Just a little south of the Mason Dixon Line
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Random thoughts thread

Despite the fact that our youngest is seventeen, it`s still a tradition in our house to bust out the VHS tapes of the old classic claymation/animated Christmas shows.
    Last night was Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer. I never noticed as a kid, but Santa is an absolute jerk in that show.
    The devil made me do it the first time.
    The second time I done it on my own.

The only good thing about getting old is no longer having to worry about dying young.
    Likes Desertnate, trashmanssd, Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by House of Wax View Post
    What exactly are we gonna do with all these dead battery packs when they need to be replaced as well?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    The early adopters are the test subjects. So far battery life has been better than expected. Life spans are looking to be over 10 years with some degradation. Newer technology is being put into play every year. Right now it would be a second car for me, but in five years with VW getting into the game who knows?

When some these battery packs are past their serviceable life there are companies that are pulling them apart and making a new battery out of the serviceable cells. New industries are born when old ones die. The process sounds labor intensive, right now. New industry, new tech, new job creation. We need more tech schools and fewer diploma mills.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by House of Wax View Post
    What exactly are we gonna do with all these dead battery packs when they need to be replaced as well?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Tesla started reusing them in their residential home solar products. Apperently, when the vehicle battery pack will only charge to around 70~80 percent capacity it is no longer usable for vehicle applications. However, the batter will still hold a signficant charge, so they repackage the batteries removed from the cars and use them as the off-line electrical storage for the the solar array in a home. Your home runs off that battery and only switches over to local power when needed.

If Tesla could come up with something, hopefully others will as well. If not, there will be a pretty big environmental problem when all these batteries full of rare earth metals start piling up.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nutbread View Post
    Despite the fact that our youngest is seventeen, it`s still a tradition in our house to bust out the VHS tapes of the old classic claymation/animated Christmas shows.
    Last night was Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer. I never noticed as a kid, but Santa is an absolute jerk in that show.
    A few years ago, we found that entire collection of movies on a set of DVD`s. It was a good thing since our tapes were wearing out.

My youngest is 17 and my oldest is 25, married, and out of the house, yet we still watch these movies together as a family as well. The holidays wouldn`t be the same if we didn`t!
    Likes MattPersman, Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

In case anyone is interested: AMC will be running those old stop-action animated Christmas movies all day long this Saturday!
    Likes House of Wax, Dan, Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Nice to see people still appreciate the old-tech animation. I simply cannot *stand* today`s CGI/whatever it is.
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I think the winter and peak season has gotten to people... We`re walking down load wing and there`s a guy in a onesie outfit, a guy in a Deadpool costume, and a guy in a chicken suit. I`ve seen some stuff being in maintenance, but that will definitely go on my double tee off list...
    2022 Toyota Tacoma TRD OR 4x4 6MT - 2023 Toyota Camry SE

Post Thanks / Like

Cutting ties with Direct TV.

I`m paying $107 a month WITH DISCOUNTS that are about to expire AND got an email saying that they are raising their rates this month. Once I start paying regular price = $180 plus whatever they raise the rate to, the sad thing is I don`t even get premium channels. In all honesty I maybe only watch about 10 channels. I only keep them for the NFL Sunday Ticket.

Looking into YouTube TV, anyone have any experience with that?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WashRinseRepeat View Post
    Cutting ties with Direct TV.

I`m paying $107 a month WITH DISCOUNTS that are about to expire AND got an email saying that they are raising their rates this month. Once I start paying regular price = $180 plus whatever they raise the rate to, the sad thing is I don`t even get premium channels. In all honesty I maybe only watch about 10 channels. I only keep them for the NFL Sunday Ticket.

Looking into YouTube TV, anyone have any experience with that?
    That`s honestly not that bad. We`re paying $215/mo for cable and internet through Xfinity...

I`ve looked into other options, but there is not the right channels for the other person in the house and they`re too stubborn. Me I could just keep entertained with the internet/Youtube combo...
    2022 Toyota Tacoma TRD OR 4x4 6MT - 2023 Toyota Camry SE

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nizmo View Post
    That`s honestly not that bad. We`re paying $215/mo for cable and internet through Xfinity...

I`ve looked into other options, but there is not the right channels for the other person in the house and they`re too stubborn. Me I could just keep entertained with the internet/Youtube combo...
    Oh, that`s just for TV, the internet is another $65.
    I`ve looked at combining YouTube TV & Philo it would be $56 for both and I`d have more than enough channels.
    So far, all the reviews are positive, I`d just like some from people I trust.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I’m still looking for an alternative to cable to feed the six TVs in my house. Prices keep on soaring and soaring
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah...sigh...we`re at $230 for two Cable boxes and Internet.

(Yeah, only two TVs in this whole place, one in the Media Room and another in the Cardio Room. We don`t watch much TV.)

Bill D- *SIX* TVs? Gee..

Post Thanks / Like

LOL—yep. One for most rooms in the house and just gotta have one in the garage
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.
    Likes Stokdgs, trashmanssd liked this post

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    LOL—yep. One for most rooms in the house and just gotta have one in the garage
    Im with Bill D on this one ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Back in 2002 when I was married and living in Bellevue, WA., she had - 8 - TV`s in the house, and I had 1 in the garage to keep me company on all those long 20hr Detailing jobs.. Plus, I was addicted to Formula-1 and they broadcast live at 0430hrs, over the weekend for Practice, Qualifying, and the Race...

All DirectTV, 2 Ginie HD`s, the rest all wired boxes... I am sure my bill payment was covering some DirecTV`s executive`s condo on Maui...

Today, I am just down to 3 in the house, 1 in the garage, and they are all just here to keep me company..
    I also have pretty nice music equipment going on..

Have Amazon Prime, so I get their Prime Video which lets me see a lot of things for free on my TV`s which all have the Amazon app on them.. You can also buy first run moves for a fee, on this.. Nice alternative to dumbo-tron-reality-tv, etc., and lots of useless stuff...

They also have Prime Music which is really nice but it does not broadcast to TV.. Too bad... I am sure this is a best alternative to Pandora, etc.., for my needs... Maybe someday, they will put their Prime Music on TV..

I hope that eventually, all Internet TV will be able to be easily picked up on our TV`s without having to have the application already on the TV.. Yes, I believe that things like Roku, Firestick, etc., bring this to your TV already,, but I am not really wanting to add more stuff to all of this until it has all been proven to be really reliable, not have to make me spend a zillion dollars on new internet bandwidth, etc., and let me watch TV with much less annoying commercials !!!!

And no, I don`t want to buy a $1,000 little tippy-tap pink screen and watch anything on it, thank you..

All the millenials I know have long ago, gone to Internet everything..
    Dan F
    Likes WashRinseRepeat liked this post
    Thanks WashRinseRepeat thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stokdgs View Post
    Im with Bill D on this one ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Back in 2002 when I was married and living in Bellevue, WA., she had - 8 - TV`s in the house, and I had 1 in the garage to keep me company on all those long 20hr Detailing jobs.. Plus, I was addicted to Formula-1 and they broadcast live at 0430hrs, over the weekend for Practice, Qualifying, and the Race...

All DirectTV, 2 Ginie HD`s, the rest all wired boxes... I am sure my bill payment was covering some DirecTV`s executive`s condo on Maui...

Today, I am just down to 3 in the house, 1 in the garage, and they are all just here to keep me company..
    I also have pretty nice music equipment going on..

Have Amazon Prime, so I get their Prime Video which lets me see a lot of things for free on my TV`s which all have the Amazon app on them.. You can also buy first run moves for a fee, on this.. Nice alternative to dumbo-tron-reality-tv, etc., and lots of useless stuff...

They also have Prime Music which is really nice but it does not broadcast to TV.. Too bad... I am sure this is a best alternative to Pandora, etc.., for my needs... Maybe someday, they will put their Prime Music on TV..

I hope that eventually, all Internet TV will be able to be easily picked up on our TV`s without having to have the application already on the TV.. Yes, I believe that things like Roku, Firestick, etc., bring this to your TV already,, but I am not really wanting to add more stuff to all of this until it has all been proven to be really reliable, not have to make me spend a zillion dollars on new internet bandwidth, etc., and let me watch TV with much less annoying commercials !!!!

And no, I don`t want to buy a $1,000 little tippy-tap pink screen and watch anything on it, thank you..

All the millenials I know have long ago, gone to Internet everything..
    Dan F
    Still living in Washington? I’m in Auburn. As for cable here now 3 TVs basic package, high quality internet 130 month through xfinity

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 210 of 216 FirstFirst ... 110160196197198199200201202203204205206207208209210211212213214215216 LastLast

Thread Information