Post Thanks / Like

Not impressed with Canadian Tire Simoniz Touchless Car Wash

I am new to detailing, and for drying, I`ve been using 100% cotton towels. They always leave a huge amount of lint on my car which I hoped would stop after the 3rd of 4th wash but it didn`t so I made my way to Canadian Tire to pick up an "Absorber" which had some good reviews. I was just a bit late and it was closed.

Tomorrow is when my grandparents are coming back to the country. They left before I bought the car, so they`ve never seen it before and I`d like to impress them a little. I also have a banquet to attend so I really wanted my car cleaned up.

I decided to bite the bullet because I knew I wouldn`t have enough time to run to Canadian Tire tomorrow to pick up the "Absorber" and go home and wash and dry the car. Canadian Tire had a new Simoniz Touchless Car wash that I thought I`d try.

I went with the second best option, for 10 dollars which not bad in my book. The best option only had TireShine which I did not care for, I just wanted my car cleaned, and a little extra protectant did my mind well.

The wash was one of the ones which pulled your car along in neutral, which I liked because you`d know that the timing was pretty much perfect. (Especially the blowing which I never get right with the ones where you drive yourself through)

Nothing was very different. You went in and were sprayed with soap, then the tricolored wax, and then you were pressure sprayed off and on to drying. It was a little quicker than I expected. I didn`t feel like the car was hosed off enough.

As I was pulled through the drying process. The air pressure caused some soap which was stuck at the bottom of my windshield to come out and was left on my hood. I had to park my car and grab some paper towels to dry off the soap which marred the finish a little.

Wasn`t a huge deal because I can just pull out some detailing spray tomorrow and fix it up, but it`s never happened to me in a car wash before and I can`t say I was impressed. Needless to say, I`ll get the "Absorber" soon and will never go back to this one again.

Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Not impressed with Canadian Tire Simoniz Touchless Car Wash

I`m not sure I understand the product, but I don`t prefer anything SImoniz (Can).
    Brenton Dickieson

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Not impressed with Canadian Tire Simoniz Touchless Car Wash

im osrry to hear that you had all that happen to your car, This site is dedicated to not using automatic car washes, ui cant remebr who said it (it was someone on the forum and I give fuull credit to whowever it is) "autmatic car washes are like hookers you want to be the next to use it?". also the paper towel on the paint is not somthing that is common practice around here. Siminiz makes crappy products, I dont think I like s single one. Hopefully you impresed your grandparents. I think Maybe next time you should do a wash and wax by hand, and use a water based dressing on your tires. Im sorry to hear you had to use an automatic car wash. better luck next time
    06 Nissan Altima 3.5SE

Thread Information