Post Thanks / Like

Re: Random thoughts thread

only two weekend openings until OCTOBER 1ST- nice!! business be good right now

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

All I wanted was a lazy weekend. Yea, uh, didn`t happen. There has been some venting issues in the plumbing (gurgling when you flush the thunder bucket) and then the lavatory sink clogged completely up. Ok, no problem, I`ll run my snake through it. Nope. Decided it`s not worth trying to clean all that out just for it to catch on the galvanized fittings a month from now.

Tee to the vent:

Where the lavatory connected:

Fixed in place:

Owner is getting off cheap, only $40 worth of fittings. Going to take it off the rent; my labor is free. No more venting issues and a free running sink. The purple primer is required by code in case anybody was wondering. I have a strange feeling the tub drain is next...
    2024 Toyota Tacoma SR5 4WD - 2023 Toyota Camry SE
    Likes Angus, trashmanssd liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Any of you Floridians been to the Orlando Cars & Coffee? While my car isn`t anything special, I`m thinking of checking it out next month but I`m not sure what to expect or what kind of atmosphere it is. I`d like to bring my son if possible.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nautical View Post
    Any of you Floridians been to the Orlando Cars & Coffee? While my car isn`t anything special, I`m thinking of checking it out next month but I`m not sure what to expect or what kind of atmosphere it is. I`d like to bring my son if possible.
    From what I understand, it`s a very good one.
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!
    Likes Nautical liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!
    Likes SgtMajUSMC liked this post
    Thanks trashmanssd, rlmccarty2000 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes GearHead_1, trashmanssd liked this post
    Thanks trashmanssd thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I remember when my dad was remote (Vietnam, etc) he could only talk via MARS. I am trying to envision how cell phone usage could have been handled in Full Metal Jacket style.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Likes rlmccarty2000 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Ronkh- Thanks for posting the link to Lucca`s story. There`s one Fox News article I really appreciated.
    Likes GearHead_1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Darn, I woke up ugly again today.......

Post Thanks / Like

I can`t believe how old people my age are.
    Likes trashmanssd, rlmccarty2000 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I haven`t made an auto detailing related purchase in awhile and feel like my poor Connect membership needs to be used before it`s up. I need to do some research, but has anyone found a product that would work well over a coating that has anti-static properties to it? It may be me, but Gloss Coat seems to attract dust more so than any sealant I`ve used before..

Post Thanks / Like

At least Canada enforces their borders. Sends back 1500 Americans.............

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...cid=spartandhp

Post Thanks / Like
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve been wondering when the military would wake up! The military is not the tough military it was at one time. Soldiers now have "personal space" that can not be "violated" by inspections. We used to have "health and welfare" inspections to find all the drugs and illegal weapons in the barracks, now that is an invasion of privacy. When you join the military you used to give up most of your privacy rights. Not anymore. Integrating females into the military came at a huge price and the military is not a better place for it. Separate sleeping/bathing/bathrooms etc. waste precious time and security. Everyone is worrying about offending the other gender. It might be best to have full on male units and full female units. They are supposed to be equal now, right? Cell phones and computers are some of the biggest time wasters and OPSEC breeches that the military has to be concerned with. The only fix is like the General said is to leave the phones at home and pass out Article 15s for violators. Men and women don`t mix well and combat forces everyone to become closer. The military has one of the highest divorce rates among any profession and putting men and women in close proximity during dangerous operations often makes for not so strange bedfellows. I don`t see the military ever getting a handle on current problems unless they go back to their roots as a strict disciplinary society, and that will not happen because society as a whole has become lax.

Page 78 of 216 FirstFirst ... 286465666768697071727374757677787980818283848586878889909192128178 ... LastLast

Thread Information