Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

No-Bama Care ?????

Quote Originally Posted by Poorboy View Post
    Yes, but whats the plan to fix it? If your Vette stopped running .. you would tell the dealer to fix it, not tell you about other cars that had problems that couldnt be helped and how much Chevy spent designing and your car.
    Im sorry. There is no way to fix it at this point. Its like trying to turn a pickle back into a cucumber - it just cant happen. The main reason why there is no way to fix it - is because the people dont want to fix it.

Most people have it in their head these days that either God, The United States, or some other entity is responsible for their healthcare, paying to raise and educate their children, and providing all their necessities of life. This is the modern mentality of entitlement.

The only way we are going back is through some type of take over or revolution - not that Im advocating that or expecting to see that. I predict entitlements and income redistribution will continue to increase exponentially until the country is completely broke and nobody will lend us a nickel.
    Likes House of Wax, GearHead_1, Poorboy liked this post
    Thanks GearHead_1 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: No-Bama Care ?????

Yes, but whats the plan to fix it? If your Vette stopped running .. you would tell the dealer to fix it, not tell you about other cars that had problems that couldnt be helped and how much Chevy spent designing and your car.

This is me youre talking to.... $vw$ remember. History.

But since you made your life in detailing, Ill put it in detailing terms as before.

Polish a turd, its still a TURD. Just a little shinier......
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!
    Likes GearHead_1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Fundamentally flawed. Might have some shiny patches but there is rust in those rear quarters. You can sling a little plastic, spray a little paint and make more shiny areas but the rust is still there. Simply said, there was never a way to pay for this that does not hurt the masses.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Likes davidc, Ronkh liked this post
    Thanks davidc, Ronkh thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Swanicyouth View Post
    Im sorry. There is no way to fix it at this point. Its like trying to turn a pickle back into a cucumber - it just cant happen. The main reason why there is no way to fix it - is because the people dont want to fix it.

Most people have it in their head these days that either God, The United States, or some other entity is responsible for their healthcare, paying to raise and educate their children, and providing all their necessities of life. This is the modern mentality of entitlement.

The only way we are going back is through some type of take over or revolution - not that Im advocating that or expecting to see that. I predict entitlements and income redistribution will continue to increase exponentially until the country is completely broke and nobody will lend us a nickel.
    I completely agree with this. Youve got a lot of people that are getting some form of care now thanks to taxing people that actually work. No politician is going to reverse that

Post Thanks / Like

Great analogy.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Likes Swanicyouth liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

. I predict entitlements and income redistribution will continue to increase exponentially until the country is completely broke and nobody will lend us a nickel.
    Hmmmmmm

Sounds like Greece to me. A true Greek tragedy.
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!
    Likes Swanicyouth, rlmccarty2000 liked this post

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

It certainly is broken and we have become a country of extremism .. the government has stepped into places it doesnt belong, but some type of repair , even if slight , has to start with Congress meeting somewhere in the middle as they have done in the past ... there has to be changes in loopholes for some people and corporations .. but we are a democracy and the goal of most people is to have a better life than their parents and make more money ..

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    This is me youre talking to.... $vw$ remember. History.

But since you made your life in detailing, Ill put it in detailing terms as before.

Polish a turd, its still a TURD. Just a little shinier......
    Yeah I know, I know , but you still loved that Turd for a while and made it shine when it did run good, then traded it in and got a decent return for the turd... not sure where that was going

Quote Originally Posted by GearHead_1 View Post
    Fundamentally flawed. Might have some shiny patches but there is rust in those rear quarters. You can sling a little plastic, spray a little paint and make more shiny areas but the rust is still there. Simply said, there was never a way to pay for this that does not hurt the masses.
    True, but many who like their classic car would cut off the rust and weld on a good quarter ( just welded patches to my Caddy fenders cause there are no good replacements out there that also didnt need work)

Hmmmmmm

Sounds like Greece to me. A true Greek tragedy.
    If we could retire and live on government stipends like they have been doing, I would totally agree. Just received my annual " what you would be paid if you retire statement from Social Security" and it isnt realistic unless you have saved a lot and / or have a pension.
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I know, I know , but you still loved that Turd for a while and made it shine when it did run good, then traded it in and got a decent return for the turd... not sure where that was going
    That I scrapped it and started over.

Post Thanks / Like

That I scrapped it and started over.

You gave it back to them for free?? Hey i would have taken it then, it almost beat a motorcycle

Post Thanks / Like

You gave it back to them for free?? Hey i would have taken it then, it almost beat a motorcycle
    Free? Nowhere did I say free. I said I repealed it and replaced it........... (like those political terms)

Post Thanks / Like

Free? Nowhere did I say free. I said I repealed it and replaced it........... (like those political terms)
    bet someone out there still has it and has used more warranty repairs

Post Thanks / Like

bet someone out there still has it and has used more warranty repairs
    I feel bad for the fool that got it after the warranty ended..........

Post Thanks / Like

I feel bad for the fool that got it after the warranty ended..........
    extended warranty

Post Thanks / Like

extended warranty
    so where do we buy the ocare extended warranty ???? I crack myself up.

Post Thanks / Like

so where do we buy the ocare extended warranty ???? I crack myself up.
    I think its called Medicare part B? for us people getting up there

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread Information