Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Why I hate Grocery Store Parking Lots!

So yesterday night I washed the Taurus. The BF MS paste made washing a breeze. I used BF BS Detailer as a drying aid. The car was looking great.

My wife went to the grocery store and gym today. She knows to park around nobody in the back.

We were doing some yard work and I opened the garage door to get some gloves.

As the door opens I was in horror. I asked her if she hit the car with her purse or bag getting in the trunk. She replies "I know better, why"? I toddler someone swiped the passenger taillight and scuffed the paint. She was not near the passenger side. Also made sure no one was neat her. Obviously someone hit it with their bag or purse.

Does anybody pay attention to what they are doing or respect others property?

Hard to see it but my eye caught it immediately.

Before WW wash

After BF WW (really liking this as well as the non fruity smell)

Time for the 3" pads to come out and love the paint a little.

Can`t have anything nice anymore!

Ps. The dishwasher is there till the kitchen cabinets come to remodel the kitchen. It is not usually that crowded.

Sent from my D6708 using Tapatalk
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Why I hate Grocery Store Parking Lots!

My Jeep was like 2 weeks old when I noticed the rear bumper was popped off its mounts. I looked it over not noticing the scuff on the bottom plastic, but off I go to the dealer to see if they can pop it back on, I though it simply came lose.

The manager was exhilarated to point the scuff out to me. He even had the nutz to tell me those clips are like 10 bucks! Well punch me in the dick, a whole 10 bucks!!!

Unreal.
    Likes TuxedoTaurus liked this post

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

man that sucks ...
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Post Thanks / Like

I feel your pain, every time I clean my girlfriend`s car I`m worried I will find something new. I found a tiny dent in the hood that had some skid marks on it, like someone was carrying a heavy purse or something over the hood and slammed then dragged it on for a second.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JBM View Post
    My Jeep was like 2 weeks old when I noticed the rear bumper was popped off its mounts. I looked it over not noticing the scuff on the bottom plastic, but off I go to the dealer to see if they can pop it back on, I though it simply came lose.

The manager was exhilarated to point the scuff out to me. He even had the nutz to tell me those clips are like 10 bucks! Well punch me in the dick, a whole 10 bucks!!!

Unreal.
    RIDICULOUS! On both parts

Ihad similar experience with a body shop. I had a bumper painted. 2 months later it warms up the paint chips off. I take it back and their "inspector" looks at said it shouldn`t have happened, bring it back. They either didn`t prep right or not enough flex additive. A week later I bring it back and the secretary is getting ready to process the paper work. The owner comes flying out of his office and says "let me look at it". He swore someone hit it. No signs of it whatsoever. His inspector and Secretary looked like deer in headlights when I called them out about them agreeing to fix when we talked a week prior. I was lived.

Likes JBM, Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Migue View Post
    I feel your pain, every time I clean my girlfriend`s car I`m worried I will find something new. I found a tiny dent in the hood that had some skid marks on it, like someone was carrying a heavy purse or something over the hood and slammed then dragged it on for a second.
    I am like that every time I visit my parents and wash their car or my sisters. It stresses me out washing there vehicles.

Post Thanks / Like

They did fix it for free for me, I refreshed his memory that we purchased 2 vehicles there last month, and i didnt get the buy 1 get one like on Autopia!

Post Thanks / Like

If you ever watch people walking through a crowded parking lot, most don`t pay attention to their bags in relation to the proximity of others vehicles. Ive had a few incidents before while i was still in the car. One time I was sitting in my wife`s car while she ran in the store, and a lady came walking between our car and another and all I heard was her zipper rubbing against our car as she walked by. It was real hard not to get out and say something, but I feel most people simply don`t care and it would`ve been a waste of breath. Thankfully I got out and couldn`t see any visible damage somehow, but still.

Another time, I was on the ferry boat to the island and it was a full boat. For anyone who has had their car ferried, you know how tight they pack the cars in. Well about 10 minutes into the ride, the guy next to me decided he wanted to get out of the passenger side of the car he was in. This guy just swung the door open with him leaning on it to balance himself (he likely had a few beers in him) right into my fender. As soon as he steps out, all he can manage is a half hearted sorry and kept on his way without a care.

Some people just suck, plain and simple no matter how much you try to avoid their ignorance. But at least it buffed out and wasn`t worse! Another plus is that your wife knows to park far away to minimize the risk.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nautical View Post
    If you ever watch people walking through a crowded parking lot, most don`t pay attention to their bags in relation to the proximity of others vehicles. Ive had a few incidents before while i was still in the car. One time I was sitting in my wife`s car while she ran in the store, and a lady came walking between our car and another and all I heard was her zipper rubbing against our car as she walked by. It was real hard not to get out and say something, but I feel most people simply don`t care and it would`ve been a waste of breath. Thankfully I got out and couldn`t see any visible damage somehow, but still.

Another time, I was on the ferry boat to the island and it was a full boat. For anyone who has had their car ferried, you know how tight they pack the cars in. Well about 10 minutes into the ride, the guy next to me decided he wanted to get out of the passenger side of the car he was in. This guy just swung the door open with him leaning on it to balance himself (he likely had a few beers in him) right into my fender. As soon as he steps out, all he can manage is a half hearted sorry and kept on his way without a care.

Some people just suck, plain and simple no matter how much you try to avoid their ignorance. But at least it buffed out and wasn`t worse! Another plus is that your wife knows to park far away to minimize the risk.
    I have 15% tint on the Taurus so it`s hard to see in. I was sitting in front of a convenient store and in front of the 4 parking around me there are signs that say "No Trucks, Vans, or SUV parking". So this ragged out late 90`s early 00`s expedition pulls next me tires are over the line on my side. The guy hits my door gets back in and the driver backs out to park in another spot. I hear here fussing at him.

So I get out after the back up. The looks on there face was comical, guilt all over their faces. Then the driver had the nerve to say "Oh, did we hit you?" I said yeah, and you knew it, you were fussing at the guy that hit me. She then just drove off without saying anything.

Lucky there was no signs of damage.

Post Thanks / Like

Too bad Tuxedo but could have been much worse.

I had a lady back into my front bumper while I was sitting in my van. She scraped it up pretty good. But she was very apologetic and felt terrible about it. We talked for a while and she told me how her Mom just passed away and she lost her job and didnt have a place to live and was staying with friends. So you just never know what people are going through.

We exchanged insurance info only to find out a few days later her insurance cancelled her for being late on her payment.

Anyway my insurance picked up the bill 869.00 for a repaint on my bumper.

I kept the money and bought some 20.00 touch up paint . So for me I really made out in the deal in the end.
    Prayer of St.Francis
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69ni2...endscreen&NR=1

Post Thanks / Like

I know this doesn`t help you too terribly much and I know it still sucks but... at least you can polish that out.

Within a week of having my new (to me) truck I got a good dent in the rear bumper. Went to Taco Bell and decided to park in the front, they weren`t busy and I was running late for work.

I see a red early 2000`s Ford F150 back out of his spot and get awfully close to mine. He stopped and paused while starting in his RH mirror. That should`ve been the sign for me. I got out and curiosity finally got to me, I walked to the back of the truck and - sure enough - big old dent in my otherwise flawless rear bumper. I can`t bend it back out, it`s thick and chromed so I just have to deal until I decide to shell out a few hundred for a new one.
    “Those who are able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses.” - Plato

Now, if you will excuse me, I must go pray for wisdom from the Meguiar`s gods.

Post Thanks / Like

I park out in the very back of the parking lot, even in the work truck. I do electrical service for most of the "big box" stores so I have to carry in tools, ladders, and materials all the time. I conscientiously walk a wide path around any vehicles to avoid touching anyone`s property. I see it all the time though with others, they slam doors into other vehicles, let shopping carts roll into cars, you name it. Then people always ask why I park way out in a corner spot....lol

Southern New Mexico which is NOT the Land of Enchantment.
    Post Thanks / Like

They`re Out There, And They Breed ? Please park a loooong way from the idiots, whether they be speaking Spanish, English,... Whatever. Many, many, people are slobs? I have always tried to take good care of my cars, but "others" may not give a Rat`s Ass?

Walking is very good exercise, even after you are 70? (Hung myself here?).

So is polishing your L`Auto ("Car" for the Anglophiles). It`s the rest of the Human Zoo who tends to screw many of us?

Accept DEATH for a pretty car, if you park it "next-door" to a Texting Idiot? Especially, if they`re female with a big purse & stroller, and 3 kiddos who run wild across the parking lot? Ugh. Fessing up here, "guys",...I AM one of those terrible/scart FEMALES. I have come to disrespect "my own", as much as many intelligent people do.

Male, vs Female, won`t work here, boys. The stupido public distracted on their phones, etc are "regardless" of sexual orientation. I often drive pricey cars, and my personal rides stay clear of close-parking for tarmac at Walmart/Target/WhateverBigBoxStore parking lots. I don`t want to phone my insurance company, because of Mr/Mrs Out2Lunch. 90% of your problems solved (Note,...that wasn`t 100%).

Gripe, gripe, gripe......

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OpenRoad View Post
    They`re Out There, And They Breed ? Please park a loooong way from the idiots, whether they be speaking Spanish, English,... Whatever. Many, many, people are slobs? I have always tried to take good care of my cars, but "others" may not give a Rat`s Ass?

Walking is very good exercise, even after you are 70? (Hung myself here?).

So is polishing your L`Auto ("Car" for the Anglophiles). It`s the rest of the Human Zoo who tends to screw many of us?

Accept DEATH for a pretty car, if you park it "next-door" to a Texting Idiot? Especially, if they`re female with a big purse & stroller, and 3 kiddos who run wild across the parking lot? Ugh. Fessing up here, "guys",...I AM one of those terrible/scart FEMALES. I have come to disrespect "my own", as much as many intelligent people do.

Male, vs Female, won`t work here, boys. The stupido public distracted on their phones, etc are "regardless" of sexual orientation. I often drive pricey cars, and my personal rides stay clear of close-parking for tarmac at Walmart/Target/WhateverBigBoxStore parking lots. I don`t want to phone my insurance company, because of Mr/Mrs Out2Lunch. 90% of your problems solved (Note,...that wasn`t 100%).

Gripe, gripe, gripe......
    I don`t think it has anything to do with male or female. I`ve seen just as many male offenders as I have females. Gender is an entirely inconsequential bit of information here.

Cell phones also not the concern. I know I`m not that old but I do remember the days before cell phones were prominent. Again, have never noticed a difference. People always search for a distraction.

1. People don`t care. It`s that simple. Some people don`t care about their car, some people don`t care about yours, some people don`t care about either.
    2. People are always lacking in the attention department. I`ve seen men walk into doors looking at - I`ll just call it "the scenery." I`ve seen women drop half the contents of their purse without even knowing. I`ve seen kids run in front of a moving car (who hasn`t). Walk in a new building one day and give me an estimate of how many people were in there, where the exits are, and tell me the bulk of an outfit for one person in the building. You get 30 seconds. Can`t do it without having to think about it? Welcome to a majority of people. Granted, mine definitely got heightened with training, deployments, and paranoia resulting from those two but still.
    3. Integrity - the quality of being honest and having strong moral principles; moral uprightness. "Oops! I scratched this car!" ** Quickly looks around for a possible owner/anyone looking. ** "Whew! Nope, let`s keep going then."
    “Those who are able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses.” - Plato

Now, if you will excuse me, I must go pray for wisdom from the Meguiar`s gods.

Post Thanks / Like

You are all giving advice to park far away. Sometimes when you do that, some douche bag decides he`s gonna park tight next to you anyway. Sometimes they get owned...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xibtzwdXgfI
    Thanks trashmanssd thanked for this post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information