Post Thanks / Like

Re: Random thoughts thread

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Yeah, a bigger intercooler sounds like a great upgrade given the heat-soak issue. And I agree about skipping mods that simply make a FWD`s torque-steer/traction issues worse.
    There are people out there who will put a bigger turbo on the ST`s on e85 and fully bolted on making 3-400+ hp, but at that point I`d rather spend that money towards a platform that can handle it better. And with how practical it is to have a four door hatch with a young one and two dogs, I don`t see me getting anything else for awhile. That`s why I figure I`ll throw some money into it (over time) so I have more of a desire to keep it.

Unless a used RS comes up then all bets are off!

Post Thanks / Like

Nautical- I`m all about *linear* powerbands, so bigger turbos are seldom the Rx for what I want. Heh heh, for that matter, TURBOs are generally not gonna give me what I want period, but some of the more modern systems are getting better.

And I hear you on the kids/dogs, these days if it won`t accommodate two (big, active) dogs (and sometimes even a dogcrate or two) I`m basically not interested.

Post Thanks / Like

so im kicking myself in the arse bc I posted the CSL hellcat online and now all the ppl who were booked for 1 step + PBL want CSL now! haha

geez

Brandt K.
    Likes trashmanssd liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 512detail View Post
    so im kicking myself in the arse bc I posted the CSL hellcat online and now all the ppl who were booked for 1 step + PBL want CSL now! haha

geez
    $$$$$$$$$$
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!
    Likes 512detail liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    $$$$$$$$$$
    I gotta order more, not gonna be able to coat the go mango cat, not gonna pay 45 for overnight shipping. Thatd cut into my profits ...i think i have enough to do his roof hood and trunk at least since it has those giant blsck stripes its not much paint

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Brandt K.
    Likes Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Not everyone has boxes unopened, lol

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

I would ask, that due to last minute demand of a costly procedure(if it is a bit more "challenging" to apply than PBL) and product, i`d need a deposit , otherwise they may need to wait until i get a hold of it or just stick with PBL. that way you also won`t end up loosing $ if you buy extra CSL and have someone flake out on you. Doesn`t it also cost more than PBL?? soooo price increase and more $$$ for you?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Migue View Post
    I would ask, that due to last minute demand of a costly procedure(if it is a bit more "challenging" to apply than PBL) and product, i`d need a deposit , otherwise they may need to wait until i get a hold of it or just stick with PBL. that way you also won`t end up loosing $ if you buy extra CSL and have someone flake out on you. Doesn`t it also cost more than PBL?? soooo price increase and more $$$ for you?
    oh he is still dropping the car off Monday regardless of whether or not I can get the CSL in time. he said he will just schedule again later for the CSL. doesn`t mind at all driving down just to leave me the car for a day or two and play with waxes on it or something of my preference - just not coating unless its CSL-

and I am fine tuning my pricing but I think I will figure it out very soon as I am getting a website built (finally!).

yes the CSL is about $65 without any specials or deals but I am going to order a vile or two on this current sale- I have a White Hellcat Challenger booked in September and a 15% off sale is fine w/me. (love me some mystery items and cant turn down 3 more DMTs at that Vega Deal price! - just a perfect storm of take my money- haha)

and back to the csl- it takes about 4/5 of the entire 30mil vile (or did for me at least) to do a charger - the redline cat didn`t have any vinyl so it would take less for this go mango (especially considering I over applied it with the lc coating applicator- once dialed in with the carpro block stuffed with the small suede cloth, it was golden (need to get more of those too- just like using them) see take more of my money- hell the longer I think about this post the more products I will probably pick up- lol

and yes, it much more time consuming to apply than pbl. to be honest on a recent car I sprayed the entire hood and then worked it (PBL) in and it performed just as easy as one section at a time (although I don`t recommend anyone taking after my bad examples)

I did make a few booboos with CSL on the pass side of the hellcat but they polished down after I noticed them and I solved the application issue (as far as I know)

PBL on the other hand is about the same price for the 4oz spray bottle BUT you could get several applications (5-10 depending on how much you use)...so its much more cost effective on my side to use PBL

problem is, what happens if I spluge after all these details and get Gyeon on my SRT, now everybody is gonna want Gyeon, lol

its a sick cycle of keeping up with the joneses with car club folk, lol

I plan to be on the $ side of this one though, haha

I think my real angle needs to be upselling the EXO on top of CSL since you can apply it so quickly, I just have not decided what to charge for that yet because its essentially applying two coatings but one without all the prep work involved

I suppose that`s another thing that is keeping me back, I don`t really know what My time and My skill is worth or at least what the market is willing to pay for it... first world problems, I know

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

So, USA wins first gold medal in GUNS..... (deal with it liberals)

Then O says this............

“Team USA reminds the world why America always sets the gold standard: We’re a nation of immigrants that finds strength in our diversity and unity in our national pride.”
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

i saw the video of the French competitor snapping his shin in half on that landing...OUCH!!! he didn`t even seem in pain, he was just more bummed out like " #$<% i gotta go home already" . Beach Volleyball is entertaining and happening now.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

The honor goes to Florida...........

Which state has the worst drivers in the U.S.? - CBS News

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Or could have just not gone based on religious reasons and been called a hero by some. I loved MASH.
    Likes Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    Or could have just not gone based on religious reasons ...
    I find the issue of (genuine) Conscientious Objectors to be a bit complicated. If somebody *really* believes that their religion utterly forbids the taking of another`s life or even contributing to it indirectly...well, defying one`s religion can be a big deal given that person`s Worldview.

Are there allowances for such beliefs, like....some MOS or Service Alternative that can accommodate such beliefs so that person could still Serve without violating their beliefs? I simply don`t know about such stuff...

Page 76 of 216 FirstFirst ... 266263646566676869707172737475767778798081828384858687888990126176 ... LastLast

Thread Information