Post Thanks / Like

Re: Random thoughts thread

Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    Is it yours?
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GearHead_1 View Post
    Is it yours?
    yep
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!
    Likes BudgetPlan1, Stokdgs, GearHead_1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org
    Likes Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Arrghhhhhhh!
    Love bug season.

Post Thanks / Like

Random thoughts thread-14225392_10207305380055597_2275039111089178456_n.jpg
    Maybe if I would`ve had a paint coating I could`ve buffed it back good as new. This car and my 84 Rivera I really miss.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Likes Ronkh, SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Ruh Roh! Any idea what happened?

Post Thanks / Like

Just that it was an electrical fire and spread through the main harness. You can see on the A pillar the soot from the harness burning where it goes in the cabin. Looked like it started in the headlight. We were actually in the store when it started. The police department called for us over the store PA. The fire was out by the time we saw it.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry not a great picture. This scrub jay was coming up to the suet feeder all last winter. I was amazed with his broken beak it had survived the winter. Well, obviously he has survived this summer too. I had set the suet feeders out for fall and winter yesterday. Just now I saw him feeding away. I find it cool and heartwarming. The cool factor is he`s not just another bird. It`s kind of like seeing a friend, because you can pick him out from all the others he`s unique. It`s heartwarming because you know he has survived another year even with a broken beak. Random thoughts thread-img_0202.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Likes Oneheadlite, SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Coleroad- Hey, that *is* heartwarming! Thanks for posting it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coleroad View Post
    Just that it was an electrical fire and spread through the main harness. You can see on the A pillar the soot from the harness burning where it goes in the cabin. Looked like it started in the headlight. We were actually in the store when it started. The police department called for us over the store PA. The fire was out by the time we saw it.
    Yeah, sure looks like it started in the headlight. Doing a little poking around, there is a wire to the headlight with constant power. They`re known to have the insulation crack on the wiring inside the headlight, so maybe that allowed a short; also have seen the headlight modules collect water and cause problems.

Either way, definitely a bummer. 128, right? Nice little cars. Hopefully I`m not gonna end up putting my foot in my mouth, but I`d take one over a 135 pretty much any day.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Oneheadlite View Post
    Hopefully I`m not gonna end up putting my foot in my mouth, but I`d take one over a 135 pretty much any day.
    I`ve never driven a 1-series or a 2-series, but I`ve heard this comment from many people. They like the balance and dynamics of the car with the lighter 4-cyclinder engine more than the heavier 135/234/240 with the inline 6 and don`t mind giving up the extra power.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes a 128i, it had the 3.0 six in it. Wasn`t a fast car (230hp), but sure was fun to drive. I had upgraded both sway bars. Solid rear cradle bushes. Koni yellows, with drop springs. The lighter factory 16" wheels. My wife wants another one. I still haven`t gotten over the loss of my work in it to buy another one.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice.

As a tech, I prefer the reliability that comes with the NA car for that generation. The N54`s (The twin turbo straight 6) it seems nearly inevitable that they`ll need turbos before 150k. The N55`s (Single turbo) have their own headaches. I do think a lot of it has to do with their terrible recommended maintenance schedules, but even well cared for there`s still no guarantee.

That motor`s a good fit (power wise) for the size of the 1. Haven`t spent a ton of time in the 2`s yet. I`m also only doing test drives to verify complaints and after for repairs, so it`s not like I`m out clover-leaf`n and checking their behavior at the limits.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Oneheadlite View Post
    Nice.

As a tech, I prefer the reliability that comes with the NA car for that generation. The N54`s (The twin turbo straight 6) it seems nearly inevitable that they`ll need turbos before 150k. The N55`s (Single turbo) have their own headaches. I do think a lot of it has to do with their terrible recommended maintenance schedules, but even well cared for there`s still no guarantee.

That motor`s a good fit (power wise) for the size of the 1. Haven`t spent a ton of time in the 2`s yet. I`m also only doing test drives to verify complaints and after for repairs, so it`s not like I`m out clover-leaf`n and checking their behavior at the limits.
    So much for them increasing the warranty on the first gen turbos to 100k miles...….

Page 202 of 216 FirstFirst ... 102152188189190191192193194195196197198199200201202203204205206207208209210211212213214215216 LastLast

Thread Information