Post Thanks / Like

Re: Random thoughts thread

his experiences for today? is he generally psychic or what?

i too am not sure what my experiences are today, but later I could tell you

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 512detail View Post
    mr slick you need to see if the 2nd benz wants headlight resto

Yeah I`m going to try to sell the service. $40 to restore them. Just waiting till she wants it done. she said tomorrow, but yesterday she said today so we will see.

Sent from my iPotato using Tapatalk
    "I can shine your car if you don`t shine me on" -Mr. $lick

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 512detail View Post
    the face swelling is growing, yipee

Call the dentist and tell him it`s getting worse. Ask him if he can phone in an oral steroid. They will likely give you a methylprednisolone dose pack or a decadron taper. This will also help if you are in any pain (I`m assuming you are). It will calm down the swelling in a few days. Don`t forget to finish the antibiotic.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Likes 512detail liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by trashmanssd View Post
    one my favorite old shows. what a great scene.

This is my wife`s and my all-time favorite TV show. We have every episode.

My wife and I can complete any line from all nine seasons.
    —  Jaddie

2012 Honda Odyssey EX-L Nav. (mine)
    2016 Ford Escape Titanium (hers)
    Likes Ronkh, trashmanssd liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by House of Wax View Post
    I always find myself looking at tools I really don`t have a need for and wanting to buy them anyway lol
    This is normal, right?

Because if it`s not, I have a serious problem.
    —  Jaddie

2012 Honda Odyssey EX-L Nav. (mine)
    2016 Ford Escape Titanium (hers)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Swanicyouth View Post
    Call the dentist and tell him it`s getting worse. Ask him if he can phone in an oral steroid. They will likely give you a methylprednisolone dose pack or a decadron taper. This will also help if you are in any pain (I`m assuming you are). It will calm down the swelling in a few days. Don`t forget to finish the antibiotic.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    thanks. im going to call tomorrow.

I`ve only been able to work on this car in 3 hour segments. all ive finished is the hood, roof, and trunk two step ready to be coated.

and its gonna be pouring rain this afternoon, I`ll be lucky to have this car coated by noon, most likely 1-2pm

of course..it never rains here, unless i have to release a coated vehicle, lol

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

Random thoughts thread

This is a huge load of BS. This is the same client that had me do his red Mercedes a few months ago. Right now I have 4 clients that want details and they are ALL doing this to me. They schedule a day "for sure" and they just screw around. I have no idea what is going through their heads. In fact, this is putting my career as a detailer on hold because my business thrives by making new contacts as I am detailing cars as well as word of mouth. These people don`t have a clue that they are being very rude, actually. They come to me while I`m detailing a car and I take 10 minutes of my time explaining the process because at the time, they seem very interested in getting their vehicle detailed. I set aside the day making sure I am in town so if they are serious, I can arrive within an hour and do the job.

Meanwhile, recently I picked up a pizza at the local shack and noticed a "help wanted" sign. I talked to the owner, I already know him, and he said he will probably hire me to deliver pizzas. I dream of being able to make a living detailing, but at the moment, that is just not realistically possible. What really bothers me, is when your not an independent business owner, people don`t screw with you like that. Imagine you`re delivering a pizza and most of your recipients say:

"Oh sorry, I ordered that pizza but then I grabbed a snack and now I`m not hungry anymore, sorry bout that."

That just does not happen. You will probably get an overpaid tip of $5 or $10, while in detailing, you usually get mediocre tips. (I`m not complaining about tips because when I`m detailing, I expect the amount charged. Any extra is extra.)

I see many detailers here usually having a smooth time. Some have a regular job and detail on top of that. Then their clients want a coating job. The detailer makes $600 on the weekend. Meanwhile my client wants a wash and wax and when it`s their day, they say "nah just a wash for now. Wax next time." And I lose out.

I just don`t get this. I do plan on being a Mobile detailer, at this time, to my knowledge, Palm Springs and Palm Desert do not have any Elite detailers. Just your regular hacks. I plan on taking over, but I gotta build my business from the bare bones.

If any of you guys get a soccer mom with a trashed out minivan, I would happily trade. Just give me a damn car to detail!

Post Thanks / Like

Random thoughts thread

At least on a walk I got to see this. I washed and waxed both of these a month ago.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Slick View Post

This is a huge load of BS. This is the same client that had me do his red Mercedes a few months ago. Right now I have 4 clients that want details and they are ALL doing this to me. They schedule a day "for sure" and they just screw around. I have no idea what is going through their heads. In fact, this is putting my career as a detailer on hold because my business thrives by making new contacts as I am detailing cars as well as word of mouth. These people don`t have a clue that they are being very rude, actually. They come to me while I`m detailing a car and I take 10 minutes of my time explaining the process because at the time, they seem very interested in getting their vehicle detailed. I set aside the day making sure I am in town so if they are serious, I can arrive within an hour and do the job.

Meanwhile, recently I picked up a pizza at the local shack and noticed a "help wanted" sign. I talked to the owner, I already know him, and he said he will probably hire me to deliver pizzas. I dream of being able to make a living detailing, but at the moment, that is just not realistically possible. What really bothers me, is when your not an independent business owner, people don`t screw with you like that. Imagine you`re delivering a pizza and most of your recipients say:

"Oh sorry, I ordered that pizza but then I grabbed a snack and now I`m not hungry anymore, sorry bout that."

That just does not happen. You will probably get an overpaid tip of $5 or $10, while in detailing, you usually get mediocre tips. (I`m not complaining about tips because when I`m detailing, I expect the amount charged. Any extra is extra.)

I see many detailers here usually having a smooth time. Some have a regular job and detail on top of that. Then their clients want a coating job. The detailer makes $600 on the weekend. Meanwhile my client wants a wash and wax and when it`s their day, they say "nah just a wash for now. Wax next time." And I lose out.

I just don`t get this. I do plan on being a Mobile detailer, at this time, to my knowledge, Palm Springs and Palm Desert do not have any Elite detailers. Just your regular hacks. I plan on taking over, but I gotta build my business from the bare bones.

If any of you guys get a soccer mom with a trashed out minivan, I would happily trade. Just give me a damn car to detail!

My thoughts are that you don`t want to chase and waste time on customers like that. You made it known you will detail their car(s) and constantly asking will only deter them more and more. I understand wanting to get your name out there and such, but you need to know when to stop wasting the effort and go after different clients. Not to mention, you don`t want to have customers like that, they will only irritate you to the point that detailing no longer becomes fun.

Post Thanks / Like

mr slick dont mess around with people like that.

you`re trying to run a business, which means your time is very valuable to you. I`d recommend trying to divert that energy you`re essentially wasting following up with those people towards getting your name out there to other people.

i once made a flyer that advertised a few "detail specials" to the folks in my apartment complex...and at the end I put that I was the owner of the black challenger near the gate.

i was unemployed and recently found my detail bug so that car was always looking very nice and almost everyone drove by it twice a day leaving and returning.

think of things like that and stop chasing bad customers who cant commit

Brandt K.
    Likes Mr. Slick, ShakingHorizons liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

A successful business can take years to get going. You may have to sink money into advertising getting signs business cards etc made up. Hit up the dealerships and car lots see if they have a detailer they use to make cars look good and corrected not just covered up quickly.

Drop off business cards with the service writers of car dealerships tell them you will give them a bone if they get you business. They talk to people with cars all day surely they can mention your detail business if they know there is a couple bucks in it for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

My appt today cancelled and to be honest I am very happy about that.

finally a day off and my face is less swollen from that bad tooth

a whole day off, I don`t even know where to begin

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

Sittin at dr`s office, figured i`d look to see if there were any "gotta sell everything, cuz i`m moving to Canada sales.....
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!
    Likes 512detail, trashmanssd liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Mr. Slick, I would also go to car shows, talk with the people and educate them about swirls and scratches and show them pictures of what you can do. Once you get established and do a couple details, people will start talking and that will make more business for you. Business cards help too, you can hand those out at car shows, maybe have it attached to a picture of a before and after picture of a car?

The possibilities are endless, but I think the car shows would be your best bet. Try to find which ones are in your area, and go to them often.
    Likes 512detail, Mr. Slick liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    Sittin at dr`s office, figured i`d look to see if there were any "gotta sell everything, cuz i`m moving to Canada sales.....
    let me know if you find anyone selling palm trees over by me

Brandt K.
    Likes Ronkh liked this post

Page 89 of 216 FirstFirst ... 3975767778798081828384858687888990919293949596979899100101102103139189 ... LastLast

Thread Information