Thanks rlmccarty2000, Mary B, re-tired thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Well I found it amusing

Now that’s funny!
    Likes Mary B liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Eh, I find it offensive.

I`ll grant the benefit of the doubt and assume you`re not making fun of Jenner`s (or anybody else`s) Gender Dysphoria, but it`s too close to that kind of ridicule for my taste.
    Likes Mary B liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I think it`s the look on the dogs face that made me chuckle. I bear no ill will or make no judgements on anyone`s personal decisions so long as it doesnt adversely impact me or mine.

That said, if I can find my own foibles and shortcomings amusing, I`m pretty much open to finding many questionable things worthy of a chuckle.

Also could be that I`m too lazy (or too dumb) to be offended by much.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I do know the Lord is real. I have had enough personal encounters with Him to know for sure and cannot be in denial about His existence. That said, there are verses pointing out that if one remains an empty vessel for too long, principalities can come along and fill voids originally meant to be filled by Him. I feel there`s more than meets the eye with gender dysphoria.
    The quickest way to kill a conversation, or a thread is to talk about the Lord.
    Likes re-tired, Stokdgs liked this post
    Thanks re-tired, Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I’ve never been “politically correct”. I guess it has to do with my age, experiences, and upbringing. I didn’t even see it as poking a little fun at Ms. Jenner. I just thought it was clever. I doubt if Ms. Jenner would be hurt by this. I imagine she has a sense of humor too.
    Likes BudgetPlan1, yamabob liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with you 100%. I get tired of all the " I`m offended " crap. I dont see it as making fun of someone`s choices and struggles with their own personal reality. I see it as a clever play and a bit humorous. As a matter of fact I don`t agree with Bruce/Caitlyn but I admire the courage to be up front and so open to ridicule.
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yamabob View Post
    I get tired of all the " I`m offended " crap..
    Noted.

Post Thanks / Like

^^ not a comment based off your statement. If you feel that way you are certainly entitled to feel/think that way. I just feel that we as a society have gone too far with the" watch what ya say so you don`t offend someone" philosophy. Hell it`s one of the reasons we are heading in the direction we are. Participation trophies. Soft we are. Just sayin

Post Thanks / Like

yamabob- Appreciate the clarification.

I`ll readily admit I`m a [freakin`] bleeding heart when it comes to ridiculing others. As the saying goes, "there`s nothing worse than a reformed anything" and I spent plenty of my life doing all kinds of stuff that I now [gripe] about. Live and learn, better late than never, etc. etc. Heh heh, now I bug people by being that way instead of by being, uhm...not so nice.

There were times when I would`ve given *anything* for just one person to stand up to people who were, uhm...behaving unkindly towards me...even if somebody had just said "hey, that`s not nice", it would`ve mattered. Sounds silly, huh? Yes indeed, to me too...but it`s still true.

So in the vein of not being "a good man who did nothing.." I do indeed go off when I think somebody`s being ridiculed or otherwise, uhm...bullied. And yeah, I set that bar awfully low.

Funny thing is...I *agree* entirely about everybody being so sensitive that you can`t even voice a differing opinion without someone taking offense! "Safe Speach Zones", Participation Trophies, and the like bug the [expletive] out of me too. I just draw my personal Redline at ridiculing people. And yeah, I do have to remind myself to practice what I preach...all the [freakin`] time it seems

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    yamabob- Appreciate the clarification.

I`ll readily admit I`m a [freakin`] bleeding heart when it comes to ridiculing others. As the saying goes, "there`s nothing worse than a reformed anything" and I spent plenty of my life doing all kinds of stuff that I now [gripe] about. Live and learn, better late than never, etc. etc. Heh heh, now I bug people by being that way instead of by being, uhm...not so nice.

There were times when I would`ve given *anything* for just one person to stand up to people who were, uhm...behaving unkindly towards me...even if somebody had just said "hey, that`s not nice", it would`ve mattered. Sounds silly, huh? Yes indeed, to me too...but it`s still true.

So in the vein of not being "a good man who did nothing.." I do indeed go off when I think somebody`s being ridiculed or otherwise, uhm...bullied. And yeah, I set that bar awfully low.

Funny thing is...I *agree* entirely about everybody being so sensitive that you can`t even voice a differing opinion without someone taking offense! "Safe Speach Zones", Participation Trophies, and the like bug the [expletive] out of me too. I just draw my personal Redline at ridiculing people. And yeah, I do have to remind myself to practice what I preach...all the [freakin`] time it seems

I get it, it doesn`t sound silly. I`m glad you wrote this.

There`s things I don`t agree with. That in turn doesn`t give me rights to be mean, demeaning, to be physically hurting those people or anyone else for that matter. You should be able to share your beliefs. I should be able to share mine. All while getting along together. It`s ok if someone doesn`t believe everything you believe. Mutual respect, doesn`t mean you have to agree.
    Likes Oneheadlite liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Coleroad- People with vastly differing views can indeed get along just fine. If we did all agree about everything, heh heh...that`d be a clue!
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

So funny to me. ...People don’t like it when someone takes a poke at a celeb who decides midlife they’re just going to start identifying as another gender.

But call the President of the United States a moron or similar and it’s seemingly universally applauded out there in social media land.

Where are our priorities?
    Likes Strong66, GearHead_1, Stokdgs liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Well i will chime in with my two "sense" & I am 100% sure that it is going to be unpopular. I have been banned on other forums because I took a stand for my beliefs that had a ton of folks got so mad that I know if they could have they would have hit me, or at least thought about attempting it.

That being said, I am sick of hearing so many people use the phrase "That offends me" -- what a bunch of lying bull crap that is. I think 99% of the time its just feigning.- How about just get over yourself?? What they really mean is " I dont like what you are saying and I am going to do what I can to make you look bad" When I grew up one of the things my parents taught me was-- sticks and stones may break my bone but names will never hurt me. My parents gave us kids a lot of tough love along with the kind love-- it prepared us for life, and it worked. People are just so full of themselves anymore and full of arrogant pride it makes me sick. What about when someone says something mean either just ignore them?? Or try this one-- works almost every time ( but its hard I will admit ) -- be as nice as you can to them, most of the time you will see they get frustrated and move on.
    Likes BudgetPlan1, grisby liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I`m not lying. I`m not feigning. I`m not trying to make anybody look bad.

I don`t like it when anybody ridicules anybody, from Jenner to Trump to anyone else. Not online, not IRL.

Ridicule and verbal abuse do hurt people. Sometimes permanently.

I`m telling the truth based on my experiences and I`m trying to get people to just not say or do unkind things, if only here on the Autopia Detailing Forums.

I was lucky. I was able to RESET and have a good life after all. But few people have that opportunity.
    Likes BudgetPlan1, Marine Clerk liked this post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information