year South !

Major destinations are:

1. Shenandoah National Park
    (They have 2 alerts on their site, black bears and traffic caused by road closures-boy am I excited to go there! lol)

2. Jack Daniels Distillery
    (good news, they DO have Uber and DON`T have any traffic or black bear alerts)
    We fill in as we go. Anyone have any good ideas along the way?

We are heading out of NY, Thursday night late or Friday super early depending on what the first destination end up being.

Our interests are Music-all types, Cars, Nature, Food, interesting historical places, festivals and concerts, semi (or not so) serious hiking (I`ll be wearing sneakers so maybe not so serious hiking) Laugh-It got me to the top of Mt Cadillac!

Thanks for any input !
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Road Trip 2018

If you come my way and leave on Friday, look up Hunt Valley Horsepower. Average 5-6 hundred on a nice morning. Right off I83. Let me know and we can finally meet!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Mike.

I would sure like to meet you and only wish my car would be cleaner than it would be after the drive down. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike lambert View Post
    If you come my way and leave on Friday, look up Hunt Valley Horsepower. Average 5-6 hundred on a nice morning. Right off I83. Let me know and we can finally meet!

Post Thanks / Like

I know your trip will probably bring you down I-95 (I hope you have an EZ-Pass for all the tolls!) but if for some reason you come off I-95 to I-78 and eventually I-81 (which you avoid tolls this way, well except for the George Washington Bridge...) you can hit up the Appalachian trail which goes right through my county here in South Central, PA. There`s also the Antietam National Battlefield which is in Sharpsburg, MD (Which I think is close to Mike?) that is a really cool visit. There`s also the abandoned PA Turnpike tunnels in Breezewood, PA that is really neat to walk/hike through. About 15 minutes from my house. I`ll actually be on vacation that week as well, so if you happen to want to hit those spots let me know.
    2022 Toyota Tacoma TRD OR 4x4 6MT - 2023 Toyota Camry SE

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the response and ideas. We actually did the Appalachian trail but the northern tract. I do have an ez pass and I really appreciate the offer.

I’ll keep you posted after we finalize the route.

Have a nice weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Nizmo View Post
    I know your trip will probably bring you down I-95 (I hope you have an EZ-Pass for all the tolls!) but if for some reason you come off I-95 to I-78 and eventually I-81 (which you avoid tolls this way, well except for the George Washington Bridge...) you can hit up the Appalachian trail which goes right through my county here in South Central, PA. There`s also the Antietam National Battlefield which is in Sharpsburg, MD (Which I think is close to Mike?) that is a really cool visit. There`s also the abandoned PA Turnpike tunnels in Breezewood, PA that is really neat to walk/hike through. About 15 minutes from my house. I`ll actually be on vacation that week as well, so if you happen to want to hit those spots let me know.

Thread Information