Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: anyone vape?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: anyone vape?

Quote Originally Posted by yg1829 View Post
    The vape world has changed greatly in the past couple years..
    Thats for sure!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Thats for sure!
    Ughh I hated that cigarette hangover! Now that I quit everything though I definitely miss it most when Ive had a few adult beverages.

As far as the 24mg. When I started all that was available was the cigarette look a likes. I was a pack a day smoker and the 24 just hit the spot. As I progressed in the world of MODS the devices had a lot more power requiring much less nicotine.

I kept it pretty low key though. On a mechanical mods I would only run a 1.3 - 1.5 ohm coil. I never got into the whole sub ohm vaping craze with these crazy competition and stuff lol!!

I see these kids at the college I work at blowing these huge clouds of vapor and it just makes me laugh. They look rather funny.

I really hope they never ban these devices though. I really think they are a great tool to help people quit. It worked for me and people I know.

Are they perfect and harmless? No I dont think so. But I do believe they are a lot less harmful than analogs. Harm reduction is a good thing.

Now...what happens when people super heat the liquid and coil with this crazy wattage? I dont know but I dont think its good.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Youre avoiding a lot of "byproducts of combustion" for one thing, carbon monoxide and (supposedly) the majority of carcinogens. Youre simply not inhaling "tobacco smoke" in the conventional sense but rather something else thats (again, *supposedly*) far less harmful. The actual "tobacco content" of many ejuices is virtually unmeasurable.

Not that breathing *ANYTHING* other than good ol *AIR* is a great idea Its one of those "lesser of evils" things.

For me, its a worthwhile change if only because of how my cardio goes better.

Opinions vary as to the harmful effects/lack thereof related to nicotine in-and-of itself. Not that its a great thing to be indulging in either, but hey, as stimulants go its not Meth even if its not just caffeine either.

Hey, nobody oughta smoke, vape, chew or use snuff. Nobody oughta eat sugar or processed meat. Nobody oughta drink soda. Nobody oughta be sedentary or get less than eight hours of sleep every night or get a suntan. Ya pays your money and ya takes your chances and we all die eventually anyhow.
    I see the benefits over cigarettes now that you mention them.

Is this vaping smoking thing done in private or can you use it in public?

So this is the same as e cigarettes? i imagined them looking more like a cigarette.

Post Thanks / Like

www.facebook.com/houseofwaxdetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ca.detailchick View Post
    Is this vaping smoking thing done in private or can you use it in public?
    I dont do it in public (seldom smoked in public after it became such a Big Deal to so many people), but I know people who do. Whether its a violation of Smoking Ordinances seems to depend on the locale.
    So this is the same as e cigarettes? i imagined them looking more like a cigarette.
    Yeah, same thing. Some of em do look like plastic cigarettes but other systems look all sci-fi/steampunk.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yg1829 View Post
    Ughh I hated that cigarette hangover! Now that I quit everything though I definitely miss it most when Ive had a few adult beverages...
    Yeah, I seldom have enough drinks to feel it when Im not vaping as alcohol and "smoking" are simply *that* ingrained for me and I dont see myself giving up *both* vices any time soon.

I had sorted out the (conventional) hangover just fine, simply *never* experience it any more and havent for years, but whenever I had too many cigs...well, I sure didnt want another for a while.
    As far as the 24mg. When I started all that was available was the cigarette look a likes. I was a pack a day smoker and the 24 just hit the spot..
    Ah, yeah..used to be you had to get something pretty potent to get a decent experience, I just never tried a 24. Kinda odd given my preference for Camels.

I kept it pretty low key though. On a mechanical mods I would only run a 1.3 - 1.5 ohm coil. I never got into the whole sub ohm vaping craze with these crazy competition and stuff lol!!
    Yeah, Im right at the "I can be OK with doing it this way" level and thats plenty good enough. Not looking for a new hobby or the Ultimate Vapor Experience.

I see these kids at the college I work at blowing these huge clouds of vapor and it just makes me laugh. They look rather funny.
    Heh heh, I try to be nonjudgmental but yeah....and I bet that contributes to the anti-vaping folks getting all worked up. People who throw around those (highly questionable at best, actually made-up at worst) stats regarding secondhand-smoke are doing it about vaping now.

I really hope they never ban these devices though. I really think they are a great tool to help people quit. It worked for me and people I know.

Are they perfect and harmless? No I dont think so. But I do believe they are a lot less harmful than analogs. Harm reduction is a good thing.
    People who rage against them also say "good job!" when somebody chews nicotine gum, says they hate it, but theyre trying to quit. Vaping looks too, uhm...enjoyable and naughty and well...we cant have that now can we Gotta protect everyone from themselves now days...

Now...what happens when people super heat the liquid and coil with this crazy wattage? I dont know but I dont think its good.
    Certain [individuals] just gotta push whatever envelope

Some young kid (too young to be doing it legally) here in Ohio just got injured when a hi-watt device blew up on him at a Vaping Parlor. More ammo for the "lets ban everything like that!" crowd.
    Likes yg1829 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

My coworkers vape nicotine in the office despite the no smoking laws.

Its kinda odd to see a huge cloud shot out from my bosses cubical area.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I seldom have enough drinks to feel it when Im not vaping as alcohol and "smoking" are simply *that* ingrained for me and I dont see myself giving up *both* vices any time soon.

I had sorted out the (conventional) hangover just fine, simply *never* experience it any more and havent for years, but whenever I had too many cigs...well, I sure didnt want another for a while.

Ah, yeah..used to be you had to get something pretty potent to get a decent experience, I just never tried a 24. Kinda odd given my preference for Camels.

Yeah, Im right at the "I can be OK with doing it this way" level and thats plenty good enough. Not looking for a new hobby or the Ultimate Vapor Experience.

Heh heh, I try to be nonjudgmental but yeah....and I bet that contributes to the anti-vaping folks getting all worked up. People who throw around those (highly questionable at best, actually made-up at worst) stats regarding secondhand-smoke are doing it about vaping now.

People who rage against them also say "good job!" when somebody chews nicotine gum, says they hate it, but theyre trying to quit. Vaping looks too, uhm...enjoyable and naughty and well...we cant have that now can we Gotta protect everyone from themselves now days...

Certain [individuals] just gotta push whatever envelope

Some young kid (too young to be doing it legally) here in Ohio just got injured when a hi-watt device blew up on him at a Vaping Parlor. More ammo for the "lets ban everything like that!" crowd.
    I couldnt agree more Accumulator!!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

once the Nickle wires came out i kinda just dropped out of the vape scene. i mean i still vape but no longer do the cloud competitions.

Post Thanks / Like

ascarbo27- Heh heh, Ive purposefully avoided totally geeking out on the stuff. A pal in the Jag Club (whos an off-the-deep-end chain-vaper, actually has a setup just for use in *the shower* ) predicted that Id really dig the hardware aspect of the whole thing and, considering the source, I actually took that as a bit of a warning

I never got the whole Competition thing, but OK, whatever makes people happy. Some people make a rather involved hobby out of smoking cigars while others just smoke their stogies.

Post Thanks / Like

for the shower? what the heck how do you vape in the shower... thats kind of awesome imo, for comps im 23 years old i have friends that brought me into the comp world haha

Post Thanks / Like

ascarbo27- I gather his one setup is highly water-resistant. Ive known lots of heavy smokers, but hes the #1 nicotine addict of my acquaintance.

And yeah...heh heh, I remember being 23. Gee, that was half-a-lifetime ago now

Post Thanks / Like

did he make the water resistant set up ?

Post Thanks / Like

Some people make a rather involved hobby out of smoking cigars while others just smoke their stogies.
    Currently enjoying the newest issue of Cigar Aficionado.
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.
    Likes mnehls86, ShakingHorizons liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ascarbo27 View Post
    did he make the water resistant set up ?
    I gather he bought it somewhere...we didnt discuss it in depth.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D
    Currently enjoying the newest issue of Cigar Aficionado.
    See! Heh heh, yeah I did think of you

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information