Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
Stokdgs- See how everybody`s different? Most of the people who`ve really mattered to me have died, so I do have a, uhm...first-hand perspective on the topic. But then I`m kinda different with regard to this, didn`t want hugged/etc. at all, dealt with it in my own way, privately and never displayed much of any emotion to anybody (not that I wasn`t *feeling* it). Just the way I`m wired I guess, but then, [sigh] I`ve had a lot of practice at it, dating back to when I was rather young.
Mi Amigo,
Yes, we are all so different and that is such a good thing !

I am sorry to read that you had a lot of practice at this, dating back to when you were rather young..
Wish I could have been there for you, even if you didn`t need me..

It will never be easy for anyone to lose a loved one and for sure no one can ever relate to it as the person it has happened to...

In my experiences with the loss of loved ones, and there have been many, I have found that just being there for that person or family, and having to be stronger if you will, to hold them up, but still willing to share that box of Kleenex, is often really needed.

There is a scripture that reads : "Thou shalt live together in love, insomuch that thou shalt weep for the loss of them that die"...

Later, being there to help get the funeral arrangements, etc., together is also very much needed and appreciated..
No one really thinks very clearly after losing a loved one, and someone who can come by and help with that part is always a good thing..
Dan F