Re: Snowmobile adventures

Homeboy was a little excited lol

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    www.facebook.com/houseofwaxdetailing
    Likes BadgerRivFan, nickclark08, Stokdgs liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Late night arrival crashing at Omer`s in Toivola, MI.....nice little cabins. Can`t wait to hit the trails in the morning

Likes BadgerRivFan, nickclark08, Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Lots of beautiful pictures and it looks like a lot of fun. I have to admit that it sure looks awful cold for us Texas guys. LOL
    Jay

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by House of Wax View Post
    Lots of variables, but 100ish stock

Wow. That`s awesome!
    Scott Harle
    www.autodermatology.com
    Autodermatology
    Serving Naples and SW Florida
    Instagram: www.instagram.com/autodermatology
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/autodermatology

Post Thanks / Like

Been tossing around the idea of getting a gas caddy for the last couple years but hadn`t pulled the trigger. Well after a butt puckering fuel issue on our trip a few weeks ago, I decided to drop the coin. Picked up the Ski Doo caddy with the Linq brackets. Install was super simple and the Linq brackets work awesome:

Just went on a trip with the wife and kiddos last week....was very nice having the piece of mind of an extra 3 gallons of gas should someone run out

Post Thanks / Like

Welp.....last week is going to go down as one of the most unforgettable few days of my life. My wife and I for the first few years we were married had sleds and took several trips together every winter. Had a baby, didn`t get to go, sold all our stuff. I eventually got back into it myself, and finally this season picked up a sled for my wife as well since we thought the kids were finally old enough to ride.

Well, last week we finally made our first trip as a whole family. Spent 3 days in the UP (Keweenaw Peninsula area). My kids are 4 and 8.....I was a bit stressed out trying to get gear for the kids and plan well enough that they would have fun and be warm. Was pretty nervous going into it.....our kids go along with most things, but you never know. They were absolute rock stars......the whole trip from beginning to end went better than I could`ve ever hoped for.

We stayed at a little place called Omer`s in Toivola, MI. They have 3 small cabins and a bar/grill right on the property. The owners were incredibly friendly, cabins were basic but clean and had everything we needed, and it was really nice a couple of nights being able to walk over to the restaurant to have dinner and a couple of cocktails at the end of the evening.

Our digs for the trip:

And the bar/grill. Great food:

Post Thanks / Like

On to the riding. I had no clue how each day was going to go. Didn`t have high hopes for putting on lots of miles......ended up doing 130 miles on Thursday, 120 on Friday, and on Saturday 65 with the kids and another 150 on my own. I could not believe it. I never would`ve dreamt we would`ve gotten anywhere close to 100 miles with them. They had a blast the whole time and were both upset when we packed to leave Sunday without doing more riding. I spent a ton of time in the month or so before the trip scouring the net for used warm gear. I knew for anyone to have fun I needed to make sure they stayed warm, but didn`t want to spend much since they grow so darn fast. It paid off cus they stayed toasty warm for most of the trip......got a bit cold on Saturday. There was a pretty strong wind on Saturday and even my wife said she was a little chilled. I think they were a little worn out by then too. But all in all everything worked out great.

I have no idea how it`s possible, but my son would pass out on the sled, and I swear the rougher the trail was the harder he slept. We`d be bangin down a bouncy trail, he`d be passed out cold, and when I stopped at a stop sign for a minute he`d wake up haha:

Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

On to the trails and scenery......Trails were a mixed bag. Probably 75% great and 25% brutal. All kinda depended on how ya timed it with the groomers. That`s all to be expected thought in that area, especially with the lack of snow in so many places south of the UP. There was a TON of traffic, but fortunately everybody we came across was courteous and we didn`t have any close calls. Unfortunately there are a lot of morons out there that ride like they own the trails, so I was very pleased with how that went.

The scenery on the other hand was 100% amazing. That`s one of my favorite aspects about the sport that a lot of people don`t understand that don`t ride. Nature is awesome and there`s so much cool stuff to see even in the winter.

A look at Lake Superior on different sides of the peninsula:

Lots of cool bridges going over ravines and rivers:

This one was especially awesome. These are all over old rail beds and this one is over Agate Falls: Agate Falls Railroad Bridge - HistoricBridges.org

https://youtu.be/Sxq_4keLkGQ

Post Thanks / Like

Great pictures.
    Jay

Post Thanks / Like

Another treat is hitting up the local establishments. Everybody is always so friendly and laid back up there. Also enjoy supporting the little mom and pop places

As long as anyone had popcorn, homeboy was happy

My daughter insisted she wanted the foot long hot dog on the menu.....think she got more than she bargained for

Always have to stop at the ``` bar when riding through ```, MI

Trail boss is planning his route

Post Thanks / Like

Not gonna lie.....did enjoy a little "me time" Saturday. Took the opportunity to put on some fast miles and hit up the Houghton/Hancock area for some night time pics. For anybody that hasn`t been up here, these are a couple of really cool towns divided by a canal.

Post Thanks / Like

This is the bridge that connects the 2 towns. When the canal is open, the whole bridge lifts straight up to let large boats through. During the winter as soon as theres enough snow they lay a matt down on the under side for a trail path across. Thought some of these pics turned out pretty cool:

Heaven:

That`s all for now. Got a ton of GoPro footage I`m going to make a video out of later. Trip was amazing from beginning to end. We`ve got another trip planned in a couple weeks here with my sister and borther in law and their two boys. My monsters are super pumped to go with their cousins and show them the ropes (that will be their first trip)

Post Thanks / Like

Not a bad way to end the day/season. Sled season always goes by way too fast, but this year was a pretty good one. Haven`t put that many miles on in a season in quite awhile.

Started out with a trip with the fellas, got our kids involved and on a couple trips, and ended with an awesome trip with my sister and brother in law.....2 trips to the Keweenaw.....now that I think about it, this season might have been the best one yet. Incredible memories....very blessed. Counting down the days till next season already

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information