Post Thanks / Like

Re: Random thoughts thread

PA DETAILER- You thinking of going vehicle shopping?

Oneheadlite- There`s probably some good joke involving "Brazilian Carnauba" in there too.
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WashRinseRepeat View Post
    I`m sure there is a difference, but is it a $200 difference?
    I have the scangrip now and love it and want 1 or 2 more, but I`m just a part timer.
    Then again, I dont want to waste the money on these just to buy the scangrips later.
    This is just more for convenience, saving me time of moving the light from one side to the other.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Look for the Astro (Pneumatics) lights on the automotive paint and body work supply websites. Many models are the same lights as the Scangrip lights, but you can save your self about 30%.

Why pay the premium on the ScanGrip for the same light?
    Likes Stokdgs, WashRinseRepeat liked this post
    Thanks WashRinseRepeat thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DBAILEY View Post
    Look for the Astro (Pneumatics) lights on the automotive paint and body work supply websites. Many models are the same lights as the Scangrip lights, but you can save your self about 30%.
    Hey, that`s interesting!

Though I`d still want to be sure to get the right ones, I`ve heard such differing opinions on the Scangrips that I`m leery of even paying up for those.

Post Thanks / Like

They even look physically the same except for grey plastic housings instead of the red. If you look through the automotive paint and body work supply catalogs you will see that it is the detailing industry manufacturers that `borrows` products that have existed for long time and puts their own name on it. There are a lot of products available without the additional detailing markup. I see a lot of GG tools under other names for example.

Post Thanks / Like

https://www.amazon.com/Astro-Pneumat...stro+Pneumatic. Isn`t the same Scangrip light at least $300?
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Eh, I don`t see how to compare such stuff without actually having them there side-by-side.

Post Thanks / Like

I understand. I really do not like making certain purchases off the internet. I need to see first hand sometimes too. The local detail supply store here in Raleigh, NC used to carry Scangrip and has now switched over to the Astro lights. They still have some of the Scangrips on the shelf and you can see that they are identical for at least the outward appearance. The shop thinks that they are the same lights probably made in the same plant. With the differnce in cost was a no brainer for them to switch over.

Post Thanks / Like

DBAILEY- Yes indeed on Detailing stuff often available cheaper! Heh heh, it`s been a little while since somebody pointed that out related to GG

The "what light`s best?" is gonna drive me nuts...no sooner do I think I`ve figured it out than somebody PMs me saying that they have [whatever it was] and they`re disappointed!

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Eh, I don`t see how to compare such stuff without actually having them there side-by-side.
    DBailey -- Appreciate you finding this and posting the link... It may very well be an excellent alternative to the Scangrip Colour Match MultiMatch Light, I don`t know..

For sure the differences are the shape of the Astro compared to the Scangrip which is a square..
    The Scangrip comes with a stand that is very heavy duty and weighs more than any stand I have ever had.. It is going to last forever..

On the side of the box of the Scangrip Multimatch Item no. 03.5415, there are 13 different items this light has..
    Ultra High CRI COB LED, Step-1/Step-2, 2000/600 lumen, 3500/1400 lux @ 0.5m, Step-1/Step-2, 1.5h/6h, CRI 95, 4500k, IK07, 11.1v/4400mAH Li-ion, 3h, IP67, -10deg - +40C, 220x235x75mm light diameter, 2.14kg, 5m (2x0.75mm 2HO5RN-F) Charger Input: 100-240V AC, Output: 12.6V DC 2.2A Scangrip A/S * DK-5700 Denmark Scangrip.com

On the back of the Scangrip lights there is some more information - EU Design Patent 2211044...

Im looking all around the box and the 2 lights, and I don`t see anything that says - the dreaded - Made in China..

If these Astro lights work great and are for sure much less expensive, it would be hard to turn down... I just don`t know where they are made...
    Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stokdgs View Post
    DBailey -- Appreciate you finding this and posting the link... It may very well be an excellent alternative to the Scangrip Colour Match MultiMatch Light, I don`t know..

For sure the differences are the shape of the Astro compared to the Scangrip which is a square..
    The Scangrip comes with a stand that is very heavy duty and weighs more than any stand I have ever had.. It is going to last forever..

On the side of the box of the Scangrip Multimatch Item no. 03.5415, there are 13 different items this light has..
    Ultra High CRI COB LED, Step-1/Step-2, 2000/600 lumen, 3500/1400 lux @ 0.5m, Step-1/Step-2, 1.5h/6h, CRI 95, 4500k, IK07, 11.1v/4400mAH Li-ion, 3h, IP67, -10deg - +40C, 220x235x75mm light diameter, 2.14kg, 5m (2x0.75mm 2HO5RN-F) Charger Input: 100-240V AC, Output: 12.6V DC 2.2A Scangrip A/S * DK-5700 Denmark Scangrip.com

On the back of the Scangrip lights there is some more information - EU Design Patent 2211044...

Im looking all around the box and the 2 lights, and I don`t see anything that says - the dreaded - Made in China..

If these Astro lights work great and are for sure much less expensive, it would be hard to turn down... I just don`t know where they are made...
    Dan F
    I tried to find out where they are made and they are keeping it a good secret. All I could find was that they “import” their tools, so I’m guessing China...
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

This Millenial Job Interview is hilarious !!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uo0KjdDJr1c

Dan F
    Likes BudgetPlan1, rlmccarty2000 liked this post
    Thanks rlmccarty2000 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Al
    The Need to Bead

Likes Oneheadlite, Coleroad liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

We’ve got a 3 year old daughter, and have always made a point to keep our phones away while she’s up. We’ve never wanted her to be one who needs an iPad pacifier in public (though I try not to judge too harshly when I see others doing it, as I don’t know their story. My niece is on the autism spectrum, and there are times they use it to help her in situations. Though I’m sure most often it’s parents just going the path of least resistance...)

We keep a bag of books in each car for if she doesn’t want to chat, bring coloring books/etc for restaurants, and generally just include her in everything. She’s been helping me “do the beepin” at the self checkout at the grocery store for I don’t remember how long.

Sorry if I come off as high and mighty, I just wonder how things would be if parents gave a full time rip about the tiny humans they’re responsible for bringing to be.
    Likes Coleroad liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Oneheadlite View Post
    We’ve got a 3 year old daughter, and have always made a point to keep our phones away while she’s up. We’ve never wanted her to be one who needs an iPad pacifier in public (though I try not to judge too harshly when I see others doing it, as I don’t know their story. My niece is on the autism spectrum, and there are times they use it to help her in situations. Though I’m sure most often it’s parents just going the path of least resistance...)

We keep a bag of books in each car for if she doesn’t want to chat, bring coloring books/etc for restaurants, and generally just include her in everything. She’s been helping me “do the beepin” at the self checkout at the grocery store for I don’t remember how long.

Sorry if I come off as high and mighty, I just wonder how things would be if parents gave a full time rip about the tiny humans they’re responsible for bringing to be.
    I think most parents care about their children, it’s just children don’t come with manuals that tell you the best way to raise them. What is right for one child may not be right for another. It’s up for the parent to read the cues that the child is giving them. In my day there were no smart phones so my parents didn’t have to deal with the fact that 90% of children own a smartphone and if the don’t have one they are left out of experiences that other children have (good or bad). Too much of anything is bad, moderation is the key to life. Using an iPad in itself is not bad, but using it nonstop is. That is where parents come in and decide for their child what is good or bad. Where many parents fail is when they try to be their child’s friend instead of their parent. Talk to me when your child is 14 and all her “friends” have the latest and greatest whatever and she “needs” one. Hormones are raging and no amount of discussing the matter will make a difference. 3 year olds are easy, teenagers will take years off of your life. Good luck, you will need it.

Post Thanks / Like

So where do you guys stand on spraying weed n feed on your neighbor`s yard?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Page 200 of 216 FirstFirst ... 100150186187188189190191192193194195196197198199200201202203204205206207208209210211212213214 ... LastLast

Thread Information